First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My neighbor had a Bronco and a Corvette. We had a Subaru station wagon. I remember the details of the neighbor rigs much more even though I spent more time in the shitbox.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't quite understand the question, are you asking what current vehicles will be remembered by the current generation of kids?
If so, I think this generation of kids will be the least enthusiastic with automobiles.
I think they're going to be more inclined to favor vehicles that go fast and don't use gasoline.
Now from a personal stand point, I love the bronco, and have loved it because it was "unstuckable".

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't quite understand the question, are you asking what current vehicles will be remembered by the current generation of kids?
If so, I think this generation of kids will be the least enthusiastic with automobiles.
I think they're going to be more inclined to favor vehicles that go fast and don't use gasoline.
Now from a personal stand point, I love the bronco, and have loved it because it was "unstuckable".
Mean when people like me or one of us have it, what will they be more inclined to remember

Doubt they'll be eco-freaks unless they're raised completely by the schools while you're relatively absentee, as my nephew just turned 7 last month and my sister says he loves watching people offroad

Originally wondered who grew up with Offroaders and Fast cars and which they remembered more

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mean when people like me or one of us have it, what will they be more inclined to remember

Doubt they'll be eco-freaks unless they're raised completely by the schools while you're relatively absentee, as my nephew just turned 7 last month and my sister says he loves watching people offroad

Originally wondered who grew up with Offroaders and Fast cars and which they remembered more
Ahhh, I got ya!

I'm sure there will still be enthusiast just not as many as in the past.
Oddly I remember one of my younger cousins posted the car he wanted a couple years back, i think he was 15..... it was literally an old Honda Civic hatchback, non tuned, none modded, just an old ass civic. It struck me as odd, something super attainable and bland, not flashy, no wow factor. Same kid never really liked playing catch with the football or played sports really. Great kid, just strange how some younger kids turned out.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Several.
- Riding with the top down on memorable trips to places their kids will only read about.
They can say "Hey when I was a teenager Dad took us there and we spent the day kayaking the Grand Canyon", or "Hey I've seen the sunset from the beach in California" or "I've seen Yellowstone."
The memories are worth more than the monetary cost.
-Wrenching on ______ vehicle. I picked up some from my dad growing up, but he was a man of very few words and not much time.
I have a shop now and make it a point to try and teach mine about things, get them to "help" at times, explaining why I am doing this or that. What does this part do and what I am doing with it in relation to the function it performs.
They may not remember it all, and probably won't. But they'll have some knowledge and remember those times.
And also remember the times I said words not typical as a wrench goes flying or I come out from under a car on a creeper like Richard Petty in the final turn with my mouth clenched shut. Or the times I am holding a bath towel to my head to stop the bleeding. :LOL:

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
For kids they love the fast and loud V8 cars and they put a huge smile on their face everytime. But the SUVs/trucks with the big tires and roaring V8s are what they are going to talk about and they will choose to ride in 9 out of 10 times.

I have both an SS sedan and an H2 in 37s, people love the SS but all I hear when vehicles are brought up or kids are around is about my Hummer.

Both make memories but the off-road trucks will win this battle for kids in my experience.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahhh, I got ya!

I'm sure there will still be enthusiast just not as many as in the past.
Oddly I remember one of my younger cousins posted the car he wanted a couple years back, i think he was 15..... it was literally an old Honda Civic hatchback, non tuned, none modded, just an old ass civic. It struck me as odd, something super attainable and bland, not flashy, no wow factor. Same kid never really liked playing catch with the football or played sports really. Great kid, just strange how some younger kids turned out.
You mean an EG?
Ford Bronco What will the kids remember more? 1602617276316

They weigh practically nothing, and once you swap in a B or K series engine and turbo it, BOOM, they'll be beastly. I'm enough of a car guy to understand the sentiment; buy a $3-4k civic, swap in an engine for another $3-4k, diy and maybe a turbo kit down the line and when you're on a track, it'll be beastly.

I got my friends kid brother into honda's with a few mags, he built a Civic Coupe and Del Sol, and had a B series civic before he gave it all up.

Personally,I'd love a CRX to K swap someday

sbledsoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dad had a 79 bronco. Two tone brown. My parents had just divorced and we would take the top off the bronco and head to the national forest fire lanes. Dad would be playing Willie nelson "blue skies" as he refilled his cup with the magical and bottomless coke in that brown paper bag under his seat. Lol those times I'll never forget and we still talk about them some 42 yrs later! I can't wait to take my grandkids out in my bronco!

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dad had a 79 bronco. Two tone brown. My parents had just divorced and we would take the top off the bronco and head to the national forest fire lanes. Dad would be playing Willie nelson "blue skies" as he refilled his cup with the magical and bottomless coke in that brown paper bag under his seat. Lol those times I'll never forget and we still talk about them some 42 yrs later! I can't wait to take my grandkids out in my bronco!
I understand the sentiment, though as I mentioned before, be my niece/nephew.

I was born too late to enjoy time with any of my uncles or aunts, they were all married with kids by the time I came around, so with the 7 & 4 yo, I'm being who I never had.

Other sisters kids... they won't even text me a hi, so while I did what I could for them, not really bothering

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My father had a crappy B210 Datsun Wagon that wouldn't turn off, my kids remember a GT500 and a CLS AMG....I think they got the better memory.

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is actually a good question. Its really a tough call. I think both types of vehicles can make memories for kids. With fast muscle cars you can take for trill rides and ice cream watch movies with fast cars and collect match boxes and models. Take them to car shows and meets.

With the Bronco you can do similar things plus go Off-roading and go on adventures most people can't even get to. Take your kids out on a Summer night with the top off and park in a field and watch the Stars. I think even just taking them for a ride with the top off will be fun. It will be like riding in a big Side by Side.

For me personally im into both Vehicles. Im definitely leaning towards the Bronco but the Dodge Challenger always calls me. I had a 2015 Scat Pack and miss it. I thought about getting a Hellcat or the Scat Pack 50th Anniversary Widebody. Its a tough call.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kids are the spawn of satan, who cares what they remember? Dogs though, they’ll remember and always love you.

Ford Bronco What will the kids remember more? 1602621000333

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember every nuance of every car my parents and grandparents owned. I remember having chicken pox and throwing up in the back of a pea green Pinto (didn't hurt the resale value). I remember sitting backwards on my knees and watching the driveshaft spin on my Dad's new flat-bed F350 as he drove home from the dealership. My family never owned a Bronco, but pretty much everything else Ford sold. I remember them all.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I remember my dad’s 69 LTD with the 390 V8. Felt like the fastest car in the world to me when I was 5 years old. Riding in the back of a country squire wagon where the rear seats faced each other. Long road trips to the black hills. Eating sandwiches in the car that mom made to save on money. Stopping to get an orange crush soda and an Ice cream cone and staying at a Howard Johnson’s motel with a pool was always a highlight. Wish my kids grew up in a simpler time like I did.

My kids have experienced luxury SUV’s Jeep Rubicon’s , gt500, Terminator cobra, GTR etc.. I regret in some ways having them not experience what it was like to be working middle class.

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love this question.

For me personally, my Dad had a 94 tan on green eddie bauer Bronco. He took me hunting in it all the time, and he let me use it as my prom transportation. Obviously it made an impact on my life, and I bought my own 94 eight years ago and still daily drive it. I used to take my two older kids offroading in it all the time. They both want it when they turn 16 and constantly ask me about the new bronco, and which one I'm getting. My oldest daughter is dead set on A51 if I pull the trigger. I also built a 69 chevelle with my father-in-law. Although that car has a special place in my heart, my girls could care less about it. They never really got to ride in it or work on it with me so to them it was just another vehicle. The Bronco however, they enjoy all the memories we've made in it and they love it. They both want their own Bronco someday, just like I did.

20151226_114331.jpg

20140503_123215.jpg
Sponsored