Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For me, eventually, a hiker/drifter trailer. Mainly my bicycle though.

Ford Bronco What will your Bronco be towing? image-asset
Sponsored

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A single axle trailer that carries either my two ATV's or a couple of kayaks and some gear.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what will I tow?
Bowrider, Waverunner, motorcycle trailer and... yet to be purchased: a light weight overland trailer.

Like campers, many overland trailers are overbuilt with accessories that jack up the price, size, and weight. I'll likely build custom or find one that is < 1,500 pounds. Only accessories I need are battery, genset, eCooler, water tank, interior bed (no RTT), and MTB mounts. Keeping gross tow weight down and trailer width narrow will be optimal.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What’s wrong with a diesel? More more efficient in every way possible over a gasoline plus more torque. So you can pull the house off the blocks if need be?
There's nothing wrong with a diesel - I'd love one with the 7M same as you. The powertrain is not what governs towing in this vehicle though.

Sponsored

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's nothing wrong with a diesel - I'd love one with the 7M same as you. The powertrain is not what governs towing in this vehicle though.
This vehicle has the towing capacity of a geo metro. An aluminum trailer and boat/ jet skis, or steel trailer with an ATV is about its max which is odd considering it’s solid axle. Should’ve gone with a Dana 60 at minimum with option of Dana 80

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kept the rear axle and leaf springs from my 2004 Xterra, I'm going to build an offroad camping trailer around it. I'm going to try to keep the weight under 1500lbs unloaded. Fully loaded, no more than 3000lbs.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Same setup as with Jeep - but am debating not even getting the tow package and using my truck as the sole tow vehicle… and maybe upgrade to something bigger.

47E03FF0-6F6B-4B84-B7DB-CC3DE3B0DEBE.jpeg

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what will I tow?
Bowrider, Waverunner, motorcycle trailer and... yet to be purchased: a light weight overland trailer.

Like campers, many overland trailers are overbuilt with accessories that jack up the price, size, and weight. I'll likely build custom or find one that is < 1,500 pounds. Only accessories I need are battery, genset, eCooler, water tank, interior bed (no RTT), and MTB mounts. Keeping gross tow weight down and trailer width narrow will be optimal.
Yes it definitely adds up quick. My offroad trailer is 2200lb dry and comes in at 3390lbs w/ 400lbs tongue weight when fully loaded.
Sponsored