First Name
Dak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Insurance is surprisingly cheap. Haven’t received my bronco yet, so I can’t give you that info yet. But I got my insurance to quote me on pretty much full coverage. $88CAD/month (roughly $70USD). Not too bad for a 26 yo male near Toronto…
Agreed, it's a pleasant surprise! My Mustang is $146/month with Progressive. Got a full coverage quote for the Bronco, and I'm looking at $76/month. Almost half the price!!
Sponsored

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My insurance only went up ~$30/month. Very pleasantly surprised.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Agreed, it's a pleasant surprise! My Mustang is $146/month with Progressive. Got a full coverage quote for the Bronco, and I'm looking at $76/month. Almost half the price!!
What trim?

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Outer Banks high package. I'm guessing the added safety features help
One would think so, but in years past I asked for quotes on a car with and without the trim level that added autonomous emergency braking, lane departure assist, BLIS with RTA, self parallel park, auto wipers and highbeams, etc. Higher trim level cost more to insure because the car was more money. Now I know my insurance company isn't every insurance company, but I thought more accident prevention/safety tech in the car would make it cheaper to insure and I was wrong.

Worth noting, even the base has emergency braking and no amount of safety tech will stop someone else from running a red and t-boning you at an intersection

Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

One would think so, but in years past I asked for quotes on a car with and without the trim level that added autonomous emergency braking, lane departure assist, BLIS with RTA, self parallel park, auto wipers and highbeams, etc. Higher trim level cost more to insure because the car was more money. Now I know my insurance company isn't every insurance company, but I thought more accident prevention/safety tech in the car would make it cheaper to insure and I was wrong.

Worth noting, even the base has emergency braking and no amount of safety tech will stop someone else from running a red and t-boning you at an intersection
Yes, that’s what I was thinking my First Edition cost more to insure because it cost more to fix. My comp and collision are double on the Bronco compared to our 2016 outlander and everything else is less than outlander
Ford Bronco What was your out there door price, down payment, monthly 2FE0BFEB-AA52-4EBE-A2BF-7B32387F114B

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why do you say insurance would be less than you pay for the Ferrari?

I have a '93 348 Serie Speciale, covered by Hagerty, and pay $900 a year for a $90,000 agreed value policy. My daily driver VW GTI is over $1000/yr, and I expect the $47k Bronco will be considerably more than that.

Have you looked into classic car insurance?
My premium for the F-355 is about $1k per year... so, I don't expect it to be more than that. My daily driver (F-150) is about $600 per year, so I expect it to be between the two.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Having spent a long time selling fords, no dealer is selling you a car for 2k under invoice. Holdback on a bronco is going to be 1200-1400 max? If they are selling below holdback without rebates or a Z, A, or D plan involved they are legit losing money.

Also from my time as a car salesman I know a LOT of buyers lie about the deal they got. I've had customers make phonecalls right in front of me to their friends, spouses, parents about how they are so excited they just bought a car for thousands less than I was ever capable of selling it, or $100/mo less than the lease payment they agreed too.

I've also had customers refer friends who comes in telling me "i want an explorer equipped the same as John Doe's for the same price" and I have to explain to them John Doe lied to them and there is no way he got that price.
My sticker says $48,120, but the company I ordered through paid exactly $38,916 for that vehicle... and yes, I have proof.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lots of under MSRP deals advertised on the forum... actually, I think they're all even less than Invoice.

My deal is $2,000 under Invoice, which I think works out to almost $4k under MSRP
What kind of deal are you getting that your Paid price is less than MSRP? Invoice on your rig looks to be about $46.3k which would make your TTL about $3k.

Edit. Odds that this thread will now getting the political lock? Thanks guys.
Yeah, I helped negotiate the under invoice deal for us down here in Texas, I understand how it works.

My point was, that his deal would have to be significantly under invoice to have an out the door price less than sticker by the time you figured in TTL. And being that AutoNation is a no haggle dealership, I was interested in the details. Possibly has something to do with being an active duty military purchase? Maybe he will answer and we won't have to assume details.
I ordered through Military Auto Source (MAS) because they offered a "low price guarantee" (which they have not honored to date). Still the deal I had gotten through MAS was not horrible, it was just below the B&P MSRP ($48,760) at ($47,953 plus TTL). In hindsight, had I not already had a deal signed with MAS, I certainly would have ordered through Granger or Chapman.

So as an example, Zack at Granger quoted me for the exact same vehicle $3500 less than what I am paying currently (right around $44,500). Like I said in another post, MAS paid $38,916 for the vehicle which is considerably below the invoice price of $46,300ish.

Chapman was similarly competitive and both dealerships went out of their way to help me...

My next vehicle will be through one of them. Both dealerships have been straight forward and awesome to interact with.

schlava

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250; 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4 Door OBX
MSRP $47545
My price $44,500.

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands Sasquatch:
Welp, you're incorrect. The SC sales tax on a vehicle is a max of $500. I gave you my real numbers. Have a great day.
Yes, but you get that very insidious personal property tax.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I didn’t have to pay private health insurance premiums every month, I’d comfortably have $1,000 for a car payment.

It’s all relative.
are you trying to defend a higher sales tax so that others can have “free” health benefits? I would rather pay for insurance myself than rely on others.

RobbyBronco

Base
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Edit. Odds that this thread will now getting the political lock? Thanks guys.
are you trying to defend a higher sales tax so that others can have “free” health benefits? I would rather pay for insurance myself than rely on others.
🤫 now you’ve gone and voiced an “incorrect” thought. Yours will disappear but the “correct” thoughts will remain.

acanterbury12

Outer Banks
First Name
Amie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4D obx
$48,720
Paid 48,220
Out the door $50,770

pick up tue but feel like the dealer Doesn’t want to sell me it. They already have it posted on there web page for over $63k

looking at the best internet rates for 84 month
Sponsored