Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I posted this in another thread but it fits here as well.

I have been checking for Bronco Sports in my area to find A51 and CG like everyone else. There aren't many in Canada so each day I check them all. There are about 100 Sports listed in Canada on cargurus.

Out of those 100 there are two Area 51s and one Cactus Grey. One or two Rapid Reds, one Alto Blue. The rest are all Black, Grey, Silver and White.

Those may be what are shipping of course, but even if that's the case, the vehicles that head to the lots will mostly be Black, Grey, Silver, and White.

Last edited:

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Notice no one has mentioned Antimatter blue, was my first choice, but second guessing it due to the way it looks with the top off (least in the b@p). But, I like unique colors soooo might be in play again if this survey has any validity.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has said a couple of times that the number 1 color they track during people putting together there build and pricing on the site is area 51. They are watching you ?

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the way you are thinking. I'm likely sticking with OW with Brittany Blue wrap.

Brittany Blue Bronco.jpg
Are you thinking about going with the obx for the white fenders, by any chance?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you thinking about going with the obx for the white fenders, by any chance?
Yes. I'm going with OBX for access to the High package. I need the 12" screen. I can't see shit in front of me. The OBX also gives access to the body color parts (flares, handles, mirror caps, MY22 mod roof). I'm a late reservation holder on purpose to target MY22 (unless the reservation conversion rate is a complete failure). My MY21 order will opt for the SB Mod top. Hopefully, it remains in the unscheduled order bank until the MY22 orders need to be submitted. At which point, I'll switch to the body color mod top (white).

Future mods: Toss the factory step and replace with Power Steps. Swap the rear modular windows with power sliders. Gunner's hatch modified with a moon roof. And of course, Brittany Blue...

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With the way the Bronco Sports are rolling out I bet A51 will be the most popular color overall. Partly from peoples orders but then there will be droves of them when the dealers get their versions.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has said a couple of times that the number 1 color they track during people putting together there build and pricing on the site is area 51. They are watching you ?
At least in my case, the color defaults to A51, if I am looking at different option combinations, I certainly don't waste the effort to swap out the color (am for sure not an A51 person). I suspect a lot, if not all, of the build and prices default to that color and it skews the numbers until they are worthless.

The most prevalent (likely different from most popular) will be silver, white, black, and carbon gray. In that order. It is what the dealers will order for stock because they are easiest to sell. Picking one of those colors now will probably get you a relatively rare looking Bronco as the bespoke combinations in this first batch will be of people more inclined to get something different/exotic. Two years from now it will be nearly half silver and white on the road in total and will stay that way for a long time.

If you don't believe me, look at Wranglers on the road over the next two days and count the number of non-silver ones vs silver.

The two doors will be even less varied, the idiotic choice to force paint color on the inside means they have to go even more neutral paints to match the forced inside (and garish) colors.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least in my case, the color defaults to A51, if I am looking at different option combinations, I certainly don't waste the effort to swap out the color (am for sure not an A51 person). I suspect a lot, if not all, of the build and prices default to that color and it skews the numbers until they are worthless.

The most prevalent (likely different from most popular) will be silver, white, black, and carbon gray. In that order. It is what the dealers will order for stock because they are easiest to sell. Picking one of those colors now will probably get you a relatively rare looking Bronco as the bespoke combinations in this first batch will be of people more inclined to get something different/exotic. Two years from now it will be nearly half silver and white on the road in total and will stay that way for a long time.

If you don't believe me, look at Wranglers on the road over the next two days and count the number of non-silver ones vs silver.

The two doors will be even less varied, the idiotic choice to force paint color on the inside means they have to go even more neutral paints to match the forced inside (and garish) colors.
I promise they have in there algo a a parameter that understands if people don't switch the colors they don't count the default towards the overall popularity.
and I would bet that most people change their building pricing to the color they want.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. I'm going with OBX for access to the High package. I need the 12" screen. I can't see shit in front of me. The OBX also gives access to the body color parts (flares, handles, mirror caps, MY22 mod roof). I'm a late reservation holder on purpose to target MY22 (unless the reservation conversion rate is a complete failure). My MY21 order will opt for the SB Mod top. Hopefully, it remains in the unscheduled order bank until the MY22 orders need to be submitted. At which point, I'll switch to the body color mod top (white).

Future mods: Toss the factory step and replace with Power Steps. Swap the rear modular windows with power sliders. Gunner's hatch modified with a moon roof. And of course, Brittany Blue...
That is my plan, also. I am ordering the black top in hopes that it takes a long time so I can get a white top instead. Tell me more about these window power sliders.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is my plan, also. I am ordering the black top in hopes that it takes a long time so I can get a white top instead. Tell me more about these window power sliders.
I will when I do know. I would like an organic solution. They have manual sliders for Jeeps and EBs. It shouldn't be too hard of a concept to wire up a solution. I'm settled on the Mod Top as I'm more comfortable replacing windows that are designed to be removed over cutting apart a MIC top. The face of the console has plenty of room to accommodate more switches especially since I'm getting a 2-dr. I'll source the switch set for the 4-dr and will be able to control the sliders from the console switches. Ideally, a plug/play solution will be available with the aftermarket. But worse case scenario is that I take my top to Cheshire Customs in St. Augustine and tell him my plan and to make it happen. I'm pretty set on the idea. I just hope it doesn't cost me more than the Mod top itself.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will when I do know. I would like an organic solution. They have manual sliders for Jeeps and EBs. It shouldn't be too hard of a concept to wire up a solution. I'm settled on the Mod Top as I'm more comfortable replacing windows that are designed to be removed over cutting apart a MIC top. The face of the console has plenty of room to accommodate more switches especially since I'm getting a 2-dr. I'll source the switch set for the 4-dr and will be able to control the sliders from the console switches. Ideally, a plug/play solution will be available with the aftermarket. But worse case scenario is that I take my top to Cheshire Customs in St. Augustine and tell him my plan and to make it happen. I'm pretty set on the idea. I just hope it doesn't cost me more than the Mod top itself.
I didn't even know such a thing existed, so I'm interested in that! Thanks for the info!

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I’ve noticed that also with the color default. I’m mostly stuck with WT builds and the color default for it is Race red... no chance I’m picking that color but it always seems to be there when I choose WT BP
Sponsored