Advertisement

What will Ford do about V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392?

zaki

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus LS 500; 2012 Toyota Sienna
Vehicle Showcase
What would Ford do?
The Bronco Raptor will be here.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Ford isn’t going to do shit and why should they? The 2.7L twin turbo is plenty powerful at an affordable price. I can see them maybe dropping in the 3.5 high output some day in a “raptor” model bronco and jeep will never be able to compete with that motor even with their hemi.

If you want an NA v8 stick shift then buy a Shelby GT350. That’s my plan to satisfy my v8/manual itch. When I drive a stick I want to move through those gears and drive the shit out of it, not crawl in 1 gear. When I rev a V8 I want to be screaming down the highway, not spinning tires off road.... but that’s just me.

WadeWolf76

Black Diamond
First Name
Damon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willy's Wheeler, 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sport (Wifes) , 1967 Ford Mustang coupe
I honestly get an image of Jeep wrapped around electrical poles, traffic lights, off in a ditch and/or on its side/roof. Not knocking anything other than it is probably WAY too much power for something with the higher center of gravity and short (2door) to short-ish (4door) wheelbase.

Yeah, it does sound cool and I can see it being awesome to power thru some things on a trail...but the average driver...eek
No way they are going to put that in the 2 door. It will be a 4 door only option if it even makes it to production.

Advertisement

Advertisement