Sponsored

What will Ford do about V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392?

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
First will be appraising Wrangler V8's for trade in on for their far superior Bronco.
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It looks like the Jeep Rubicon 392 is happening. What will Ford do to answer? Why didn’t they make the 3.5 EcoBoost available? Or even the 5.0 coyote? Or better yet, the 3.5 H.O. from the Raptor? I’m sure they will do something to up the power in a couple of years, just somewhat bummed that I will have to trade up, rather than having that option now.
I don't really see ford doing anything right away. You're talking about an extra 50 lb-ft torque between the 392 and the 2.7 in the Bronco. Add to that the fact if the 392 does go into production your probably looking at a list price well over 70K and there will probably be limited numbers of them sold as a special edition.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think they will introduce the 1200 hp detuned from the MachE racer all electric Bronco. The commercial will just be it flying silently at 120 MPH across a pasture while 1200 Broncos(equestrian) look on and just snort a lil then chase after it!

Edit: Also the MoTaur guy from that commercial is in the distance looking on from a ridge ?

Last edited:

Vegas_Sirk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was going to buy a Gladiator to replace my JKU, but when they didn't fix the steering or power issues on both the JL and JT, I abandoned Jeep and bought a Raptor instead as it did offer power, handling and offroad capability. Now with the Bronco being a lower cost option then a Raptor and offering a similar value proposition I think there will be a lot of Jeep owners jumping ship and even a V8 will not sway the majority as the steering is still not fixed an it will be more expensive then a new Raptor.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most of the car manufacturers have left me behind. I want the powerful drivetrain without all the expensive fluff. They want to sell the fluff for profit, and they only package the powerful drivetrain with the fluff (see ford sport models). I'm glad I bought my 2015 JKR when they sold the rubicon package on a base wrangler.

I just bought a 2020 STI because it doesn't have electric steering, eyesight, lane departure, auto start stop, and all the other crap I don't want to pay for. It's still push button start and has a big touchscreen, but it's the best I could get with the big 6 speed, axles, brakes, and diffs.

I would like to do a V8 conversion on my 2 door wrangler, but it doesn't have u-connect (bluetooth and EVIC and other junk). I can't use AEV's conversion kits for the 5.7 because without u-connect I can't clear maintenance reminders. The solution is to have a dealer install u-connect and activate for a couple thousand dollars. Maybe there's an LS swap out there that'll work one day for me. I'm still looking.

At least with bronco it looks like you can get the 2.7TT V6 (only auto) on any version of the bronco. It still sucks that you can't get a manual with the V6.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Ford is going to sit back and count their cash from the Bronco sales and laugh. That Wrangler is going to so expensive, sales will be low.
Came here to say the same thing. This is just Jeep jumping up and down, waving there arms, saying look at me.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To gripe some more, my 2015 JKR also has the Alpine speaker upgrade with the base radio. It's the best stereo I've ever had from the factory. It looks like Bronco requires the Lux package to get the best speaker setup, and that is of course packaged with adaptive cruise control and a bunch of other "technology." It wouldn't be a big deal, but last I checked, properly modifying a ford factory radio system requires a few days work and russian software. The crap base stereo in my 2015 GT mustang was part f the reason I got rid of it.

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Jeep was gonna offer stick w/ a V8, Ford might be in trouble with me, but an auto only wouldn't sway me and honestly, Bronco seems more planted and worthy of my time and $$$ than a Wrangler
If Jeep offered a stick for their diesel I'd be buying one at the end of this year instead of waiting for a Bronco ~10 months. Although, if Ford offered their little diesel with a stick in the Bronco, I'd be getting that.

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is literally nothing that can fix a jk or jl steering so it feels good. It's a solid axle box. I love it. But some ppl expect a unrealistic ride. The wrangler will always fight you on the highway like all solid font axle vehicles

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wait and see if jeep actually releases it. Standard price to get one in a Jeep will undoubtedly go well north of 50k, probably closer to 60. I’ll be shocked if it’s available in anything less than a rubi, MAYBE a Sahara/Overland.
You're basing that assumption on the old mentality when they used to offer the 5.9 in only the top trims... Nowadays you can get all 3 engines, including the diesel in a wrangler sport, starting under 40k.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is literally nothing that can fix a jk or jl steering so it feels good. It's a solid axle box. I love it. But some ppl expect a unrealistic ride. The wrangler will always fight you on the highway like all solid font axle vehicles

Have no experience with Jeeps, but I found the trick to chevy front axle steering was to leave the front hubs locked even in 2wd. That and replacing all the worn out steering components. Cut down the wandering significantly, and I've never experienced the death wobble while driving many SFA Chevys.
Sponsored