First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ok, ok. I am one of those two reservations guys that you will all bitch at. Fine, I can take it. My FE reservation is 7/14, my second reservation is 8/2 (not FE). Usually not a first year guy but was so fricking pumped about getting lucky with an FE, then the reality kicked in with all the changes. Bottom line, my FE would be an late availability for numerous reasons, but no roof rack AND no towing package is a real problem for me and my wife (kayaks and bikes) and maybe a small camper. I know I could go aftermarket but people are scaring me with all the negative vibes with those. So my dilemma is, do I get the FE and all the "prestige" or push it off until MY22 to get those items.
Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What prestige? It's a truck. :LOL:

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get a ā€˜22. Donā€™t be pushed into something you donā€™t want. You can get a badlands in ā€˜22 with all the same items. A first edition late in the year kind of defeats the purpose. Unless you are getting the only color you canā€™t get on the other models which still wouldnā€™t do it for me. 65k for a truck that Iā€™m not 100% comfortable isnā€™t a wise decision.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Buy the FE, place it in a barn somewhere without a cover. Come back in 50 years and reap your rewards!

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would get the FE. Easy to add a roof rack or a hitch to carry bikes.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Order the FE just like you want it and wait. You'll be able to add OEM roof rack & tow package later no problem.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think there will be tons of add-ons and not to mention things youā€™ll be able to get right from dealerā€¦ I wouldnt worry one bit about being able to get all the things you want with getting a 21.

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What prestige? It's a truck. :LOL:
Yeah, it's just a truck, but just having a FE. Not sure how much better it's perceived in the "truck" universe.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you are not in a rush, then just order your FE with it's original BLACK top, or possibly even add the dual top option. This MAY push it back to 2022.

Once 2022 orders start, you will be able to go in (actually you MUST) and adjust to 2022 specs...at which point Ford should hopefully address those issues.

IF by chance, Ford comes back to you and say guess what... your FE with Black Top will be built in 21 .... THAT is when you face this choice and can cancel at that point.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aftermarket will be just fine. $0.02
If you are interested in FE, order it. The absolute easiest items to add after the fact is a hitch and roof rack, even the Ford parts. It will literally by and hour or two to install the hitch (assuming we get and aftermarket plug in wiring kit, which we will) and the rack will be a few torx bolts. All the handwringing over GVWR is much to do about not much. If you are really maxing all the capacity, there are ways the aftermarket will address additional towing/load capacity. I have probably overloaded my vehicles a few times. I drive carefully, give extra space for braking and or have upgraded various parts (example, I upgraded my shocks and hitch on my 91 Bronco, towed a boat and in the mountains, I thought it needed upgrades to be ā€œsafeā€).

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you are not in a rush, then just order your FE with it's original BLACK top, or possibly even add the dual top option. This MAY push it back to 2022.

Once 2022 orders start, you will be able to go in (actually you MUST) and adjust to 2022 specs...at which point Ford should hopefully address those issues.

IF by chance, Ford comes back to you and say guess what... your FE with Black Top will be built in 21 .... THAT is when you face this choice and can cancel at that point.
Theyā€™ve already confirmed that all FEs will be MY21