Sponsored

What will happen to all the traded in JEEPs?

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am just wondering what will happen to Jeep's resale value when a wave of trades happen next spring? Or am I over estimating the enthusiam for the Bronco?
Sponsored

OP
OP
eBronco

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe I should take a look the the Jeep message boards to get a feel. FCA's quality has been so bad over the past 10 years, but they did have a lock on this market. Until now.

futzin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Denial is not just a river in Egypt. Head in the sand / blinders for many.
The saying I've come up with: Brand loyalty shouldn't be blind loyalty.
They did NOT like that months ago on the JT forum when the Bronco was still a ways off. Some on the forum are starting to realize the Bronco is for real.

Bronco talk was not tolerated there then. Open discussions now. (I'm not on the Wrangler forum).

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My JKU is going to my son who turns 16 next May.

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I almost pulled the trigger on a JLUR earlier this Summer. Some of the spy photos of the Bronco didnā€™t do it for me, and the Jeep was pretty timeless with great resale.

So glad I held out.... I have never felt so comfortable with a decision... at least not that I can remember!

futzin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm sure Ford is LOVING that Jeep is emphasizing the 6.4 now. IMO, the 5.7 would be a much bigger sales response to the Bronco. The 6.4 would/will cost a truckload. A Jeep with 5.7 would be a perfect match, IMO. They could price it very competitively and sell a ton of them to Jeep loyalists.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own a JL Unlimited and was curious how the Bronco was going to effect things.
Judging from the Jeep forum posts and their assessment of the threat the Bronco poses, it seems like they are either idiots or suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

There will always be the Jeep diehards, but as someone who is admittedly *very* excited about the Bronco, I believe they are kidding themselves if they think this Bronco isnā€™t a competitor to the Wrangler.

I should add: I can not wait until I get to trade my JKU for a Bronco.

kairo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own a JL Unlimited and was curious how the Bronco was going to effect things.
Judging from the Jeep forum posts and their assessment of the threat the Bronco poses, it seems like they are either idiots or suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

There will always be the Jeep diehards, but as someone who is admittedly *very* excited about the Bronco, I believe they are kidding themselves if they think this Bronco isnā€™t a competitor to the Wrangler.

I should add: I can not wait until I get to trade my JKU for a Bronco.
I ran into the same thing on the tacomaworld forums. Yes, the bronco is not a pickup, but a lot of those "diehard" wheelers in their stock TRDs are saying, "I'll only buy Toyota" Why? Buy the best vehicle that fits your need and your pricepoint. (Don't even get me started on the Tacoma drivers that are saying the Bronco will have problems cause it's IFS. bitches, you drive IFS already lol)

I'm probably going to have to dump my Tacoma for my new Bronco, but I get SO MUCH MORE offroad capability of the bronco, and I lose just the bed of my tacoma. Shit, I can buy a 6' trailer for a grand if I need to haul lumber.

If in 6 months another company comes out with a rig that blows the Bronco out of the water, I'll switch my allegience there. I just want the best performing offroad vehicle I can get for my dollar.

OP
OP
eBronco

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ran into the same thing on the tacomaworld forums. Yes, the bronco is not a pickup, but a lot of those "diehard" wheelers in their stock TRDs are saying, "I'll only buy Toyota" Why? Buy the best vehicle that fits your need and your pricepoint.

I'm probably going to have to dump my Tacoma for my new Bronco, but I get SO MUCH MORE offroad capability of the bronco, and I lose just the bed of my tacoma. Shit, I can buy a 6' trailer for a grand if I need to haul lumber.
Exactly. Trailers are more practical than a P/U bed anyway.

OP
OP
eBronco

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model