First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you don't have to apologize to the ref once per game you haven't played hard enough.

Sorry @Nickp
RED CARD IS NEXT BUDDY ;)
nah it’s all good, conversation just devolved. We just want to make sure it’s a productive conversation!
Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you have an objection to Ford developing an optional max tow package that increased the tow cap of vehicles equipped with it at the expense of some off-road capability (presumably mostly to do with the suspension) for those who wanted it? Optional meaning those of us who don't want it don't need to sacrifice anything?
Do we know Ford doesn't already have that planned? We don't have B&P out yet so who knows what will / won't be offered. Ford puts a tow package on dang near everything, why would the Bronco be an exception? Ford may not want to put a tow package that down-grades ( idk if that's the right word... ) the off-road capabilities within the first year of the Bronco... but maybe 2nd or 3rd year they might. But again, who knows what they'll put out. We'll know more when B&P comes out.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And I need an off-road capable vehicle that can tow what my needs are without sacrificing off-road capabilities. So as previously commented by Pope, respectfully, don't tell me what my needs are. Thank you.
And you’re needs according to your own posts are not needing bronco to tow 5k camper because you have truck to tow but needing bronco to tow 12k gooseneck on some made up race and then go up a mountain or two and add a non existent accessory that will allow you to drive on the ocean floor. So forgive me if I disregard anything else you say.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do we know Ford doesn't already have that planned? We don't have B&P out yet so who knows what will / won't be offered. Ford puts a tow package on dang near everything, why would the Bronco be an exception? Ford may not want to put a tow package that down-grades ( idk if that's the right word... ) the off-road capabilities within the first year of the Bronco... but maybe 2nd or 3rd year they might. But again, who knows what they'll put out. We'll know more when B&P comes out.
Yes there is already a tow package - that's what gives it 3,500lbs. That's why I'm thinking they should offer two: one that doesn't affect capabilities, even if it only offers a soccer-mom crossover rating, and another that takes advantage of the platform and powertrain, even if it's at the expense of some suspension capability. Those are two very different things and between them should satisfy the vast majority of buyers.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes there is already a tow package - that's what gives it 3,500lbs. That's why I'm thinking they should offer two: one that doesn't affect capabilities, even if it only offers a soccer-mom crossover rating, and another that takes advantage of the platform and powertrain, even if it's at the expense of some suspension capability. Those are two very different things and between them should satisfy the vast majority of buyers.
I am with you along with the tow package I purchased with my F150FX4 --- a 36 gallon fuel tank.

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea, and I really think that Ford will do something like that eventually, I just don't believe it will be 1st year. I think they are trying to get all the positive PR they can with the 1st year, and after that they'll focus more on making as many of us as possible happy. Even me with my 12,000 goose neck.

futzin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Leaving the tow rating low gives Ford another "reason" to offer a Bronco truck.

They will still sell a huge number of Broncos, but not one to me. 3500 is a deal breaker (for me!).
But I'll keep watching, just in case. The Gladiator is back to the top contender for me.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They will still sell a huge number of Broncos, but not one to me. 3500 is a deal breaker (for me!).
But I'll keep watching, just in case. The Gladiator is back to the top contender for me.
Yup it probably is a reason, and might even work. Don't forget to vote in the poll. Maybe it will make a difference!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do they know that Jeep offers 2 tow packages? Granted its on the gladiator (tow package & max tow package). Pretty sure Ford also offers 2 on their f150s (regular & max tow).

bumping up to 5k tow rating lets say, we’re talking an estimated 150lbs increase in tongue weight. Thats like 1 human or just over a full tank of gas. 150lbs increase in tongue weight is not going to force them to alter the suspension.

Sponsored

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Voted for 4K minimum on the 4 door. My sedan is rated to tow 3,400 lbs. I was hoping for a bit more from the Bronco.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@2Jeeps&PatriotX1 (from that other thread) and everyone else on here thinking about what tow rating you need - I found this small print on Ford's 2020 RV and Trailer Towing Guide. Keep this in mind when considering what you're going to be loading in your tow vehicle and if that affects the tow capacity you are thinking about.
Ford Bronco What Tow Rating do Want/Need? Screenshot_20200823-205446

Last edited:

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I just bought a gladiator rubicon for the same reason. I can see them making a bronco truck with a comparable tow rating. The ranger already has a great tow rating. It’s just boring. Bronco truck would be sick.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do they know that Jeep offers 2 tow packages? Granted its on the gladiator (tow package & max tow package). Pretty sure Ford also offers 2 on their f150s (regular & max tow).

bumping up to 5k tow rating lets say, we’re talking an estimated 150lbs increase in tongue weight. Thats like 1 human or just over a full tank of gas. 150lbs increase in tongue weight is not going to force them to alter the suspension.
Here's a fun breakdown of what Jeep did to rig the Gladiator for a higher tow rating.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here's a fun breakdown of what Jeep did to rig the Gladiator for a higher tow rating.
Yea I’ve seen that, and it’s fun to see just what went into it all. The gladiator had to go from a frame and body never really designed to tow like a truck to a truck that keeps the look(and shares as many parts as possible) but beefed up enough to tow as much as possible and exceed what that engine tows in any other vehicle it’s in. The iconic Jeep grill blocks a lot of air, and wrangler front end doesn’t have much extra space to increase airflow.

Bronco is kinda the opposite in a way, it’s already built with frame and 2 engines from vehicles that tow about as much as or more than the gladiator, and shouldn’t have as much cooling issues as Jeep had to overcome with the gladiator, and no style basis that it had to conform to that restricted anything performance wise, and body panels not shared with another vehicle, it’s all new so open book. So most of the struggles the gladiator faced to up the rating from the wrangler the bronco shouldn’t even have to begin with.
Sponsored