Sponsored

What will run out first? V6 or Sasquatch!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.7 is used in the F-150, Edge ST and I think a Lincoln model or two. So I'm sure there are plenty already on hand.
There are definitely not “plenty” or it wouldn’t be on the list of options that will delay some orders. They know based on what they are are seeing as far as ordering patterns that they will run short, as they underestimated how many would choose the 2.7. Obviously, they wildly underestimated the demand for Sasquatch as well...but no telling which one will be worse as far as falling behind.

My guess is that Sasquatch will be further behind, but it’s just speculation. I had heard that the Bilstien plant had to shut down for a while, which would compound further the problem with underestimating Sasquatch demand...but who knows what other parts were hit.

Last edited:

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd wager Sasquatch, since it major uses parts that are unique to Bronco. Besides motor mounts and some support hardware (intake ducts and whatnot), I can't imagine the 2.7 is that different than the ones used in other models.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How many units do you think they have for each 2021 MY? If you build a Bronco without the sasquatch do you think you will get pri over Sasquatch in the priority list algorithm? Vise Versa, Sasquatch package trumps V6 in line. Just food for thought.
I got the v6 non squatch black diamond with mid pakage and got a build code of 19 which means build wright away according to some people on hear it’s also a 2 door July 14 res

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How many units do you think they have for each 2021 MY? If you build a Bronco without the sasquatch do you think you will get pri over Sasquatch in the priority list algorithm? Vise Versa, Sasquatch package trumps V6 in line. Just food for thought.
Honestly, as long as I get my BB Squatch V6 before they run out... I don't care 😁

My guess would be the V6 though since it's used in other vehicles

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Edit-- Remember production isn't just limited by supply, CAFE numbers can force limits on production as well, gears and fuel economy could cause limits. I question fuel economy differences between 2.3 and 2.7 since Ranger vs F150 shows this is negligible, but Sas is going to hurt mileage.
This could be incentive for Ford to offer a Sasquatch 'lite' package for the lower tier models..... reduce tire size and gear ratios, lighter wheels, and maybe even cut the front locker. These changes could eek out an extra mpg or two.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford could get all the 2.7L engines they wanted by offering a summer sale on V8 trucks. Bronco output is barely measurable compared to F-series.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford could get all the 2.7L engines they wanted by offering a summer sale on V8 trucks. Bronco output is barely measurable compared to F-series.
Better yet, let's just offer a V8 Bronco :love: Baby Godzilla should fit ;)

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a point, in May?, where the dealer can say "Based on your timestamp, there will definitely be enough inventory that you can order the following things without causing delay". ? If so, at that moment, is it a faith issue with the dealer that what they are saying is accurate and not just trying to upsell? I am avoiding limited available things because I'm not clear on what kind of delay could come from an add-on. The dealer would likely increase the sale with me by being able to provide a list based on my timestamp. Kinda like a last minute impulse add-on which I am susceptible to :) I'm thinking there are a portion of July 13 res holders that can get whatever they want...

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch.
Most definitely. The Sasquatch package relies on multiple suppliers and is part of the 7000 FEs and all the Wildtraks. My guess is that the tires will be the biggest hang-up.

Is there a point, in May?, where the dealer can say "Based on your timestamp, there will definitely be enough inventory that you can order the following things without causing delay". ? If so, at that moment, is it a faith issue with the dealer that what they are saying is accurate and not just trying to upsell? I am avoiding limited available things because I'm not clear on what kind of delay could come from an add-on. The dealer would likely increase the sale with me by being able to provide a list based on my timestamp. Kinda like a last minute impulse add-on which I am susceptible to :) I'm thinking there are a portion of July 13 res holders that can get whatever they want...
Order whatever you want. You'll regret not getting it your way and the delay will be forgotten within the first mile of driving!

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This could be incentive for Ford to offer a Sasquatch 'lite' package for the lower tier models..... reduce tire size and gear ratios, lighter wheels, and maybe even cut the front locker. These changes could eek out an extra mpg or two.
Sasquatch lite?? That sounds familiar. LOL

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This. And I do hope they run out because I’ve got the 2.3 and manual!! Let’s just hope those Lux components hold out.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just offering 33s on OBX would help. Pricing is pushing people to Wildtrak. I've had some that OBX is what they want, but switch to Badlands to get 33s, then see they can get Wildtrak for the same money. If 33s were optional on OBX they'd order that.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Order whatever you want. You'll regret not getting it your way and the delay will be forgotten within the first mile of driving
This^

However I will say, I cant quite order exactly what I want since Ford wont allow certain things across all the models but I'm going to get as close as I can within my budget.
Sponsored