Sponsored

What wheels are you planning to run on your Bronco ?

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really want to know exactly what backspacing's and offsets work with the Bronco. Such as max + and max - just so when I look at wheels I know what range I need to look at and know what will work and what won't work. I am going to stay in the 17inch range. And the bolt pattern is 6x5.5 correct?
really any offset will work, but tire size will be dictator here. Also, what look are you shooting for? I hate it when wheels stick way out, fine with wheels that protrude some, love the flush look.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I stay Squatch at order time, I will keep the bead locks and probably just powdercoat the beauty rings to complement the rest of what I do...

If not Squatch, I'll be looking for something in the "retro" world from quadratec, similar to their CJ Retro Alloy. It's a vintage design in modern alloy construction.

Quadratec-CJ-Retro-Alloy-Wheels-Wrangler-JK-JL-White.jpg

No, the TPMS system is transferred from one wheel to the next...
THAT IS LITERALLY THE TYPE OF WHELL I WAS JUST SEARCHING FOR! I want something similar to what was on the last gen bronco but chrome with red reflectors somehow.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

really any offset will work, but tire size will be dictator here. Also, what look are you shooting for? I hate it when wheels stick way out, fine with wheels that protrude some, love the flush look.
This is how I feel, also. I have SO MUCH MUD on my Bronco all the time. I do not want the tires to poke out. My son's Jeep has big tires that stick out significantly and, while cool looking, they just sling mud everywhere.

I think obx has 55mm offset. Since I have non-Sas, I think I need to stick with that, especially with bigger tires. I have room for 275s under the flares, I hope.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really want to know exactly what backspacing's and offsets work with the Bronco. Such as max + and max - just so when I look at wheels I know what range I need to look at and know what will work and what won't work. I am going to stay in the 17inch range. And the bolt pattern is 6x5.5 correct?
I totally stole this from BN's forum:
Bolt pattern - 6 x 5.5 also known as 6 x 139.7
Center Bore - 93.1

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Curious to see what people come up with.

All of this waiting around has caused me to spend a ridiculous amount of time shopping for upgrades & accessories for a vehicle I don't even have yet. But thus far I haven't encountered wheel that really makes me want to go and drop $1000 (usually a lot more) on a new set.
there not to many wheels that you get for 1000 that look nice

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any factory wheel over (almost) any aftermarket wheel
Agreed. I've had a few issues with brand new, well known brand wheels being out of round or bored off center, etc.

Badlands standard is probably my overall favorite of all wheels so far.
Not sure how readily available they will be.
EVERYBODY seems to want them.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am hoping the Black Diamond steelies are much cheaper than the aluminum wheels with bead locks. Anyone have an estimate as to the price for the 17” steelies?

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Stock Big Bend for now, but I really like the RTR wheels and might go for those when I'm ready to pull the trigger on an upgrade.

Sponsored

Danzer

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My plan is to buy a stock Bronco tire/wheel combo after someone upgrades from this forum. Anything is better than the stock Outer Banks wheels and tires.

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks everyone for sharing your insight. Below are my thoughts/plans as I await my OBX which should be built TOMORROW. 🙌
My goal for wheel/tire upgrade; max allowable diameter tire with minimal offset change from stock to keep the tires within (if possible) the stock fender flares. My current options for trading out my OBX Wheels/Tires with no lift/level are below.
Wheels:
Black Diamond Steelie Take Offs
Black Rhino Havasu: 17x7.5, offset +45, hub centric rings 112 mm to 93.1 mm.
Tires: 285/70/17 or 255/80/17 (pizza cutters), Falken Wildpeak AT3W, BFG KO2, Toyo AT3's
Thanks to all those early adopters who have blazed the trail with wheel/tire trial and error to let us know what fits and what does not.
Ford Bronco What wheels are you planning to run on your Bronco ? Black Rhino Havasu

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll be getting a set of Black Diamond steelies and having powder coated white. Then I’ll put some 255/80R17s on ‘em.
Pizza cutters!

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Method 315's 8.5x17 - 0 offset. Going up 2" and out 2"
Not sure of tires, but like the Nitto Recon Grapplers. 35x12.50
Will they be out by the time my Bronc arrives?

Ford Bronco What wheels are you planning to run on your Bronco ? 1630977484098