First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once I made up my mind I put it in my signature . Badlands Luxed out . I keep my vehicles for 10 years now and I want it all :) I don't want to miss the luxury of my 07 King Ranch when I get the Bronco . It will have some new tech of course that the old King Ranch didn't have and some things won't be as nice . Hopefully Luxed out it will not be a noticeable downgrade .
Sponsored

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Badlands. Probably carbonized gray. 4 door. Non-Squatch. 2.7L and automatic. BL gets 4A automatically. Normal tires. High gets me the 12 inch screen and some other goodies, , wanting Lux but balking at the price for the upgrade. Really need to talk to aftermarket radio guys. Can I really improve the sound that much by going aftermarket ?

also need to know where the speakers go? Are they in the doors? Are they water proof?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I am set. Badlands, 2.7 Lux 4dr Hardtop. $53.7K Or......4dr BD hardtop SQ 2.3l Mid..... At least I am down to two and I know I don't want Base, BB, OB or WT.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands. Probably carbonized gray. 4 door. Non-Squatch. 2.7L and automatic. BL gets 4A automatically. Normal tires. High gets me the 12 inch screen and some other goodies, , wanting Lux but balking at the price for the upgrade. Really need to talk to aftermarket radio guys. Can I really improve the sound that much by going aftermarket ?

also need to know where the speakers go? Are they in the doors? Are they water proof?
Adaptive cruise and B&O are both really nice and actually Lux is a decent value IMO. My guess? You can get louder and or cheaper with aftermarket, but likely not much "better" sound. I doubt that quality will be a huge factor, based on the ambient noise we will experience when driving. I just figure at that point, I am spending so much, why not have it 100% the way I want it from the factory (I am doing AM headliner and hopefully Class III hitch/plug in harness).

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Once I made up my mind I put it in my signature . Badlands Luxed out . I keep my vehicles for 10 years now and I want it all :) I don't want to miss the luxury of my 07 King Ranch when I get the Bronco . It will have some new tech of course that the old King Ranch didn't have and some things won't be as nice . Hopefully Luxed out it will not be a noticeable downgrade .
I had this exact thought today as I sat in my 2011 kia optima. Its fully optioned out. Which means it has the heated steering wheel. Heated and cool seats. And other fancy features I can't remember that many more modern cars don't have unless you pay over 60k. The kia was 32k msrp in 2011.

This Bronco to my surprise, actually has more features than my optima did. Mostly around camera technology and sensors. Safety features that you'll grow VERY used to over time.

Originally I thought it wouldn't match up because this is an offroad vehicle right? But I guess when you are paying 58k you should expect the latest & greatest ??‍♂

Sponsored

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. Base Manual 2-Door with few options is the best deal by-far. It is clearly underpriced.
2. Since Broncos are modular, it will be easy to upgrade over time, everything from the grill, to the wheels, to the bumpers, to the suspension. Any and all of that can be modified over time.
3. I will save so much money v. your premium/lux/chewbacca package, that I will get to redo the kitchen AND buy a canoe to put on top of the Bronco AND maybe even one of those roof top overlanding tents.
4. I guarantee that my Base Bronco with the steelies and and old school canoe on top will get just as much attention at the lake/river as your Chewbacca package will get at Chick-FIl-A.

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 1.17.18 PM.png
That thing looks cool!

Deleted member 13817

I keep building Luxed out Badlands and Wildtracks. My First Edition reservation feels more like a giant “kick me I’m stupid” sign.

I’d feel better if literally anyone can justify/demonstrate the cost difference math...

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's almost time to place our final orders on our Broncos. I keep going back and forth between the mid and lux package. Personally I don't need all the adaptive cruise control features and everything like that, but having a nice stereo is important to me. Having a heated steering wheel is also important to me living in Wyoming. Which package have you guys decided on and why?
I keep going back and forth between stock badlands with no upgrades other than 2.7 and sasquatch and then a lux badlands with MGV or with leather. I really want washout floors and get my vehicles filthy with friends hiking and offroading - I also love leather a lot!

I love my early bronco and don't know if I really want one with all the steering/adaptive cruise and cameras that may just get blocked by a winch etc.

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands, 4-dr, Squatch, 2.7L, MGV, Lux, Tow

If I end up not digging the Goodyear Territory tires, I'll switch to BFG A/Ts when the Territory wears out; I'm hoping that the Territory lives up to the long video GY put out about it, and that it ends up earning the Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake rating they are hoping to achieve. If I later want/need a little extra redundancy in the Class II tow setup, I'll switch to Class III mounted directly to the frame (if that's possible).

Last edited:

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2-Door, Badlands, 2.7, Tow, Standard electronics (which is an upgrade from my current ride), 4.7 Rearend

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Right now I have it down to 6 options, all within $940 of each other MSRP.....
All hardtop 2.7, auto, tow packages with switches, bumper and rails if possible.
In order of my current preference, which changes approximately hourly:
1. Badlands - lux
2. Badlands - high squatched
3. Wildtrak - high, leather
4. OBX - lux, squatched
5. OBX - high, leather, squatched
6. Wildtrak - lux

So I am really starting to narrow it down now. LOL. By the time I order, I might be down to 4 options, and just wing it at the dealer's desk .
You could roll a die several times a day and keep a tally - let chance decide!

MDH Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F350 Crew cab 4x4 powestroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pie Grande

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (eventually)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base Squatch
Most likely will upgrade to signature LED and running boards when Ford offers on Ford parts!
Sponsored