Sponsored

What will Ford do about V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392?

Puck56

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford won't worry about it until Jeep figures out how to get the giant V8 to pass the crash tests without completely redesigning the front of the Wrangler.
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Jeep was gonna offer stick w/ a V8, Ford might be in trouble with me, but an auto only wouldn't sway me and honestly, Bronco seems more planted and worthy of my time and $$$ than a Wrangler

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly? I don’t care as much as I thought I would. Jeep doing this is a little too late to sway my desire for a Bronco... and sure I’d love a 5.0 Coyote in the Bronco!

but if they don’t then I’m good with that. The 2.3 and 2.7 both offer more than either gas engine Jeep offers.. and they made the diesel cost prohibitive to my wants.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Off topic, but does Ford still make the Triton 5.4L that was in the 07 GT500’s? I had one and thought it was a great engine with that supercharger strapped to it. Man, stock 500 HP was a LOT in 2007.

My current 2010 FX4 has the Triton, but wasn’t sure if 2010 was the last year they made it since the 2011’s were the first year for the Ecoboost. Correct?
That is correct, in 2011 Ford introduced the 3.5 ecoboost in the F150 and replaced the 5.4 v8 with the 5.0 v8. The 5.4 and 5.0 are both considered the "modular" engine family from ford as was the 4.6 and the 6.8 v10. All great engines IMO.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Right now there's a 422 page, 2 yr/5 month old steering issue thread on the JL forum. Which Fiat still hasn't fixed. I could care less about a V8, so instead hopefully 2 1/2 years after the Broncos release there is no 422 page thread about an issue Ford refuses to acknowledge. That's what Ford can do - build a vehicle that isn't a pos.

Blind sheep Jeep fanboys will be blind sheep fanboys, but I guarantee you they've lost a boatload of sales and confidence in their brand from that one thread alone. I know they lost one from me, and whenever I hear anyone talking about getting a new Jeep i direct them to that forum and that thread.

The balls in your court Ford.
The super duty have their fair share of death wobble.

Sponsored
First Name
kendrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 FJ40 18 RS4 20 F350 20 V4R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford will wait. I feel like in 3-4 years we will see a Bronco "raptor" with exactly what you are asking for.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I doubt the concept comes to reality. If it does it won’t be what you expect it to be. Especially for what they’d want you to pay

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That jeep with the 392 hemi is going to cost a fortune thinking 70000 I see rubicons around hear God’s for high 50 to 60 thousand way to much money for the average blue color worker

ChrisMeyers

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If they can put a 392 into a 37K Scat Pack Challenger that I can pick up today, they can put it in here economically if they choose to do that. Its not an expensive motor, never was.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford really doesn’t have to do much. The 2.7 is easily tuneable to 400 plus hp 500tq. The 2.3 is the same platform that was in my RS and that car was extremely quick at stock there was plenty of power left in it. I don’t see why or the need they would make a raptor version. The 392 wrangler has my attention the wife has a SRT Grand Cherokee and I drive it here and there it’s pretty stout. Other than the lifter failures they’re commonly have.

EMrider

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right now there's a 422 page, 2 yr/5 month old steering issue thread on the JL forum. Which Fiat still hasn't fixed. I could care less about a V8, so instead hopefully 2 1/2 years after the Broncos release there is no 422 page thread about an issue Ford refuses to acknowledge. That's what Ford can do - build a vehicle that isn't a pos.

Blind sheep Jeep fanboys will be blind sheep fanboys, but I guarantee you they've lost a boatload of sales and confidence in their brand from that one thread alone. I know they lost one from me, and whenever I hear anyone talking about getting a new Jeep i direct them to that forum and that thread.

The balls in your court Ford.
That is why my JKUR will likely be my last Jeep. Having also owned an LJ, I get that Jeeps have some unique driving characteristics. But many of the JL owners complaining have also owned other Jeep models and are still very disappointed with not being able to resolve their JL steering problems.

The engine and drivetrain going into the Bronco are proven. Ford needs a win and I’m confident enough that they won’t deliver a POS to buy a first year model.

R

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford loves to be able to claim highest numerical values too much to let Jeep have it. They'll make sure their performance option is better on paper so they can make those claims in their advertising.

jhtolatc

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford will happily cede those sales to Jeep and focus their attention elsewhere.
Sponsored