Superds

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, B2
Im hoping it'll have F150 towing numbers. 12klbs - 1200lbs TW. Wishful thinking I know.
I think the thing will be physically capable of towing in the 8500 lb range based on size of the vehicle and engine power but marketing/product management will restrict it to sub Ranger capacity (which is 7500 lbs), my guess would be closer to 5k lbs, maybe 6k lbs.

Advertisement

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicles
Would've been this:
rx7 17.jpg
rx7 9.jpg
rx7 13.jpg

Just sold it last week though. In the last month, I've found out that I got into grad school for an MBA, AND my wife is pregnant. Definitely excited, but sucks to see my fun stuff (besides guns) have to go (for now).
Awesome news! I’m also glad you sold the FD but I can relate to how depressing it is to see your child (my cars are always considered my children) go off on its own to a new home. One thing for sure, you can always find a new project car when the time is right. It’s been almost ten years for me and I’m finally back in the saddle. Good things are happening man, I’m glad I read through this thread.

Bigl31

First Name
Landon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer Platinum
I think the thing will be physically capable of towing in the 8500 lb range based on size of the vehicle and engine power but marketing/product management will restrict it to sub Ranger capacity (which is 7500 lbs), my guess would be closer to 5k lbs, maybe 6k lbs.
I think youre in the ballpark for what it'll be. I wouldnt expect any higher than 7500lbs if Im grounded in reality. lol

OX1

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
I think youre in the ballpark for what it'll be. I wouldnt expect any higher than 7500lbs if Im grounded in reality. lol
You guys really tow 7500 with a Ranger? I just don't see it as safe no
matter what they rate it at. Maybe at a max of 65............

Superds

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, B2
You guys really tow 7500 with a Ranger? I just don't see it as safe no
matter what they rate it at. Maybe at a max of 65............
I don’t have a Ranger, that’s just what Ford rates it at based on standard SAE test.

Creepystalker

First Name
Kc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Silverado
I tow a wakeboarding boat with my 5.3 Silverado with 4.10 gearing. It is OK, but to be honest I would prefer a diesel to tow a boat like that. I also think that my transmission was affected from the towing I was doing.

For that reason my bronco will NOT be towing the boat even if it has a 8000lb tow rating(I’m getting the 2 door so it will be even less). The only thing my bronco will
Be towing is hopefully a overland trailer in the 3500 lb range. I couldn’t imagine taking a 5000 lb trailer off road and on steep inclines.

I am going to be working in Wyoming for the next year so I will probably pick up a snowmobile and small trailer for it. 🤘🏼

OX1

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport

The Ford Bronco Will Be Revealed In...