First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco xlt 5 speed manual, 2020 f350 tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like many on this forum I have 2 door BL on order and cant get it because of the hard top issue. I have the chance to buy a 4 door black diamond while I wait and then trade it in or sell it when the 2 door arrives sometime in the next 6 months. Im not a 4 door fan but like many, Im in a position where I need a vehical asap. My other option would be another f150. What would you do?
Sponsored

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Buy the 4 door and trade it in for the 2 door when it comes is my vote

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Depends on how much you have to pay to get that four door now, what is the premium? AS long as they do not charge an arm and a leg, you should fare well if you sell it in the not too distant future to get the two door.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you're swimming in cash then the Bronco 4d might be the best return upside (maybe)? More solid long term return might be the Taco?

Depends on your appetite for risk it seems. 🤷

OP
OP

swampgoat

Badlands
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on how much you have to pay to get that four door now, what is the premium? AS long as they do not charge an arm and a leg, you should fare well if you sell it in the not too distant future to get the two door.
It would be a little under msrp

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This one is simple. Buy it then trade it on your 2 door. You won’t lose much If anything. Good luck.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd get the 4 door, next year see what it brings in the open market vs trade in (and I think there might be some tax issues to consider as well, at least in some states? Never traded in a car, so don't know about that.)

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BRONCO

Sponsored

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As long as you can recoup the down payment, taxes, and payments you made when it comes time to trade in, go for it. I would if I could find something now

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Easy choice. No regrats

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on your financial situation and how bad you need a vehicle. If you don't need an interim vehicle, can you afford the loss if the market does not cooperate? What if you don't get your Bronco for 10 months? What of nobody cares about the 4 door soft top by then and you take a 8K hit plus sales tax? If these scenarios occur and you can walk away and just say 'bummer', go for it. If you'll be hurting financially for a year, then your in the category of a gambler.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Depends on your financial situation and how bad you need a vehicle. If you don't need an interim vehicle, can you afford the loss if the market does not cooperate? What if you don't get your Bronco for 10 months? What of nobody cares about the 4 door soft top by then and you take a 8K hit plus sales tax? If these scenarios occur and you can walk away and just say 'bummer', go for it. If you'll be hurting financially for a year, then your in the category of a gambler.
Dammit frankk, adults are not invited to these conversations! Haha.

OP
OP

swampgoat

Badlands
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Good point, My current vehical needs a motor, im burning 2 liters of oil a week and my rear main started leaking this weekend so Im giving up on it. Time to send my 95 bronco down the road. The crappiest part is I sold my 2020 tremor 3 months ago for more then I paid for it becaue I figured hay, my new bronco will be here in august. I figured my 95 would last long enough. And Now just like thousands of others, no bronco until the end of the year. If Im lucky
Sponsored