Sponsored

What trim/bumper to order for future winch options?

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a 2.7 Badlands on order and have future intentions of adding an aftermarket winch (and bumper, if necessary). The only reason I currently have the Lux trim package selected is for the adaptive cruise (I've really enjoyed having this on other vehicles). Should I assume that an aftermarket winch will prevent adaptive cruise from working and move to the High trim package instead? Should I keep the HD Mod bumper in order to install a compatible winch, or save the money by choosing the capable bumper?

My ideal scenario would be something that works with 2.7 engine, ACC, bumper sensor and front facing camera. Is it unrealistic to think that something will come out that works with all of these options?
Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
edernest

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you getting the capable or modular bumper?
I updated my order to 22MY and chose the capable bumper, but I'm still wondering whether there will be winch options that work with capable and/or the HD Mod, or if I should just plan on replacing the bumper down the road.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen several ACC relocation options already. I don't think it'll be an issue for most aftermarket bumpers in the future. The camera seems to be the trickier thing to relocate.

I'm in the same boat. Want a winch but waiting on a solution that allows the camera and ACC.

Im keeping my eye on the RC hidden winch skid plate.. as soon as they release a version for the HD bumper, I'm all over it.

OP
OP
edernest

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im keeping my eye on the RC hidden winch skid plate.. as soon as they release a version for the HD bumper, I'm all over it.
RC hidden winch looks the closest to what I would want based on the options I've seen so far and I think it works with the capable bumper. A bummer that it "will NOT work on 2.7L models" as stated on their website (I think the intercooler gets in the way).

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
RC hidden winch looks the closest to what I would want based on the options I've seen so far and I think it works with the capable bumper. A bummer that it "will NOT work on 2.7L models" as stated on their website (I think the intercooler gets in the way).
Oh, that's new. When I first saw it, the only warning was it didn't work with the HD bumper. Eesh. The intercooler is right there, yeah.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well the RC hidden wench doesn't work with the 2.7 until someone figures out where (IF) to move the heat exchanger.

But I'm the same. The arguments of having the winch too low, not even concerned. If it all fit with the heat exchanger being relocated I'm all over it.

I do wish I could be done without cutting parts of the frame off but I guess that's just a testament to the terrible winch afterthought for Ford.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's not the intercooler, it's the heat exchanger for the transmission/radiator (it's liquid to liquid). Cutting those little frame nubs off isn't a big deal, they are for the manufacturing process, they aren't even fully welded on, but look just a bit more than spot welded.
Sponsored