Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd agree with most of their opinions. I certainly hope there are some bold colors available, it's an option that seems appropriate for a 'passion' product like Bronco, Mustang, Wrangler. The possibility for a two tone paint job appeals to me more than some sticker graphics too.

Several of these 'compare' articles popped up recently. I guess everyone had the same idea ... if Ford isn't going to tell us anything this month, we need to start a conversation to capture those eyes searching for some Bronco news.

OP
OP
Bronco II

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
we need to start a conversation to capture those eyes searching for some Bronco news.

That's basically what this article is. It's for people like us starved for any kind of Bronco news.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cringed a little at the solid axle part. Mainly in their confidence. Ford is clearly doing an IFS set up, but for them to be so confident that a solid axle was shown in some images (it wasn't) will probably disappoint some hard line fans on release. As for the axle debate, I know I am in the minority but I welcome IFS when it is done right. For OEM look at the raptor, the key is travel, and for peak performance look at ultra-4. Anyway, the bronco rocked the TTB which is an independent set up. Regarding the colors I would love a two tone brown! I know that sounds boring but they offer it on the Superdutys now and they had it on the OBS trucks in the late 80's. I would love that!

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
agree.....no solid axle for me either or the "death wobble" that comes with it …..just give me a Raptor proven IFS and I'll be thrilled.
I'm sure Ford is gonna offer a hardcore, solid front axle as a "trim level" sometime in the future, why wouldn't they, Jeep does :thumbsup:

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've had solid-axle trucks all my life, yet never once experienced the dreaded death wobble. And when I was younger, I certainly wasn't too fastidious about maintenance - both from lack of financial resources and the general cluelessness that accompanies youth and inexperience. If I hadn't heard about it on the Internet, I would never have known it existed in 4-wheeled vehicles (though I am intimately familiar with it on motorcycles).

OP
OP
Bronco II

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As long as you don't have a Ram (Dodge) or Jeep you'll probably never enjoy the experience

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep. Everything solid-axle I can think of has been Ford.

Perhaps it is more a Chrysler engineering thing than a global solid axle issue, though I have heard complaints of it in well-worn OBS and '99-'03 SuperDuty/Excursions. I guess it should be considered preventive maintenance to check ball joints, drag links, tie rod ends, and track bar bushings every 250k or so.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me it just needs to be boxy. Flat fenders with a bit of a fender flair. I'm hoping it doesn't have the same fenders as the Ranger. That's too euro looking for my taste.
Round headlights would be ideal and looks like they are going to do. Also, a flat facing front grill that's not angled back and hood that isn't angled down. I know that's not great aerodynamics but screw it. That's not what we want in a vehicle like this. The back window I'd like to look like the FB window, slightly tapered and angled.

If it looks like the Bronco6G rendering and has the angles of the tarp teaser then we are looking good.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Boxy with flat fenders, removable roof, and relatively high ride height. I don't want round headlights, I'd prefer them more squared off. But definitely want some different colors (a variant of Dark Highland Green from the Bullitt would look SICK on a Bronco) and 2 tone options would be welcomed (I'd love orange fury with a white roof)

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Something else I just thought of... give us variety on interior colors, too! The Mustang has a pretty decent variety, but the same can't necessarily be said about the rest of the Ford lineup. I'd like at a minimum...
Black
Brown
Tan
Ceramic
Red

I'd love Ceramic interior on the aforementioned Orange-on-White

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I'm interested to see is now that we know 99% sure the top will be removable in some aspect, what will they have as a roll bar and or C pillar if anything at all.

I'm sure there is some regulations they have to abide by. I'm hoping it's a case of the windows can pop out including a roof window and it leaves a shell type situation.

Maybe it will have C pillars angled underneath or something like these. .

bronco20concept33.jpg

31275744_1674827942571201_1130687239085260836_n-jpg.jpg

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One thing I know for sure folks, Ford has a tough row to hoe. After driving my new Jeep for a month, along with a trip to the Uhwarrie National Forrest for some off roading, Ford has it's hands full. As I've said before, I'm a Ford guy born and bred. I do hope Ford succeeds, and they build a Bronco that can entice me back into the fold.

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford don’t be a one trick poney remember the half cab Ute you will need one to complete with the gladiator to complete the bronco portfolio or else fall behind in the fight for suv supremacy
Sponsored