First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes. I always match factory on the passenger windows. It is illegal here in CA. ?‍♂
Am I the only one who prefers factory tint? I like that you won’t be able to scratch them up ( I have a dog), you can’t clean the windows (aftermarket tint) with razor blades, and I don’t like anyone else working on my car unless necessary. I too will tint the front to match the other windows.
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I has in high school, a friend of mine had a legal aftermarket tint on his car and got pulled over and was given a ticket because the cop said it looked too dark. He went to court to fight the ticket with proof it was legal and the judge basically told him to pound salt and upheld the ticket plus court fees.
Nothing new from city judges . Whenever that happens just turn to the court clerk and ask for an appeal form . You don't have to pay the fine unless the appeal rules against you , but from my experience they will drop it before it goes to court again .

Ever notice that any car commercial always shows the whole car tinted , even the windshield ? They know it just looks better to most people . It's been that way ever since I can remember . Pick a vehicle and go check out the commercial for it on TV . They are advertising something you can't get .

The rear is going to be roughly 15% with nothing on the front doors or windshield . Also the embedded factory tint does little for heat (infrared) , nothing for ultraviolet transmission nor protects the glass from flying inside the car if broken . Aftermarket tint (Film) , even clear films , stops roughly 99% of ultraviolet that causes fading and varying degrees of heat transmission depending on the shade chosen . Aftermarket film also helps tremendously in stopping flying glass during an accident . OEM tinting mainly just looks the part and helps with glare .

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Whatever is factory comes with it will never beat the aftermarket. I have had illegal tint on all vehicles I've owned since I was 16 and never had an issue. Here in CT most police departments only have one device per department to actually check tints. Illegal tints have never gotten me pulled over..
The "device" is simply a business card sized piece of plastic they place behind glass... it has % written in different shades. Officer can read the % font through tint.

Bet they have more than 1....

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The "device" is simply a business card sized piece of plastic they place behind glass... it has % written in different shades. Officer can read the % font through tint.

Bet they have more than 1....
This is coming from local cops from various towns in my area so you can take your bet up with them. Also described to me as an electronic meter..

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My last two vehicles the factory tint was metered at around 25%.

Sponsored

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is coming from local cops from various towns in my area so you can take your bet up with them. Also described to me as an electronic meter..
Been in the business for 20 years.

Trust me. Its a card.

Cops who write for stupid crap like tint suck.. btw...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been in the business for 20 years.

Trust me. Its a card.

Cops who write for stupid crap like tint suck.. btw...
I've been in the other half of that business for almost 20 years.

Trust me. We have an electronic meter.

(agreed, only write for tint if it was a contributing factor to another situation)

Ford Bronco What will factory tint be like? gain-express-gainexpress-Car-tools-and-Equipment-WTM-1000-application_1024x1024

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been in the other half of that business for almost 20 years.

Trust me. We have an electronic meter.

(agreed, only write for tint if it was a contributing factor to another situation)

Ford Bronco What will factory tint be like? gain-express-gainexpress-Car-tools-and-Equipment-WTM-1000-application_1024x1024
Yup. Seen that.

Theres a card too.

Probably depends on your state law which one is admissible in court as to what officer will have.

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I the only one who prefers factory tint? I like that you won’t be able to scratch them up ( I have a dog), you can’t clean the windows (aftermarket tint) with razor blades, and I don’t like anyone else working on my car unless necessary. I too will tint the front to match the other windows.
I like factory tint, but I don't like that it's not dark enough. Here in Florida I've always used 15% on all my windows except the front and never had a problem.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it's anything like putting a screen protector on, mine will mostly be 30 in the front, but with big bubbles of 40 lol

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing new from city judges . Whenever that happens just turn to the court clerk and ask for an appeal form . You don't have to pay the fine unless the appeal rules against you , but from my experience they will drop it before it goes to court again .

Ever notice that any car commercial always shows the whole car tinted , even the windshield ? They know it just looks better to most people . It's been that way ever since I can remember . Pick a vehicle and go check out the commercial for it on TV . They are advertising something you can't get .

The rear is going to be roughly 15% with nothing on the front doors or windshield . Also the embedded factory tint does little for heat (infrared) , nothing for ultraviolet transmission nor protects the glass from flying inside the car if broken . Aftermarket tint (Film) , even clear films , stops roughly 99% of ultraviolet that causes fading and varying degrees of heat transmission depending on the shade chosen . Aftermarket film also helps tremendously in stopping flying glass during an accident . OEM tinting mainly just looks the part and helps with glare .
Fun fact, (most) Car commercials are fake, and use a dummy CGI car called the Blackbird. The whole car is CGI and they can make it look any way they want. Pretty cool actually.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anybody have experience with the new "ceramic" tints? Have a couple friends who have done ceramic recently, one loves it the other said it was a waste of $. Different shops/cities so Im sure there are different products out there.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’d like to black out the bronco just to match trims and wheels.......but then again.....I don’t ever want to put the doors and roof on :)
Sponsored