Sponsored

What's Bronco missing that "high tech / lux SUVs" have?

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just out of curiosity, what kind of tech toys or luxury items (if any) are we going to be missing out on with a Bronco? Trying to settle a Christmas argument.
Sponsored

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just out of curiosity, what kind of tech toys or luxury items (if any) are we going to be missing out on with a Bronco? Trying to settle a Christmas argument.
How about a nice ride, and a quiet interior? We will have a stiff, controlled ride. Also, wind and tire noise , although to us it will sound like a pretty girl whispering in our ear.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For 2-dr buyers, they can't get power seats. Same exact seats(driver/passenger) with the leather option for 4-dr buyers. The only difference is 4-dr buyers get a glorified middle seat in the rear that is really just a center armrest. For that, they get the front seats powered. It makes no sense. In addition, the cost is the same for both 2-dr and 4-dr buyers at $2195. 2-dr buyers are not receiving the same value for the same cost. If Ford doesn't want to extend the same functionality of the driver and passenger seat to 2-dr buyers, then the cost should reflect a discount.

Another luxury item in Ford's eyes are rear console A/C vents. Can't have rear passengers comfortable. Instead, 4-dr buyers have to be content with a mold trap blowing cool air on their passenger's toes. Of course, that is a luxury that isn't afforded to 2-dr buyers. Ford is like an A/C Nazi - No rear A/C vent for you.

Last edited:

MachingBird

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How about "cooled" seats? Adjustable pedal height? Power fold mirrors? Memory features? A decked out Lux pkg. Bronco WildTrak, less everything above, is as much money as a 501A pkg. Lariat F-150 and doesn't have the capability or towing capacity of the truck. Kind of a joke really.

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You want people to list the standard and optional equipment for every single more refined SUV out there, including subjective items like interiors that the bronco doesn't match exactly? I'll just settle the bet now for you. Whichever claimed the highest number wins (even if you lump similar items together) luxury is not the purpose of this vehicle.

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If youā€™re looking for a luxury SUV that has more bells and whistles then you know where to start this isnā€™t it. I suggest looking elsewhere like BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, or Audi.

Personally, I kind of like how the Bronco doesnā€™t have all of this extra techy stuff. Half of these vehicles have so many buttons and knobs on them now a days that you canā€™t even figure out how to start it. Well, where the heck does the key go? :mad:

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

... luxury is not the purpose of this vehicle.
It isn't a debate about the purpose of the vehicle. But rather the minimum standard features that are expected when paying $50K.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I drive a luxury f150 because because I enjoy it. But other than a classier interior and dash, power seats ( and power fold mirrors which I love) the lux bronco has all the safety features on the other luxury vehicles. Of course I am ordering my bronco with all the sound deadening I can get. I am Hearing impaired and the more road noise the harder it is to hear my passengers.
I suggested to Ford power fold mirrors which fold forward but then again- who am I.
for the price of my bronco I could get a nice Lexus. But Iā€™d rather hang out with bronco people vs Lexus people.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the better question is which of these other-company luxe options are impractical for an off roader. Every electronic gizmo is something to break when off road. Break that adjustable pedals feature and youā€™re stuck in the woods or mountains with an undrivable vehicle. Rear AC vents would be nice but you need the air to be coming from somewhere - and thatā€™s a place that can get submerged in water crossings. Power seats doesnā€™t play well with washout interior. Etc etc etc.​
if I had my way, I would skip almost all that touchscreen stuff. Gimme real gauges, plus knobs I can turn. Canā€™t use a touch screen phone for streaming radio in my Edge - too fussy, canā€™t hit the right spot when driving. Thatā€™s why real radio buttons and knobs are superior. Same goes for AC controls and stuff like that.​
Bust a wire to that computerized dashboard and the features are mostly disabled because you wonā€™t be able to find them. Thatā€™s the reverse of hardened design.​
Nobody asks me. Iā€˜m a modern day Luddite. Now get off my lawn, you whippersnappers.​

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For 2-dr buyers, they can't get power seats. Same exact seats(driver/passenger) with the leather option for 4-dr buyers. The only difference is 4-dr buyers get a glorified middle seat in the rear that is really just a center armrest. For that, they get the front seats powered. It makes no sense. In addition, the cost is the same for both 2-dr and 4-dr buyers at $2195. 2-dr buyers are not receiving the same value for the same cost. If Ford doesn't want to extend the same functionality of the driver and passenger seat to 2-dr buyers, then the cost should reflect a discount.

Another luxury item in Ford's eyes are rear console A/C vents. Can't have rear passengers comfortable. Instead, 4-dr buyers have to be content with a mold trap blowing cool air on their passenger's toes. Of course, that is a luxury that isn't afforded to 2-dr buyers. Ford is like an A/C Nazi - No rear A/C vent for you.
I've not yet seen a New Bronco, but I'll just guess that the 2-door version does not have electric front seats to aid the ingress/egress of getting in the back seat. Adding electric drives to the seats slows down the ability of the seat to be quickly moved forward to gain access to the rear seat. Just a guess.

Sponsored

MachingBird

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If youā€™re looking for a luxury SUV that has more bells and whistles then you know where to start this isnā€™t it. I suggest looking elsewhere like BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, or Audi.

Personally, I kind of like how the Bronco doesnā€™t have all of this extra techy stuff. Half of these vehicles have so many buttons and knobs on them now a days that you canā€™t even figure out how to start it. Well, where the heck does the key go? :mad:
I don't mind not having ALL the "Bells & Whistles" as long as the price of the vehicle reflects that which is NOT the case with the 6G Bronco. I guess Ford took this cue from Toyota. "Deliver less, charge more".

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the better question is which of these other-company luxe options are impractical for an off roader. Every electronic gizmo is something to break when off road. Break that adjustable pedals feature and youā€™re stuck in the woods or mountains with an undrivable vehicle. Rear AC vents would be nice but you need the air to be coming from somewhere - and thatā€™s a place that can get submerged in water crossings. Power seats doesnā€™t play well with washout interior. Etc etc etc.​
if I had my way, I would skip almost all that touchscreen stuff. Gimme real gauges, plus knobs I can turn. Canā€™t use a touch screen phone for streaming radio in my Edge - too fussy, canā€™t hit the right spot when driving. Thatā€™s why real radio buttons and knobs are superior. Same goes for AC controls and stuff like that.​
Bust a wire to that computerized dashboard and the features are mostly disabled because you wonā€™t be able to find them. Thatā€™s the reverse of hardened design.​
Nobody asks me. Iā€˜m a modern day Luddite. Now get off my lawn, you whippersnappers.​
I'm not a Luddite, just prefer my tech to be in the hardware and not the software. Adding a touch screen to the vehicle just draws the driver's attention INSIDE the vehicle rather than outside where he actually should be looking. I'd buy a second Ford with this Bronco, the Mach E, but Ford had to go all Tesla with that super-screen TV hung on the dashboard...

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just sold my first gen 4 runner. I think the power seats option is eliminated on two door to allow quick exit of the vehicle from the rear seat. My 88 yota had a one push foot plate that broke the front seat forward and released lower track for the seat to go all the way against the dash giving as much room as possible for back seaters. Imagine squeezing your arm around the side and waiting 20 or 30 seconds for the seat to creep forward enough to let u out. Just my thinking. ( also every time I see u post I wonder, does this guy know how phallic ???that fort pic looks?!???

OP
OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Woah, chill out there guy! I'm with you 100%, my only difference being that I'm against the idea that the Bronco doesn't have modern features. The Audi Q that the inlaws just got doesn't really have much of anything that my WT won't include. The few it does, I'm glad the Bronco doesn't. At the end of the day I am dropping near $60k for a vehicle in the 2020s, so I do want to be sure that I'm not going back to 2010 tech wise just to hit the trails, but on my side I feel pretty satisfied.

EDIT: To add, I do think I sunk their argument when I showed them the high pack trail cam w/ the birds eye view