senatorPOPS

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - 1990 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Most likely 315/70r17s BFG KO2's because I've had great experiences with them in the past. I have a set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2's right now, because I got a great deal on them, and I really like those, but with about a year to decide I'm sure all my decisions will change.
Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably going to run these Pro Comp AT Sports once my base all season tires wear down a bit. Not sure if I want to run 32" or 33" on the 16 inch steelies though.
epcvl0.ang.l.jpg
I want to run 33’s on by base and change the wheels. Any idea if that will require suspension mods such as lift kit?

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want to run 33’s on by base and change the wheels. Any idea if that will require suspension mods such as lift kit?
I am the wrong person to ask, I'm usually lowering my vehicles :ROFLMAO: This would be the first one I'd lift. If I had to guess, they should clear on stock suspension since a lot of the other trims run 33s stock.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Depending on what I end up with stock BFG's or Goodyears ill run them until they are gone for summer only. I'll probably only put on 5k miles a year or so.

At the first winter I'll have a second set of wheels with dedicated snow tires, either Bridgestone Blizzak or Cooper M+S studded in the largest size I can get.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Still cant believe Im the only one here that is going to buy Super Swampers and I sell the Sasquatch tires. Whether I do wheel this hard or I dont want to trust something this nice to ride thin ATs and MTs. Nails,screws, kiawe thorns. Shit happens. I guess if I see any other Broncos on the trail, it will be in the rearview mirror.
You're the only one crazy enough to rock Swampers. Idk about recent tires but back in the 80's the Swampers were way more for the mud than pavement that's for sure. Plus back then weren't they only bias ply?

TXWILD

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F250 12 inch lift on 40's
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is a video of the Goodyear Wrangler Territory M/T 35” mud tire thats currently only available in Canada. The Bronco Sasquatch and High Lift package will be getting this tire except it will be different tread and sidewall for the US market.
I couldn't find much about it at all.
Seems like a good tire for all weather conditions.

Will you keep these or switch them out for your favorite Offroad tire?
What is your current favorite offroad tire?

I have had good luck with Toyo's on my past and current trucks and jeeps. Currently running my 2nd set of 40's on an F250 and no issues. So may switch out to a set of Toyo's when I take delivery.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You're the only one crazy enough to rock Swampers. Idk about recent tires but back in the 80's the Swampers were way more for the mud than pavement that's for sure. Plus back then weren't they only bias ply?
Yep they are for mud and sand and rock and anything else. They are super thick also and have stiff enough sidewalls and beads that you can run under 10 psi without worrying about beadlocks. They best ones are bias but run just fine on the road at anything under 90 mph. They have unparalleled puncture resistance and can have around an inch or more of slices or tread damage. They do have radial options for the TSL and The Irock. The also have about 4 different mud terrain styles but those arent really any better than all the other MTs out there.

Swampers are actually fairly chill to drive, as long as you arent one of those wind noise sensitive types. Its just a mud tire hum. Only boggers are rough at low speeds. Really there is only 2 or 3 others(pitbull, maxxis, etc.)
out there if you are serious about offroading.

IROK_Radial_Group_1200x1200_0.png

LTB_Group_1200x1200.png

IROK_ND_Group_1200x1200.png

SSR_Group_1200x1200.png

Super_Swamper_TSL_SX2_Group_1200x1200.png

SXR-207_tread_group_2000x2000.png

B-158_Bogger_Group_1200x1200.png

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm really torn on tires right now and have almost a year to struggle with it.
Like many, I've had a couple of BF Goodrich ATs and moved on.
Have really like the Bridgestone REVO and REVO II, but have not tried the REVO III yet.
My plans for the Bronco are Coopers. Either 295/70/17 or 285/75/17. A true 33in tire.
The hard part will be S/T MAXX or AT3 XLT.

It will be a long year.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm really torn on tires right now and have almost a year to struggle with it.
Like many, I've had a couple of BF Goodrich ATs and moved on.
Have really like the Bridgestone REVO and REVO II, but have not tried the REVO III yet.
My plans for the Bronco are Coopers. Either 295/70/17 or 285/75/17. A true 33in tire.
The hard part will be S/T MAXX or AT3 XLT.

It will be a long year.
If possible go to Discount Tire. They let you test the tire for a month. If you don’t like them, they credit you back 100%.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Like a number of other users here I will be going with Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's, an easy decision after reading about them. I will either trade-in my stock Badlands BFGoodrich T/A KO2's to Discount Tire or sell them as take-offs. After reading dozens of tire reviews and user threads on Wrangler, F-150 and Tacoma forums, here are the benefits as I understand them:

Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's
Aggressive A/T for off-road
Aggressive looks
Great Daily Driver tire
Quiet on paved roads
Comfortable on paved roads
Good in Wet, Dry, Snow & Icy conditions
Do not hold mud and stones like KO2's
15% - 20% lower cost then KO2's

There is amazing love and respect for them on the Wrangler, F-150 and Tacoma forums, the Tacoma forums alone have one thread that is 250 pages long just for Wildpeaks. The Falken Wildpeak A/T3W is available in the lighter weight SL/P rated load range, the benefit is a more compliant and comfortable daily driver ride. But just because it has a lower load rating the side walls are still rugged and should stand up to many things short of dedicated serious rock crawling.

Further, when you compare the weight, the standard Badlands BFGoodrich T/A KO2, 33" - 285/70R17, the same ones that come on the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, which are load range C, weight 50.33lbs each while the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's weight 50.5lbs. So you can see even though you are comparing a more compliant load range SL/P (Wildpeak) to a load range C (KO2), they still have the same amount of rubber, which reinforces why the sidewalls stand up to respectable abuse.

For 80% of us future Bronco owners, 95% of our use will be for our daily driver, besides all the other benefits of the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's, they are rated #1 on the 1010tires.com owner survey, which is Canada's answer to tirerack.com, see photo below.
https://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Reviews/285-70R17

Also, how many legitimate five star reviews do you see on Amazon?
https://www.amazon.com/Falken-Wildpeak-AT3W-Terrain-Radial/dp/B01C53CMCS

Reviews and other forum threads:
Long Term Review – Falken Wildpeak A/T3W
Falken Wildpeak AT3W vs BFG KO2: Finding the Best Off-Road Tire
Falken Wildpeak AT3W Tire Reviews
Tacoma Forums 250 page Falken Wildpeak A/T3W thread
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W vs KO2
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W vs Duratrac
Jeep Wrangler 285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

Ford Bronco What Tires Are You Going With? 1010 Tires Reviews

Ford Bronco What Tires Are You Going With? eak-at3w-b-35-12.50-15-n892236-3__35810.1591797713

Ford Bronco What Tires Are You Going With? Wildpeak-AT3W-3-Quarter-copy

Last edited:

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personal note here not a Granger Ford endorsement:LOL:

Had them on the JT Gladiator in the heavy snow it was like dry pavement...

I will go that way when the first ones wear out or I if I can sell the take offs for enough.

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT3, 19’ Cayenne, 20’ Model S, 87’ Supra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we know for sure Badlands AT tires are BFG KO2s? Some pics do show BFGs, and they look awesome.

If that’s the case, I will likely stick with the KO2s. In terms of other AT tires, I have had Nitto Terra Grapplers, Falken Wildtrack AT3s, and Cooper AT3 tires on my late 13’ 4Runner Trail Edition. Nitto sucked, at least on dry pavement. It would constantly trigger 4runner’s stability control on simple turns on dry pavement. Wildtracks were great, but felt heavy, felt the car lost major HP. Cooper AT3s have been amazing in my experience on the 4runner, as well as on my Ram 1500. Have gone through 3 sets. Great on and off road, and wet stuff. Had 70k miles on them when I sold my truck. Tires still had decent tread on them. Here is a pics of Falken Wildtrak AT3s on my 4runner and Coppers on my Ram. Newer version of Cooper AT3 XLTs look more aggressive, last pic.

Ford Bronco What Tires Are You Going With? 3D360147-B3AC-414B-BEBE-250216FFAA0B

Ford Bronco What Tires Are You Going With? 9AE68D2A-36B5-4E0B-BB0C-DF26F763D57D

Ford Bronco What Tires Are You Going With? 1595832559669

PS:
I do drive my rigs, and came to like lighter tires way more than heavier ones. Makes significant performance difference outside of pure rock crawling. Here is a simple weight comparison of LT285/70R17 tires

BFG KO2-121/118 E-load 58 lbs. 116/113Q C-load 51 lbs
Cooper A/T3 XLT 121/118 E-load 51 lbs
Fallen Wildrak A/T3W 116/113Q C-load 63 lbs.

And BTW, long time reading, first time posting. Great forum!

Last edited:

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The only knock on the wildpeaks I have heard is the weight, and that is a consideration for some and not US made.

And for me, I prefer American tire manufacturers, who make their tires here, I went with Mickey baja ATZ P3 for my current set. They are 8 lbs lighter than the Falkens in a 315/70/17, good siping so very good in rain, doesn't throw rocks like a KO2.

BajaATZP3.jpg
Sponsored