Sponsored

What would be Plan B larger vehicle for a family hauler?

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Short answer is it doesn’t exist. And yes. 4 runner is obsolete. As is GX.

I need what OP needs but sticking with the bronco. I’ll eventually outgrow it and convince wife to upgrade her commuter sedan to an XC90 or the likes. The Atlas is a good choice also.

to me the edge was also a good in betweener size wise. But IDK. For the family hauler rig I’m liking going lease with a European. I’ve realized American cars do not lease well. The bronco will probably be the first and last vehicle I purchase. 1. I always lease and never need more than 5k/yr and the lease deals are beyond offensive on bronco and 2. I don’t want to have the conversation in 3 years. I want to cling on to it regardless of its capabilities family wise. I know it doesn’t fit the bill entirely and if I were to lease I know it would be a family decision to say goodbye to the bronco in 36 mos. certainly not waiting 12+ months over 36 months of ownership

I’d kill for the bronco to be a couple inches wider and a half a foot longer. It would solve a lot of my problems. But that’s not the intended use for this vehicle.
Lol we’re all in this boat together.
sticking with my bronco too.

will get my wife a Touareg/xc90 something or other in a year
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have a Ford Expedition and absolutely love it!

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Realize I'm adding to an older thread but just in case anyone finds this as I did...

I drive a 2021 Tahoe and love it. Lots of room and space. I personally just don't view the Bronco as a primary family vehicle although I'm sure you could make it work (we made a Grand Cherokee work for a little while as a family of 5). I see the Bronco as more of a second vehicle if you have a family just like a truck would be. Alternatives for me if I were looking for something a tad bigger for interior comfort yet still with some off-road (camping, etc.) capability:

1. Tahoe / Yukon
2. Expedition (redesigned interior/info is improved)
Closer to Bronco price point:
3. 2023 Honda Pilot Trailsport looks promising
4. Grand Cherokee L
5. Explorer Timberline
6. VW Atlas or Atlas Sport?

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Expedition. The 2nd row has more leg room than the front row. Rear seats fold flat or some models delete them. My wife’s 2018 gets 19/22 mpg and is the best wind noise/roadhouse/ ride of any suv I’ve experienced.
An Expedition hauled me out of some pretty deep and gooey mud in Utah (with "mud" selected and frt/rr lockers on). So the Explorer has some reasonable off-road capability. They're popular with law enforcement--check out the LE package.

You eliminated minivans, but I got good service from a Sienna XLE-LTD before trading it in for my Badlands. The middle seat can come in a bench or captain's chairs, the latter being very roomy. And you've got lots of cargo space. Word of caution: I think Toyota is going all-hybrid; I prefer a pure ICE myself, so you might have to go used. And don't get "run-flat" tires--not worth the risk and extra expense. For me, there will never be another "run-flat" or doughnut. Nothing but an authentic spare!
Sponsored