First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's almost time to place our final orders on our Broncos. I keep going back and forth between the mid and lux package. Personally I don't need all the adaptive cruise control features and everything like that, but having a nice stereo is important to me. Having a heated steering wheel is also important to me living in Wyoming. Which package have you guys decided on and why?
Lux because I usually like lots of features, especially on a vehicle I plan to keep for a long time.

Specifically, though, the B&O stereo, because once we first heard it on the Mustang, that was no longer an option :) , the heated steering wheel because winter, the USB ports up on the dash because it's cleaner than running cords down the front of the touchscreen. The wireless charging ad universal remotes are nice, but wouldn't have been deal-breakers. The adaptive cruise is something I hope to like, but am not sure how much.
Sponsored

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door Base with v6 and Sasquatch

or

2 door Badlands 4cyl manual with high package

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base Sammysquanch and probably the 2.7.

I'd go lower if I could, this thing is gonna feel like a alien spaceship compared to my Jeep with just the Base standard features.

Biff

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
4 DR BL in AMB, 2.7, upgraded wheels, 33” AT tires, MIC top, tow, still trying to decide between High and Lux. Hoping to get by my Ford dealer this weekend to hear the difference between the 6 speaker stereo and 10 speaker B&O if they have something on the lot I can compare the 2 with. Heated steering wheel sure would be nice for those cold WV winters! Would sure be nice if Ford would let me add the factory roof rack and sound deadening headliner. Their combined weight is surely less than 50 lbs, but aftermarket it is for those 2! We plan on keeping our Bronco forever and will be trading in a 2016 CR-V and selling the Transit cargo van for one heckuva down payment! I keep vehicles forever and would probably STILL be driving my beloved 2003 Honda Element if my wife hadn’t hit a deer with it. Thank God she was ok, but poor Ellie was not.

Sponsored

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands, 4-dr, Squatch, 2.7L, MGV, Lux, Tow

If I end up not digging the Goodyear Territory tires, I'll switch to BFG A/Ts when the Territory wears out; I'm hoping that the Territory lives up to the long video GY put out about it, and that it ends up earning the Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake rating they are hoping to achieve. If I later want/need a little extra redundancy in the Class II tow setup, I'll switch to Class III mounted directly to the frame (if that's possible).
80% thinking I'll be the same as yours.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door BD, 2.7/auto, mid, mic top and Sasquatch probably going Area 51.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lux because I usually like lots of features, especially on a vehicle I plan to keep for a long time.

Specifically, though, the B&O stereo, because once we first heard it on the Mustang, that was no longer an option :) , the heated steering wheel because winter, the USB ports up on the dash because it's cleaner than running cords down the front of the touchscreen. The wireless charging ad universal remotes are nice, but wouldn't have been deal-breakers. The adaptive cruise is something I hope to like, but am not sure how much.
Are you saying b+o on mustang was shit and not worth it?

I toggle between black diamond and obx with lux several times a day

thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope Ford offers the dash USB ports outside of the Lux package. My fingers are crossed.

RobPS

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, MB E350 Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBX with Lux

Sponsored

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 door
Base
2.3L manual
Sasquatch
Aux switches

Everything I want and nothing I don't need

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can always change the fenders later.
Yup, and I'd get Sasquatch anyway, so that particular item would be a moot point anyway, but I do like the extra features on Wildtrak.

Dvanderm

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Aspen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure what trim yet, but am pretty put off by how Ford grouped options and made some available for only some trims. This would be my wife's car, so I know she would want the vinyl seats and the 12" screen. So I went to price all the trims in 4D and to keep it simple, only chose the 2.7L and hardtop as options. Base doesn't give either seat or 12" option and is priced at $37,285. BB doesn't offer either option. BD offers vinyl seats but not the High Package, the only way to get the 12". OB doesn't offer the vinyl seats. So that takes me to Badlands....first trim to combine vinyl seats and 12" screen....at a price of $51,465.......$14k more than the Base just to get 2 options. I wasn't sure so I spoke to a sales manager and he confirmed. Ford had to have known that these would be popular options, and I think it's BS they structured it that way. Would there be any aftermarket options for a 12" screen to put it in trim below Badlands? I know there are tons of aftermarket leather/vinyl seat options.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
4-door, Badlands, 2.7, Lux, Non-squatch (but upgraded wheels)

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m gonna stick with my Big Bend and Sasquatch it. I sat in the sport a few minutes ago. One, it’s surprisingly bigger than I thought so I know I’m gonna be happy with the big brother. And just to get those 35’s with room to get a lift later down the road if a lift is offered.
Sponsored