Sponsored

What to expect running -38 offset wheels?

medguy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am interested in running some 17x9-38 wheels with 37x12.5 tires. From the what little I can gain from this forum everyone that runs this offset ends up getting fiberglass fenders. I already plan on cutting the crash bars off, is there anyway I can keep the stock sasquatch fenders and run this offset? Any issues with this offset interfering with the back up camera or the bump stops on the tailgate?

Is there anything else I am missing when it come to running this offset on a bronco? This is the offset that I ran on my 5th gen 4runner, and it looks to provide the perfect poke with SAS flares.

Any pics showing the poke or in general would be appreciated. Thanks y'all.

Example Image borrowed from @Mdsuits

Ford Bronco What to expect running -38 offset wheels? 760C8149-12BD-41C4-B375-334E7ED3D673
Sponsored

Last edited:

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am interested in running some 17x9-38 wheels with 37x12.5 tires. From the what little I can gain from this forum everyone that runs this offset ends up getting fiberglass fenders. I already plan on cutting the crash bars off, is there anyway I can keep the stock sasquatch fenders and run this offset? Any issues with this offset interfering with the back up camera or the bump stops on the tailgate?

Is there anything else I am missing when it come to running this offset on a bronco? This is the offset that I ran on my 5th gen 4runner, and it looks to provide the perfect poke with SAS flares.

Any pics showing the poke or in general would be appreciated. Thanks y'all.
Probably a broken axle weld and a void warranty :(

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
at the minimum you will need a lift to run 37s ... BUT with -38 offset you will def need more clearance ... so more lift.

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm running -25 on 35" tires 2.5" lift and rub when running mud flaps. I have to trim my front mud flaps when I do a full lock turn.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why -38? That is a huge negative offset which will add unwanted additional stress, especially coupled with 37's. If you just like the looks of that much poke, maybe consider a 00 offset and standard flares instead of Squatch. Here is the best pic I could find of my BL that shows the poke with 00 and non-Squatch flares:

Ford Bronco What to expect running -38 offset wheels? 1685040715042

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@BlueBronco what tire, size and lift do you have? I’m getting some 35” MT Baja boss m/t, 6112 shocks and zone uca’s. I have 0 offset also with 4.74” backspace. Zone instructions say I need 5.5” backspace to uca at full lock. I guess I can get 1” spacers🤮 oh my ride is a non sas blk diamond

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@BlueBronco what tire, size and lift do you have?
I can't remember how much lift it actually has and whether it is over Base, BL or Squatch. If I remember, when I get home this evening I can measure against my wifes stock OBX-Squatch to compare ride heights. As far as other components:

Wheels: Warn Jack Hammers 17" x 8.5" 00 offset
Tires: Cooper Discoverer STT Pro 37" x 12.5" r17
Lift: Fabtech / Dirt Logic
Bumpers: Road Armor
Sliders: Rockslide Engineering
Tube Doors: JCR Offroad
Hood: ADV Fiberglass
Sponsored