Sponsored

What will Ford do about V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392?

OrangecrushAZ

Badlands
First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Raptor, ‘17 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like the Jeep Rubicon 392 is happening. What will Ford do to answer? Why didn’t they make the 3.5 EcoBoost available? Or even the 5.0 coyote? Or better yet, the 3.5 H.O. from the Raptor? I’m sure they will do something to up the power in a couple of years, just somewhat bummed that I will have to trade up, rather than having that option now.
Sponsored

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

3.0 Ecoboost

Sponsored

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It looks like the Jeep Rubicon 392 is happening. What will Ford do to answer? Why didn’t they make the 3.5 EcoBoost available? Or even the 5.0 coyote? Or better yet, the 3.5 H.O. from the Raptor? I’m sure they will do something to up the power in a couple of years, just somewhat bummed that I will have to trade up, rather than having that option now.
Likely nothing. The 3.0 ecoboost is allegedly on it's way for the Raptor/Warthog version of the Bronco and in the Explorer ST it makes 400 hp and 415 lb-ft of torque; an updated factory tune could easily match the Wranglers 450/450 if they do bring it to production.

Also, the Explorer st does 0-60 in 5.2 and the Wrangler 392 is "under 5". The Explorer weighs more than a wrangler so that kind of power from the 3.0 as is would likely match the Wranglers performance to 60 if it were in a Bronco.

MT/SFA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm firmly convinced Jeep is putting that motor in Wranglers to add enough weight to stop death wobble.
Interesting that you say that, just for a test I put a large bar of steel on the front frame horns of my Willys to see if extra weight would help a death wobble problem, it did not seem to make much difference.

Dark Knight

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a jeep. If they put in a 392..... It is going to be terrible. The electric steering box in the JLs is the worst, and jeep doesn't have a fix. It will be 400HP+ of terrible driving mannnn. Plus it has to be SUPER expensive. The diesel engine option is $4,000 bucks! My loaded rubicon was msrp 57000. So a loaded 392? easily 70,000.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait and see if jeep actually releases it. Standard price to get one in a Jeep will undoubtedly go well north of 50k, probably closer to 60. I’ll be shocked if it’s available in anything less than a rubi, MAYBE a Sahara/Overland.

Dark Knight

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting that you say that, just for a test I put a large bar of steel on the front frame horns of my Willys to see if extra weight would help a death wobble problem, it did not seem to make much difference.
I have slowly learned....None of the parts people are marketing fix that terrible steering. its the reason why I am leaving my JL behind

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will they have a transmission that will hold up behind a 392?

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a jeep. If they put in a 392..... It is going to be terrible. The electric steering box in the JLs is the worst, and jeep doesn't have a fix. It will be 400HP+ of terrible driving mannnn. Plus it has to be SUPER expensive. The diesel engine option is $4,000 bucks! My loaded rubicon was msrp 57000. So a loaded 392? easily 70,000.
Wait and see if jeep actually releases it. Standard price to get one in a Jeep will undoubtedly go well north of 50k, probably closer to 60. I’ll be shocked if it’s available in anything less than a rubi, MAYBE a Sahara/Overland.
My bet is both of yall are way off. It will only be available in a Rubicon from what a heard and they can be optioned in the mid 60s already. I'm betting the 392 will be into the $80K plus. It's more a marketing stunt than anything. It'll never be a viable model.