Sponsored

What will Ford do about V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392?

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To gripe some more, my 2015 JKR also has the Alpine speaker upgrade with the base radio. It's the best stereo I've ever had from the factory. It looks like Bronco requires the Lux package to get the best speaker setup, and that is of course packaged with adaptive cruise control and a bunch of other "technology." It wouldn't be a big deal, but last I checked, properly modifying a ford factory radio system requires a few days work and russian software. The crap base stereo in my 2015 GT mustang was part f the reason I got rid of it.
Did they ever put speed compensated volume in the wranglers? That was my biggest gripe with my 2012 JKR... Get on the freeway with the top down, crank up the nav, get off the freeway and stop at the stop light: TURN LEFT NOW! (at all 600 watts or whatever the Alpine system had to offer)... lol.

Loved the offroad trail saving thing they had with the nav.
Sponsored

Dark Knight

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have actually driven some JKs with better steering. I have never driven a hydro assist set up, and I did not want to spend that much money on something that wasn't a guaranteed fix. Stabilizers are only meant to help heavy bump steer. My steering is "good" except for that 1.5 inches of dead spot in the center that I can't get rid of. This is why im switching to bronco. Its like a jeep., but won't have these stupid steering problems.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm firmly convinced Jeep is putting that motor in Wranglers to add enough weight to stop death wobble.
Death wobble has already been fixed on a recall. Jeep replaced the steering damper with a new part. My Rubicon no longer has a death wobble.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Personally I have no desire for a V8. My Rubicon has the V6 which is plenty of power for me. I'm pretty sure my new Bronco with the 2.7 V6 will also be more than enough power for me.

RedneckBronco

First Edition
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco, 2012 F250, 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The V-8 Jeep will probably Force Fords Hand into giving us a V-8 Bronco available in the Raptor. So for people wanting a real Engine we will be guided into the Raptor. Yes I am one of those people who want a V-8 or Diesel option. And Yes i am that person that will get it tuned, add headers, find some AFR heads, ball bearing turbos, and squeeze every last bit of hp and torque I can out of which ever engine. The Only answer to how much Torque do you need... is more.

Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have no experience with Jeeps, but I found the trick to chevy front axle steering was to leave the front hubs locked even in 2wd. That and replacing all the worn out steering components. Cut down the wandering significantly, and I've never experienced the death wobble while driving many SFA Chevys.
All the JK jeep wranglers always spin the front axles and driveshaft. Jeep added a passenger side axle disconnect on the JL that saves some fuel economy. They tried it before in the past, and some people are breaking the axle offroad, just like in the past.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The V-8 Jeep will probably Force Fords Hand into giving us a V-8 Bronco available in the Raptor. So for people wanting a real Engine we will be guided into the Raptor. Yes I am one of those people who want a V-8 or Diesel option. And Yes i am that person that will get it tuned, add headers, find some AFR heads, ball bearing turbos, and squeeze every last bit of hp and torque I can out of which ever engine. The Only answer to how much Torque do you need... is more.
Ford Bronco What will Ford do about V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392? 1595801151649

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT3, 19’ Cayenne, 20’ Model S, 87’ Supra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of course Bronco Raptor could be the answer. It may not be so hard to produce a few cars with the current Raptor engine or put a 5.0 GT500 engine in it, the latter could make this a true desert runner with few more suspension tricks. Say long travel King (I can only dream).

And since dreaming, I can imagine a Bronco Raptor / desert slayer with 750+ HP engine and a King long-travel suspension and 35-37” Gen Grabler tires.

PS
They could take a few lessons from Porsche. If they build a car like above, they can sell the damn thing for 80-100k and more. People will be lining up.

Last edited:

Vegas_Sirk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had a friend that did exactly what your looking at doing and he still wasn't happy with the steering even with the hydro assist. I drove it and it was marginally better IMO as well.

There is literally nothing that can fix a jk or jl steering so it feels good. It's a solid axle box. I love it. But some ppl expect a unrealistic ride. The wrangler will always fight you on the highway like all solid font axle vehicles
My father's Super Duty is SFA and drives fine, most people would never know that truck is SFA, so I'm surprised that on a full size like that they can make it handle well but Jeep after all these years haven't come up with a fix. Maybe its something to do with off-road ability and needing to flex?

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I put rock krawler solid upper and lower control arms, track bars, multirate springs, pushed the rear axle back an inch, and lifted my 2015 wrangler around 2.5 inches. It definitely made it better offroad, especially with the rancho 9000 series adjustable shocks. I think a lot of poor handling jeeps are from mismatched shocks and springs as well as messed up geometry. Anytime you lift a wrangler more than a few inches, it's best to correct the axle geometry up front and relocate the rear track bar mounting to get it back to parallel and raise the rear roll center for better handling. Most folks going for the mall crawler look don't want to spend the money for geometry correction brackets up front or adjustable control arms. Any drive down a road that has constant changes in crown will cause all sorts of steering effort in an SFA vehicle. Works great on rocks, though.

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly get an image of Jeep wrapped around electrical poles, traffic lights, off in a ditch and/or on its side/roof. Not knocking anything other than it is probably WAY too much power for something with the higher center of gravity and short (2door) to short-ish (4door) wheelbase.

Yeah, it does sound cool and I can see it being awesome to power thru some things on a trail...but the average driver...eek
Sponsored