First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm going to be attending the Saturday September 3rd off-roadeo. I was hoping to get some recommendations on things you all did on the days around the event. I'm flying solo the whole time I'm up there, so I wanted to make sure I kept myself busy! I'll be flying into Boston Friday evening and renting a car. The plan is to stay in an Air BNB right near the mountain. Not flying out until Sunday night, so I'll have basically all of Sunday free to explore and Saturday night after the off-roadeo (although I feel like there probably isn't a ton to do around there at night haha). What did you guys enjoy doing / what are the good spots to eat?

Sorry if this has been asked in here, but when I did my search I was only finding reviews of the experience itself! Thanks guys!
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we stayed at steele hill resort that had a decent restaurant, a stocked trout pond, and an indoor water park (with video game consoles, air hockey, pool tables, etc). I was wondering if they had cancelled the NH off rodeo since all of gunstock mountains management quit and they closed the resort. might want to call and check your emails. if i had gone solo, i would have brought my rods and rented a kayak. so much water up that way

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The last report I read said they were open but they no longer took the ride up the mountain for lunch it was at base camp. We are heading there the 19th of august. And have not been contacted with a cancellation.

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Go to Newicks and get the clam platter! Drive down to Gloucester, on your way back to Boston. You can even go whale watching from there.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also fun lake activities right next door at Lake Winnipesaukee . Boating, sailing, kayaking, paddle boarding, etc.
You could consider the Waterfront in Portland Maine also is a blast. A 2 hour trek, but well worth it. Great place to visit in the summer! Good food (Port Hole a "locals" favorite on the pier), breweries. Beautiful coast line, a great spot for Lobster rolls at the Lobster Shack outside of Portland at Two Lights, Kennebunkport, etc.
Lots of options...

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All we were there two weeks ago for vacation. The resort was open. We went zip lining and the off rodeo was going on with the trip up the mountain for lunch. We actually camped at the resort this year and had a great time. Make sure you hit up the tilton diner at some point and the NH bank pavilion is right there and they have great concerts. We saw DMB in July.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Keep the good stuff coming! Especially the restaurants lol. My wife and I are going to be in NH Friday-Monday with Sat the 19th being out OffRodeo day. Heading to the coast so the Portland restaurant idea are nice. We will probably drive down the coast a bit. Any out of the way places not in a big city would be welcome as well!

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FYI: Leon Bridges - The Boundless Tour with Little Dragon
Sun, August 14, 2022 - Thompsons Point (West end of Portland , ME., on the water)
Doors: 5:30pm - Show: 7:00pm
Leon is an amazing musician, great venue!

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just maple, onions pub and restaurant, and the lobster connection.
all good places!

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Keep the good stuff coming! Especially the restaurants lol. My wife and I are going to be in NH Friday-Monday with Sat the 19th being out OffRodeo day. Heading to the coast so the Portland restaurant idea are nice. We will probably drive down the coast a bit. Any out of the way places not in a big city would be welcome as well!
In Portland you are going to want to eat a Duckfat (lunch) eventide (dinner drinks)

Sponsored

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The management team is back on the job at Gunstock and all seems to be back to normal... at least according to a news article posted by another member. I believe two members of the comission board "resigned", and this paved the way for the management team to return.

CTownPride

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Flex; 2006 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was there on 8/15 and it seemed to be operating as normal. We rode the ski lift to the top for lunch. Plenty of others were riding the ski lift as well.

ThesePretzels

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was there today for the off-rodeo... Everything appeared to be open and running at Gunstock > zip line, chair lift, main restaurant, and lunch at the peak... although no campfire afterwards. Great event and our trail guide Jordan was awesome.

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We drove and hiked Mt. Chocorura. Nice hike. We would have hit Mt. Washington, but didn’t want to get up that early.

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
as someone who grew up very close to gunstock...you can climb mt washington, take a great drive along the "kancamangus"....go to the Flume...head to portsmouth to see the graves from the 1600's in quaint NH towns, rye beach....tons to do.
Sponsored