Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Xodric what's your goal here? I'm struggling to understand what it is that you're trying to achieve.
Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Xodric what's your goal here? I'm struggling to understand what it is that you're trying to achieve.
Just talking about my towing needs out of a vehicle designed from the ground up to be an off-roader to be a direct competition to Jeep.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just talking about my towing needs out of a vehicle designed from the ground up to be an off-roader to be a direct competition to Jeep.
That's good to hear, as that's exactly what this thread is for. I asked because unless I'm mistaken your first post in this thread was:
Simple. I don't NEED a 5000 lb trailer to go camping... The Bronco is for off-roading. I don't get why you have such a problem with this.
Everyone has different needs, and (presumably) everyone is on this forum because they're hoping that the Bronco will meet them. There's no need to join an open conversation and start throwing punches before you've even finished introducing your opinion.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[QUOTE="Lakelife36, post: 143162, member: 8541" There's no need to join an open conversation and start throwing punches before you've even finished introducing your opinion.
[/QUOTE]

Oh I didn't start it.

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't start what?
Again... YOU said I came in throwing punches. I said I didn't start it. How can I throw punches when I don't even know what started it? I still don't even know what punches you're talking about.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Punches (quote paraphrased):

I don't NEED a 5000 lb trailer to go camping ... I don't get why you have such a problem with this.

My question:
What is this "it" you keep referring to that you didn't start?
"It" would be what ever you think my "punches" were... I guess? I'm still trying to understand how that is a punch though.... a disagreement sure... but a punch?

download (1).png

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am more interested in the tongue weight rating. It would be nice to have a 500lb rating on the Bronco. I just bought a hitch mounted motorcycle carrier. My hitch is rated at 500+lbs tongue weight but my Subaru Crosstrek is rated at 200lbs.
The weight of my motorcycle+carrier is around 300 lbs. I did a test with it and it seemed OK. I think that the low tongue weight rating may be more important for actual trailer towing compared to a hitch mounted carrier. If I get a Bronco I will used it to carry my motorcycle around a lot.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You don’t need a bronco. You don’t need to go off-road at all, and don’t need a bronco to do it. Nobody needs a bronco. But we all want one or most likely wouldn’t be on a forum dedicated to one. Saying what you don’t need isn’t productive to the conversation at all. No nobody needs to tow with a bronco, but nobody needs to buy a bronco at all, nobody needs a street legal vehicle to go off road in. But people have other hobbies and desires, and the whole point of this thread and others regarding towing is that it really wouldn’t be hard for ford to make this happen without doing anything to change your oh so precious off-road experience, so coming in here with sarcastic comments about ridiculous notions that nobody has expressed any desire for is just being belligerent. Nobody’s really asking for anything unreasonable except your sarcastic comments. You don’t want to tow more than what it’s currently rated to tow that’s fine, nobody cares. But there are people that won’t be getting a bronco without a bit of a bump in tow cap and that’s who this thread is for.

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would have liked 6500 or more and could have considered trading in my Tacoma. My old beat up '95 Discovery was rated at 7700 which was nice.

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don’t need a bronco. You don’t need to go off-road at all, and don’t need a bronco to do it. Nobody needs a bronco. But we all want one or most likely wouldn’t be on a forum dedicated to one. Saying what you don’t need isn’t productive to the conversation at all. No nobody needs to tow with a bronco, but nobody needs to buy a bronco at all, nobody needs a street legal vehicle to go off road in. But people have other hobbies and desires, and the whole point of this thread and others regarding towing is that it really wouldn’t be hard for ford to make this happen without doing anything to change your oh so precious off-road experience, so coming in here with sarcastic comments about ridiculous notions that nobody has expressed any desire for is just being belligerent. Nobody’s really asking for anything unreasonable except your sarcastic comments. You don’t want to tow more than what it’s currently rated to tow that’s fine, nobody cares. But there are people that won’t be getting a bronco without a bit of a bump in tow cap and that’s who this thread is for.
And I need an off-road capable vehicle that can tow what my needs are without sacrificing off-road capabilities. So as previously commented by Pope, respectfully, don't tell me what my needs are. Thank you.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And I need an off-road capable vehicle that can tow what my needs are without sacrificing off-road capabilities. So as previously commented by Pope, respectfully, don't tell me what my needs are. Thank you.
Would you have an objection to Ford developing an optional max tow package that increased the tow cap of vehicles equipped with it at the expense of some off-road capability (presumably mostly to do with the suspension) for those who wanted it? Optional meaning those of us who don't want it don't need to sacrifice anything?

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would you have an objection to Ford developing an optional max tow package that increased the tow cap of vehicles equipped with it at the expense of some off-road capability (presumably mostly to do with the suspension) for those who wanted it? Optional meaning those of us who don't want it don't need to sacrifice anything?
I think ford is intentionally not doing this and under-rating to avoid it competing too much with the ranger. My guess is that a 4-door V6 Bronco with a proper hitch, airbags, and trailer brakes will comfortably tow 6,000+. I have friends that tow a lot more with a lot sketchier stuff. Only time will fell with that though, maybe the lack of rear sway bar makes the Bronco SUPER sketchy for towing and you wouldn’t want to tow more.
Sponsored