Sponsored

What to Do with $40,000 Budget?

Which Daily Driver Option with my $40,000 Budget?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've narrowed it down to 4 paths forward for my two-door and am trying to decide! It'll be my daily driver, used for camping trips but no crazy rock-crawling. I'm expecting to add automatic 2.3, floor covers, sound-deadening, keypad, and roof rack to all models.

1. Base model - Add a $4000 green paint job and paint grille lettering, get aftermarket leather seats, and swap in new wheels and tires aftermarket. Would have a one of a kind Bronco just how I'd want it to look!

2. Big Bend - Add mid package, swap out aftermarket grille and wheels to Area 51. It would be nice to have intelligent access and backup sensors, but I don't need any of the other mid package features.

3. Black Diamond - Exactly as-is. I actually really like the MGV and wash-out look, and the grille and steelies on Area 51! But I don't need all the extra off-roading features, so wondering if that's overkill for my DD? But might be perfect otherwise?

4. Outer Banks - Slightly more than $40,000, but I'd get it exactly as-is too. Would be nice to have the mid package features actually like the roast cloth interior a lot, but I'm not crazy about the body-colored fenders etc. and the grille.

Any input/advice is appreciated! Is there something about the mid package that makes it a 'must', or could I even save more $ by foregoing it on the big bend (but then is BB really worth it over base)? Will I be glad I have the extra black diamond off-roading features down the line? Or is the 'cool' factor of a retro green color and the right look I want worth it? Thanks guys!
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the exact same budget. For my needs here in the northern Appalachians, I will be doing a Base squatch 2.7 Auto snow machine with switches to add fog/driving lights. Anything else is on the table as long as I meet my budget. If they allow a locking rear on the base, squatch is on the table as well. We all get to build according to our needs...

Stevegp

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 mustang gt. F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like you already know what you want with the customized base model.
Rear locker with the BD could come in handy in Arizona and will definitely add to resale value

Zindius

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Buick LeSabre
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What made you choose a paint job over a wrap? Genuinely curious because I plan to wrap a Bronco if I get one.

Sponsored

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What made you choose a paint job over a wrap? Genuinely curious because I plan to wrap a Bronco if I get one.
If you plan on wrapping, what color will you choose from the factory? I guess it won't really matter if you also wrap inside of the door sills and anyplace else exposed when the top and doors are off.

Zindius

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Buick LeSabre
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you plan on wrapping, what color will you choose from the factory? I guess it won't really matter if you also wrap inside of the door sills and anyplace else exposed when the top and doors are off.
Definitely not a premium color. I wanted an orange (or bronze), but Cyber Orange is too yellow for my taste. Would probably get the silver.

OP
OP
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a bit worried how the wrap will hold up here in Phoenix... direct sun all day (my work doesn't have a garage, so it'll bake outside) plus common summer temps over 115 degrees. I'd be concerned about it damaging paint when it came time to remove due to those conditions, or it not lasting as long in the heat too!

If I do wrap over painting, I'd go white from factory and do a pastel retro blue that'll look okay with white door jams and everything, or go black from factory if I get army green.

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 door Manbasesquatch, sound deadoning headliner, roof rack, aux switches, floor mats, skid rails, modular bumper, bash plate, block heater, keyless entry keypad, tube doors and Bimini top can all be had for under $40k.

You said your daily drive is through Moab right??

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For what you want and how you'll use it I think the BD is a great pick.

BroncoZ

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing beats Sasquatch. If you have to go Base to get it, do it!

Base 2 dr 2.3 Manual Sasquatch
-$35700.
(Black Diamond/Badlands Clone)

Base 2 dr 2.3 Auto Sasquatch
-$37500

Base 2 dr 2.7 Auto Sasquatch -$39300. (Wildtrack Clone)

Base 4 dr 2.7 Auto Non Sas
- $39500

At these prices you have enough to add a Vinyl Wrap $1500, leathers seats $900, and washout vinyl floors $800.
Sponsored

Last edited: