Sponsored

What's Bronco missing that "high tech / lux SUVs" have?

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like how I make a thread about the Bronco actually having a lot of luxuries and not missing much and there are pretty much only 2 replies spread over 6 pages:

1) Power/cooled seats would be nice
vs
2) OMG HOW DARE YOU! THIS IS MADE FOR OFF ROAD, LET ME CRANK MY DAMN WINDOWS DOWN AND STEP ON THE FLOOR TURN SIGNALS/WIPERS! GO BUY A LINCOLN!
ha, yes — Bronco6g virtue signaling.
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why should Ford offer the same options as a similarly priced vehicle when thousands of people are PAYING to make a reservation on a vehicle they haven't even seen in person yet? The marketing BS might have worked and makes Ford many millions of extra dollars.
Why- because if the public sees it as as great vehicle for a great price- they’ll get another 150000 buyers in 2022,2023, 2024

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

• Power seats in 2 door with leather
  • Seat position memory for the configurations that do have power seats
  • Power adjusting and telescoping steering wheel
  • Cooled seats
  • Auto-dimming side mirrors
  • Power folding mirrors
I realize some of this stuff doesn't fit the idea with an off-road vehicle, but I'm thinking of the Outer Banks trim here.
  • LEATHER seats (Bronco looking like a whole lotta vinyl for $2195)
  • Massage seats
  • Lay flat front reclining seats
  • Lay flat folded rear seats (and you market this as a vehicle to sleep in? Come on!)
  • Power folded head rests (more common in 3 rows)
  • Intercom (more common in three rows)
  • Wireless car play/android car (unless I missed this in the new Ford sync system descriptions)
  • Blackout appearance package (though there isn’t much to blackout)
  • LED taillights standard (looking at you, BB and BD. Come on, man!)
  • Cup holders (the maxed out mid-$40k Ascent has what, 19?)
  • Fold down rear center console (only on 4 DR leather? Come on!)
  • Rear heated/ventilated seats (my almost 6(!) year old GC came trim standard with heated)
  • Rear seats that move/recline
  • Frameless rear view mirror
  • Better dash/door/cabin materials and storage/shelves
  • Rear console climate controls/vents
  • Rear seat USB/power outlets (don’t recall if Bronco has this OTT of my head)
  • Power tailgate (remember, features other $50k-60k cars have, not whether practical for the vehicle)
  • Head up display

Last edited:

Sponsored

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Massage seats
  • Lay flat folded rear seats (and you market this as a vehicle to sleep in? Come on!)
  • Wireless car play/android car (unless I missed this in the new Ford sync system descriptions)
  • Rear heated/ventilated seats (my almost 6(!) year old GC came trim standard with heated)
  • Power tailgate (remember, features other $50k-60k cars have, not whether practical for the vehicle)
  • Head up display
Good point about Apple Car Play and Android Auto. I assumed they were there. They are there on Bronco Sport. But I can't seem to confirm on Bronco.

They better be there. I have a 2015 MKZ and had a loaner 2018 MKC (now Corsair) and loved the Android Auto. It's to the point where I hate it everytime I'm dialing up Google Maps on my phone at this point. Lincoln wants me to pay $150 for a map update. GTFOOH.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Massage seats
  • Head up display
Good point about Apple Car Play and Android Auto. I assumed they were there. They are there on Bronco Sport. But I can't seem to confirm on Bronco.

They better be there. I have a 2015 MKZ and had a loaner 2018 MKC (now Corsair) and loved the Android Auto. It's to the point where I hate it everytime I'm dialing up Google Maps on my phone at this point. Lincoln wants me to pay $150 for a map update. GTFOOH.
Wireless ACP and AA are included.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/wireless-applecar-play-confirmed.9621/

Markkelly1965

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 09 Expedition, 77 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does have enough tech features for me since I’m not buying because it’s a luxury drive. I’m buying a tough ride.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally and immediately reserved the OBX because I am a techie - had a 2003 Infinity FX35 with keyless and adaptive cruise and swore I"d never have any vehicle without those. I also make CarPlay a requirement, and really like having an app that can give me status on the vehicle (and lock it remotely) as I cannot say how many times I've headed off on the bike and then wondered if I forgot to lock it.

OBX gives me all that, and judging from the Moab shots, it will handle more than anything I will ever throw at it. I live near the Pine Barrens in NJ - no rock crawling. But I would love the optional wheels (and tires) from the Badlands. I loved the early pics of the Bronco light gray interior - I don't need leather (have black leather on both vehicles now and the Z3 gets damned hot as we always have the roof down. Would like a cooler option.

Find it amazing that they are concerned about power seats on the MGV in the Badlands, but are okay to drain that water right down the vents... Just tell me I am SOL on the seats if I swamp this thing - I can handle that. The vehicles we are comparing here are essentially Jeeps and Land Rover Defenders. Would love the LR, but its a lot of money for something that is unlikely to run without a tether to a dealer for service. Bronco has a lot of good tech, but some of the choices to get it are ridiculous. And I hardly consider heated steering wheels hi-tech, but you gotta get Lux to have one...

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For folks requesting power folding mirrors: Mirrors can’t fold inward. It will interfere with opening the door. Only option for power folding mirrors would be to have them rotate towards the front of the vehicle. That would be a first.
I'll miss the power folding mirrors on my King Ranch because they narrowly miss my garage door tracks if I do not fold them in . I also like to get really close in to the drive through windows and folding them in helps . I haven't complained about the Bronco not having them because I understood where they are mounted . There are other ways around the problem of folding front to back though ;)
Ford Bronco What's Bronco missing that "high tech / lux SUVs" have? OIP

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally and immediately reserved the OBX
Find it amazing that they are concerned about power seats on the MGV in the Badlands, but are okay to drain that water right down the vents... Just tell me I am SOL on the seats if I swamp this thing - I can handle that.
You can handle that...but people who intend to run them hard, or like knowing that they can might not. So you have your OBX with power and leather, and I have the perfect interior for me...MGV and hose out. That hose out feature is a LOT more sought after based on what people talk about on here than power seats on a topless 4x4. If I wants power seats I can buy any 25k sedan or crap mini SUV....I can only get wash out and MGV if I buy a Bronco. I’ll take that.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can handle that...but people who intend to run them hard, or like knowing that they can might not. So you have your OBX with power and leather, and I have the perfect interior for me...MGV and hose out. That hose out feature is a LOT more sought after based on what people talk about on here than power seats on a topless 4x4. If I wants power seats I can buy any 25k sedan or crap mini SUV....I can only get wash out and MGV if I buy a Bronco. I’ll take that.
I'm not denying or denigrating what anyone wants! I was simply commenting on the odd combos and sacrifices people have to make to get what they want. I'd like to think that if I am willing to pay for it, that I could get what I want, but apparently not. I'm leaning to the Badlands as I can get most of it, and I don't want the power seats for moving them around - it is pretty much where it will be. I would like lumbar support (yeah, I'm 61) and I love the MGV, but would like it in a couple color options so it doesn't burn up - and I don't live in the South or Southwest where they really do need that.

This is all about personal choice, and I will be giving a "nod" to every Bronco I cross out there. And maybe after Roadeo I'll learn about rock-crawling and go find some to conquer, but for now, I just want to take it wherever I want, in roofless splendor! The dogs are really gonna love it

1TNgirl

Wildtrak
First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've not yet seen a New Bronco, but I'll just guess that the 2-door version does not have electric front seats to aid the ingress/egress of getting in the back seat. Adding electric drives to the seats slows down the ability of the seat to be quickly moved forward to gain access to the rear seat. Just a guess.
Not necessarily true. My 2013 Chrysler 200 hardtop convertible had power heated seats and a quick release on the back of the seat to immediately move forward and then it goes right back where the setting was. Not that complicated. Just Ford being lazy I think ?

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am pretty sure most XL trimmed truck and vans, and WT trimmed Chevy trucks and vans, all get hose out interior lol. It’s literally a rubber mat floorboard and vynil seats, Ford just found a way for you to think it’s special. Every white paint truck in America has the same interior.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am pretty sure most XL trimmed truck and vans, and WT trimmed Chevy trucks and vans, all get hose out interior lol. It’s literally a rubber mat floorboard and vynil seats, Ford just found a way for you to think it’s special. Every white paint truck in America has the same interior.
No they don’t. That’s absurd. It’s a lie. Show me where they claim them to be hose out...or have drains...or MGV. Let’s have it.
Sponsored