Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love this question.

For me personally, my Dad had a 94 tan on green eddie bauer Bronco. He took me hunting in it all the time, and he let me use it as my prom transportation. Obviously it made an impact on my life, and I bought my own 94 eight years ago and still daily drive it. I used to take my two older kids offroading in it all the time. They both want it when they turn 16 and constantly ask me about the new bronco, and which one I'm getting. My oldest daughter is dead set on A51 if I pull the trigger. I also built a 69 chevelle with my father-in-law. Although that car has a special place in my heart, my girls could care less about it. They never really got to ride in it or work on it with me so to them it was just another vehicle. The Bronco however, they enjoy all the memories we've made in it and they love it. They both want their own Bronco someday, just like I did.

20151226_114331.jpg

20140503_123215.jpg
Glad bro, and so cute that they love it, looks like this makes my decision that much better. Definitely listen to the little boss, she knows what she's talking about :p

How's the Chevelle btw?

They’ll remember not to touch my damn Bronco lol
And I'm ok with them kicking each other's ass to be the one to drive it when they start joy riding

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny enough, I sold to my father-in-law...

I miss that damn car
At least its still in the family... Shoulda sold my Audi to my bro-in-law when I had the chance

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I remember detailing, then getting to do a VERY short drive in a customers 1994 Lamborghini Diablo VT. Black with tan interior... Nearly came in the seat, it was GLORIOUS! (don't mind that the clutch was a monster and impossibly difficult to drive)

If we have to recall cars within our family, it will be the afore mentioned mid-80's 911 Turbo in beautiful Moss Green with tan interior. Being the youngest, I had to sit in back with my head smashed against the glass, craning my neck sideways to look out the side window. Even as an under-sized 8 year old, the back seat of a 911 is no place to be.

1984_porsche_911_carrera_15533984418495d565ef6IMG_2309[1].jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember detailing, then getting to do a VERY short drive in a customers 1994 Lamborghini Diablo VT. Black with tan interior... Nearly came in the seat, it was GLORIOUS! (don't mind that the clutch was a monster and impossibly difficult to drive)

If we have to recall cars within our family, it will be the afore mentioned mid-80's 911 Turbo in beautiful Moss Green with tan interior. Being the youngest, I had to sit in back with my head smashed against the glass, craning my neck sideways to look out the side window. Even as an under-sized 8 year old, the back seat of a 911 is no place to be.

Ford Bronco What will the kids remember more? 1984_porsche_911_carrera_15533984418495d565ef6IMG_2309[1]
Damn, beautiful widow maker there. If the kids ever misbehave, just throw them in the back seat of the Porsche, they'll learn.

Damn, lucky bastard, never had a chance to drive a Lambo, though I have had my fair share of non turbo porsches

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I remember my dad's 67' chevy truck with the wooden bed and riding in the back over the Harbor Bridge. sooooo much fun! My youngest is 25 and he can't wait for me to get a Bronco. Many memories to come!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Damn, lucky bastard, never had a chance to drive a Lambo, though I have had my fair share of non turbo porsches
As the illustrious James May once said "Never meet your idols. Never meet your childhood hero's".

Ohhhhhhhh it looked like pure sex. But It's awful to drive. Only slightly better than the Countach.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As the illustrious James May once said "Never meet your idols. Never meet your childhood hero's".

Ohhhhhhhh it looked like pure sex. But It's awful to drive. Only slightly better than the Countach.
I can imagine. Fortunately most of my heroes are mostly working class (Tuners and Muscle)

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im a long way out from even asking this, but I figure someone else isn't and will stumble upon this.

Obviously kids remember things growing up, but what type of vehicles will they remember more?
Dads bitching Camaro, off-roading in the Jeep, wrenching on the classic muscle, the drop top or him just being a speed demon making a buck twenty feel slow on the turnpike (my experience)

Lets see what we come up with, enjoy
to be completely honest, I dont think the vehicle necessarily responsible for creating memories but the fun and happy times in those vehicles lead to memorable moments. My father had a fixed up rx7 in '99 and couple off road trucks in the 2000's; but i only remember fun times in a 2008 NIssan Pathfinder. Its What you make of it, not the vehicle.

Sponsored

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I remember everything about my friend's and family's vehicles because it's an extension of their personality. I don't think it has to have a certain "cool" factor...just has to be more than basic transportation for them.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember everything about my friend's and family's vehicles because it's an extension of their personality. I don't think it has to have a certain "cool" factor...just has to be more than basic transportation for them.
True, true, though gotta make it awesome and memorable regardless

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
True, true, though gotta make it awesome and memorable regardless
For sure...whatever that looks like for you. I'm a gearhead today because my dad and uncle always included me in whatever they were into at the time.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For sure...whatever that looks like for you. I'm a gearhead today because my dad and uncle always included me in whatever they were into at the time.
Also gonna be sure not to hand them iphones and tablets, dont want them to lose their innocence to tech like that... as I'll hand them old skool consoles instead

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have 2 that really standout one was when i was 3 or 4 yrs old no car seat in the back seat straddling the hump holding on to the back of the seats justwoke from a nap look over and mom says " Michael slow down" we were doing 115 across the desert how cool i thought.
Second was 6th grade teacher says for me and another guy my buddy to go see principal uh oh were in it now get up there and dad pulled us out of school early to go see the blue angels fly pre show at the base,top down in 67 mustang food drink laughing at the other kids as we left school...f%@king best day ever?
Sponsored