What to do with the ugly gray hard top???

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st gen 2.7 eco f-150
Clubs

It is for the big bend. I find it hard to believe Ford won’t allow the black diamond a black top but they do weird stuff.
Ford's site currently only lists the body color modular as available in the dual top group for the 4 door big bend.

Advertisement

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
I would paint it white. That color gray just doesn't look good on any color body.
Look,I just want to get my hands on mine. I have full confidence that I will know what to do.

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac, 13 Edge, 09 Focus, 07 Explorer
Clubs

At this point I'm thinking about having it professionally sprayed with white bedliner.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Accord, (prior) 88 Bronco Custom 4.9
I'll probably just use the mic grey until they come out with mic white and then buy that. From what I've seen, painting mic tops doesn't usually turn out well at all, especially after a couple years. It's usually a last resort for a beat top.
Always best to get mic top from factory in color they offer.

Petey

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I'll probably just use the mic grey until they come out with mic white and then buy that. From what I've seen, painting mic tops doesn't usually turn out well at all, especially after a couple years. It's usually a last resort for a beat top.
Always best to get mic top from factory in color they offer.
Agreed, I'll get a black soft top for the 2-door as soon as aftermarket releases it too, which will probably be the top I use for 7-8 months of the year anyway.

BearWithMe

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
It's a Bronco, why you worried about the hardtop? Bikini top and call it done.

Seriously though, you listed pretty much all the options, paint it with something or wrap unless heavily textured. The modular top is smooth, painted black and hopefully/maybe with other color options to include white, your call.
Not everyone is buying the Bronco for its open air experience. I really wish I didn’t have to deal with the removable-top concerns at all — a fixed roof would suit me just fine. The trails here are super dusty and half the time I don’t even roll my windows down when I’m driving two hours on the Alpine Loop to reach my mining claim.

And yes, the gray plastic top is hideous. Would love to see a painted option (black or body color) on the Base. I dig the old Land Rover vibes from the boxy Bronco and I want something more nimble than a midsize pickup.

Lowcountry Bronco

Badlands
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger and 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Clubs

Not everyone is buying the Bronco for its open air experience. I really wish I didn’t have to deal with the removable-top concerns at all — a fixed roof would suit me just fine. The trails here are super dusty and half the time I don’t even roll my windows down when I’m driving two hours on the Alpine Loop to reach my mining claim.

And yes, the gray plastic top is hideous. Would love to see a painted option (black or body color) on the Base.
Yes, was kidding about the bikini only but there are those that will and if you never remove the top well then it is a fixed top. Here's to equal color choices for all!

Advertisement

Advertisement