2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same setup as with Jeep - but am debating not even getting the tow package and using my truck as the sole tow vehicle… and maybe upgrade to something bigger.

47E03FF0-6F6B-4B84-B7DB-CC3DE3B0DEBE.jpeg
But will a larger trailer get you into the dispersed camping spots or will you be forced to stay in the concrete jungles? I know the places I go even some suvs w/ rtt have issues getting to, let alone a travel trailer, long pop up or 5th wheel.
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same setup as with Jeep - but am debating not even getting the tow package and using my truck as the sole tow vehicle… and maybe upgrade to something bigger.

47E03FF0-6F6B-4B84-B7DB-CC3DE3B0DEBE.jpeg
How do you like your Intech? Is it the Chase or the Pursue?

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But will a larger trailer get you into the dispersed camping spots or will you be forced to stay in the concrete jungles? I know the places I go even some suvs w/ rtt have issues getting to, let alone a travel trailer, long pop up or 5th wheel.
Exactly my problem and why I am considering keeping it and just adding a big one for longer trips/stays. But my fleet and collection of real estate is getting out of hand - already exhausted with tracking property tax bills, insurance, and state registration…plus upkeep and maintenance to keep it all nice and running. But yeah getting to and then into the spot in my picture (from last weekend) would be impossible with a normal sticks and tin type trailer.

Last edited:

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How do you like your Intech? Is it the Chase or the Pursue?
It’s a pursue. No complaints other than the obvious lack of inside space. It is a solid little trailer for a reasonable price.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s a pursue. No complaints other than the obvious lack of inside space. It is a solid little trailer for a reasonable price.
"Solid" is a good word to hear. I was thinking of an Intech Explore so we can bring dirt bikes...

But I need to pay off the Bronco before I can buy a trailer. So tent camping remains the plan for awhile.😁😁

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't really have anything it could tow, or that I would desire to to with a Bronco as opposed to one of my trucks anyway.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Id like to pull our Pop-up once in awhile.
The Sequoia has been doing it for years.
Ford Bronco What will your Bronco be towing? 86AD5D4F-87EF-4B1C-B338-34D6E6821B49

56BD5CE2-B479-4E0D-9899-ED50D89CFB25.jpeg

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what we will be towing!!! 😁

Ford Bronco What will your Bronco be towing? RZR

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Lund. Towing weight = 1902 lbs
Ford Bronco What will your Bronco be towing? New Boat

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A few things to note and make sure they will work for you:
-dry hitch weight is listed at 390lbs, so even with it unloaded you're over on the allowable tongue weight for that BS Class II reciever
-520lb of payload is almost criminally small for a trailer that's supposed to sleep four.
-- that's 130lbs each on average, so depending on how big your family is you may actually go over its GVWR just being inside of it
-- even if your family is small (amount and/or build), you likely need to.prettyuch unload it to use it
-- this is all assuming there's no water in it. A full 20gal tank weighs 165lbs, reducing your payload to 355lbs or <90lbs each
-- if this is for a couple only then you may want to consider something with a wider main bed and no bunks. That double will start to bug you
-you can use that full payload when unhooked, but your Wildtrak is only actually rated for 3320lbs of towed weight if it's a four-door (or 3500lbs if a two-door). This leaves you with not much payload in the vehicle before hitting your GCWR, so if you are driving around your 520lb family you may be pushing that condition as well.

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A few things to note and make sure they will work for you:
-dry hitch weight is listed at 390lbs, so even with it unloaded you're over on the allowable tongue weight for that BS Class II reciever
-520lb of payload is almost criminally small for a trailer that's supposed to sleep four.
-- that's 130lbs each on average, so depending on how big your family is you may actually go over its GVWR just being inside of it
-- even if your family is small (amount and/or build), you likely need to.prettyuch unload it to use it
-- this is all assuming there's no water in it. A full 20gal tank weighs 165lbs, reducing your payload to 355lbs or <90lbs each
-- if this is for a couple only then you may want to consider something with a wider main bed and no bunks. That double will start to bug you
-you can use that full payload when unhooked, but your Wildtrak is only actually rated for 3320lbs of towed weight if it's a four-door (or 3500lbs if a two-door). This leaves you with not much payload in the vehicle before hitting your GCWR, so if you are driving around your 520lb family you may be pushing that condition as well.
Thanks for the feedback, it was great and absolutely useful! I'm not too worried about the 520lb payload while parked so long as I can stay under the GVWR while in tow. One point I didn't realize was the hitch weight and the class II limit; does the 40lb difference concern you?

Aside from the trailer I sent, any others you recommend that would be better suited for the Bronco? I'm looking for a double or queen bed with a bunk or hybrid tents pull-outs. It's my wife and I with a 12 month old and another coming soon in the future :)

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback, it was great and absolutely useful! I'm not too worried about the 520lb payload while parked so long as I can stay under the GVWR while in tow. One point I didn't realize was the hitch weight and the class II limit; does the 40lb difference concern you?

Aside from the trailer I sent, any others you recommend that would be better suited for the Bronco? I'm looking for a double or queen bed with a bunk or hybrid tents pull-outs. It's my wife and I with a 12 month old and another coming soon in the future :)
Congratulations on the little ones. The hybrids I've seen have been really heavy which was disappointing. Jayko and Wolf Pup have some nice little units that IIRC top out over 3500lbs but have a pretty low dry weight so you can just not load them all the way and still stay under your tow cap. That may keep the tongue weight down too. One thing with those is that their tables are really only for two, and we've found that a larger table is super handy for little kids. One of the ways is that in ours at least when we pulled it out there was enough room for a pack&play between the benches with only the wider set of wheels sticking out. That was a gamechanger for those two years we needed it.

For the tongue weight I'm really not sure.how far over you could comfortably go, I'm mostly worried that it's already >10% over when empty. Personally I am getting the tow package but will upgrade to a beefier hitch once one comes out aftermarket mostly for the increased tongue weight capacity. Still gotta watch that rear GAWR though.
Sponsored