Sponsored

What's Bronco missing that "high tech / lux SUVs" have?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't mind not having ALL the "Bells & Whistles" as long as the price of the vehicle reflects that which is NOT the case with the 6G Bronco. I guess Ford took this cue from Toyota. "Deliver less, charge more".
You guys realize that 50-60k isn’t that expensive when you see that the average vehicle price is $41,263.00. Also when you factor in federally mandated safety equipment and the capability this thing has out of the box. None of the “luxury” vehicles everyone here are talking about have front and rear lockers, stabilizer disconnects, 35 inch tires, that stuff cost money. Anyway I’m giving up a panoramic sunroof, massage and cooled seats, but I’m gaining go anywhere capability, five seat open air no door configurability. If you bought a rover it would be twice as much and half as capable and no one in their right mind is doing this to a g-wagon
Sponsored

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like how I make a thread about the Bronco actually having a lot of luxuries and not missing much and there are pretty much only 2 replies spread over 6 pages:

1) Power/cooled seats would be nice
vs
2) OMG HOW DARE YOU! THIS IS MADE FOR OFF ROAD, LET ME CRANK MY DAMN WINDOWS DOWN AND STEP ON THE FLOOR TURN SIGNALS/WIPERS! GO BUY A LINCOLN!
I don't think your thread said what you think it said . . .

PNW_Salmon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You guys realize that 50-60k isn’t that expensive when you see that the average vehicle price is $41,263.00. Also when you factor in federally mandated safety equipment and the capability this thing has out of the box. None of the “luxury” vehicles everyone here are talking about have front and rear lockers, stabilizer disconnects, 35 inch tires, that stuff cost money. Anyway I’m giving up a panoramic sunroof, massage and cooled seats, but I’m gaining go anywhere capability, five seat open air no door configurability. If you bought a rover it would be twice as much and half as capable and no one in their right mind is doing this to a g-wagon
$50-60k more is anywhere from 25-50% more than the average price! Huge discrepancy. Especially when the features on those cheaper vehicles aren’t very expensive or hard to integrate. For example, the Bronco has the same touch screen and dash/AC/knob controls as the F150 (with a few minor adjustments of course). Can’t imagine adding vented seats would be hard as the controls are literally the same, or adding memory seats which requires a small set of buttons. Add cost and adjustments? Sure, of course.

Although I would like to say, some of the comments here are exceptionally amusing. Guy asked what lux items aren’t in the Bronco other similarity or priced SUVs have and people are losing their minds. “Grrr the BRONCO I had in the early 80s rode like crap on the road and had no creature comforts so one I’m buying for $55k is ok if it is missing modern creature comforts! I don’t mind paying more for less and getting mad when others point this out,” yes, we get it, the bronco has a lot of beefy off road tech other SUVs don’t have. But, a lot of that off road stuff you can geton a relatively lower trim and cheaper bronco. Based model with Sasquatch package gets you a capable machine for VERY fair price. The issue is with the packages Ford adds and higher trims. Leather and the ,I’d package costs what, well over $5k? Dependingon trim? The packages themselves are the issue and where it makes it hard to justifywhen compared to others. Hope that makes sense for some of the more grumpy rough and tumble people here.
An idea: since the trims themselves are already distinct, such as geared towards rock crawling or “luxury” with leather and such, why not add to that? Add a high end package that adds vented seats, memory seats, hud, what have you, charge more for it, and let it be. Ford would make more money, people wanting a mall crawler (many Broncos won’t lock their rears let’s be serious) would be comfortable, and the people here thinking the bronco offers plenty for $60k loaded are happy too. Or does this make much too much sense?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You realize there are reasons those items aren’t on a vehicle like this? Because of the convertible top and the ability to remove doors. It’s a balancing act especially when you have to balance it against a business plan that includes paying fit warranty work.

Let me point something out to you. My wife’s 112k Range Rover sport didn’t come with cooled seats. I wasn’t there the day she picked it out and she didn’t notice till after we paid for it and had it home and the HUD was another 800 bucks. The point I am trying to make is there are compromises to everything in life. Also at 60k which is the high end the bronco is 30% more expensive than the average new vehicle transaction. No where close to 50%. Also all vehicles have a manufacturing “life span” companies aren’t going to put everything on something right out of the gate or there would be nothing to add or approve upon and therefore not drive future sales. There is a lot more that factors into items put on new cars. A HUD display or cooled seats are not going to be deal breakers for the people that this car is geared toward.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. Auto wipers. It's insane this isn't offered or included standard.
  2. Homelink is not a lux thing, it is a standard thing.
  3. Forward sensing should be standard, not high+
  4. Auto stop keeps previous setting.
  5. Venting in the rear.
  6. Memory seats (meh, but I'll list it)
  7. Standard power seats (would be $$ and redesign because of water/open top)
  8. Cool seats (would be $$ and redesign because of water/open top), also tied to venting
  9. Interior matches paint, not you get orange, blue, etc.
  10. HUD (would be $$ and redesign because of water/open top)

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t imagine adding vented seats would be hard as the controls are literally the same, or adding memory seats which requires a small set of buttons. Add cost and adjustments? Sure, of course.
They can't add ventilated seats because it's an open-top (and door) vehicle.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Higher towing capacity. The GX and Defender tow markedly more.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's Bronco missing that "high tech / lux SUVs" have?

bigger wheels with thinner tires 😁
Ford Bronco What's Bronco missing that "high tech / lux SUVs" have? 20210731_112932

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

Luchz

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Software Tech Question: Mid-Lux Bronco's come with 360-Degree Camera, which is awesome. Lux Broncos have the ability to remote start, hooked up to an on-board modem. Very cool too. Can or will these be combined so Bronco owners can remote view the Bronco from the Ford App? Multiple auto makers have this as an option. I'm assuming based on whats available to Bronco owners , this is just a software upgrade ? This would be perfect for Bronco's when the Doors/Top is off. You can "check-in" on your Bronco when its parked with Roof/Doors off. Very cool. Can this happen with the Bronco?

PNW_Salmon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You realize there are reasons those items aren’t on a vehicle like this? Because of the convertible top and the ability to remove doors. It’s a balancing act especially when you have to balance it against a business plan that includes paying fit warranty work.

Let me point something out to you. My wife’s 112k Range Rover sport didn’t come with cooled seats. I wasn’t there the day she picked it out and she didn’t notice till after we paid for it and had it home and the HUD was another 800 bucks. The point I am trying to make is there are compromises to everything in life. Also at 60k which is the high end the bronco is 30% more expensive than the average new vehicle transaction. No where close to 50%. Also all vehicles have a manufacturing “life span” companies aren’t going to put everything on something right out of the gate or there would be nothing to add or approve upon and therefore not drive future sales. There is a lot more that factors into items put on new cars. A HUD display or cooled seats are not going to be deal breakers for the people that this car is geared toward.

Ignoring a few glaring errors in your post, I never mentioned deal breakers-I mentioned things it was missing in the "lux" package that others would gladly pay money for, or SHOULD be there for the price included. I know most of the things I *want* on the Bronco won't stop me from buying one in a couple years, but it also is making me wait to see what the new 4Runner will offer. Unfortunately, body on frame, true off roaders are slim pickings nowadays, and GM managed to ruin the Blazer name with a new CUV so my options are slim.

They can't add ventilated seats because it's an open-top (and door) vehicle.
I have heard this before, but feel like it is a weak excuse. Driven trucks used for work that had vented seats that worked well after years of service, dirty men sitting in them all day, muddy dogs, wet clothes, etc. Can't believe they add some of these other "luxury" items that seem questionable for an off roader but not a few others. Fair enough if they want to add them in a couple years, but people are spending lots of money for an SUV with lockers, removable tops, and other things that a lot won't use.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about a nice ride, and a quiet interior? We will have a stiff, controlled ride. Also, wind and tire noise , although to us it will sound like a pretty girl whispering in our ear.
No we do not have a stiff controlled ride. It rides better than my F150. I was talking on bluetooth and the caller thought I was parked because they didn't hear any noise. I was driving on my very rough road. That is not to say it's quiet when I'm driving fast (wind noise), but it's not bad.

As for the OPs question, I have no idea as I have never owned a fancy vehicle. This Bronco with the mid package is above what I had in my F150, so it's pretty nice to me.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have heard this before, but feel like it is a weak excuse. Driven trucks used for work that had vented seats that worked well after years of service, dirty men sitting in them all day, muddy dogs, wet clothes, etc. Can't believe they add some of these other "luxury" items that seem questionable for an off roader but not a few others. Fair enough if they want to add them in a couple years, but people are spending lots of money for an SUV with lockers, removable tops, and other things that a lot won't use.
They're not going to add it. Jeeps have never had it either. You may find it a weak excuse but it's literally the (completely legitimate) reason why.

There's a big difference between getting wet and sitting in a seat than getting rained in.

PNW_Salmon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They're not going to add it. Jeeps have never had it either. You may find it a weak excuse but it's literally the (completely legitimate) reason why.

There's a big difference between getting wet and sitting in a seat than getting rained in.
Eh, maybe. Guess we disagree on how legit the reason is. I see all this modern tech shoved in that is more or less amazing, don't see why they couldn't do the same for ventilated seats if they got creative.
Sponsored