Sponsored

What's Bronco missing that "high tech / lux SUVs" have?

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Super cool story dude. You don’t have to buy it. I want it...like many others, it is clearly a good thing to have in a vehicle like this.
He didn't say it's not a good thing, he said it's not new.

You can’t grasp the concept and think it’s your pappy’s vinyl interior,
Of course it's not vinyl, it's MARINE GRADE VINYL. Just like the F150 comes with MILITARY GRADE ALUMINUM.

Ford Bronco What's Bronco missing that "high tech / lux SUVs" have? origin

Like @ramblinwreck said, it's all marketing. That doesn't mean it's not good or that you shouldn't want it. But no one other than Ford has driven it yet. No one has tested the water-proofness or the long term durability of it yet. But you're here defending it to the death and claiming all sorts of things that no one really knows, all based on marketing.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree that most will be casual buyers...but they are not in a tricky spot. They have a perfect business case to look at in Wrangler. Everyone buys Wrangler because of what it is...an off road open air vehicle. That is whether they are off roader a or not, and just want the image. If Jeep had watered that down and tried to cater, they would have lost them both and Wrangler would be long gone. Instead, they stuck to their principles, didn’t compromise, and it sells like crazy. Amazingly well. If Ford weakens their offering to cater...then you have something no one wants. People will buy Bronco for 1) Image 2) Capability....whether they ever use it or not. No one is buying it for power seats, and people who were really going to buy one to begin with aren’t skipping it because of a lack of power seats.
Well if you look at some of the hostility towards the 4 door models and trims like Sahara and outer banks some people would say those are watered down lol.

The point about powered seats is its 2020. Yes no one is buying it for powered seats, and yeah I'm not skipping it because itnlacks it. my point is this is going to be the most expensive vehicle I ever bought in my life and its not going to have something 20k economy cars I've owned have had. That to me is just a tough pill to swallow.

When I said lean more towards the casual buyer I was talking more about things like the power seats, stuff that is standard in a ton of cars especiallyin the street oriented trims. Just saying that there seems to be some things they missed on is all.

Example wrangler offers a cold weather package for heated steering wheel on most trims, also offers a convenience pack with universal garage door opener. Bronco can't get that till you get to the lux package. Thats the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Those are the types of things that cater to the casual buyer

Last edited:

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I said lean more towards the casual buyer I was talking more about things like the power seats
Enjoy your weak, soft carpet, you weak softie. I'll be ramping over the Grand Canyon Evel Knievel-style with my strong, industrious, hardened rubber floors.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like I said in another post, heated seats are not going to keep you warm on a cool night with the top and doors off.
I would beg to differ on that, but sure probably not for everybody. And depends what ya mean by “cool” night(plenty people I know would consider 65 degrees as a cool night). I’ve regularly driven convertibles with the top down as low as 40 degrees out(once or twice even below freezing), both with and without heated seats and the heated seats def make a big difference. I also own a motorcycle with a heated seat and have ridden in well below freezing temps. Though for that low on a bike I do also have heated jacket/gloves/pants. But at like 50-60 degrees even just the seat does pretty good. And on a bike 60 degrees can actually get pretty chilly when the suns down and you’re moving at 50mph or more, know a few riders that won’t even ride below like 65 degrees. The broncos got heat to come out the vents and the whole front end blocking the brunt of the wind so likely warmer than the bike even with top and doors off. I’d have no problem roofless and doorless on a cool night with heated seats. Without heated seats I’d probably have the doors on, but still likely roof off.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For folks requesting power folding mirrors: Mirrors can’t fold inward. It will interfere with opening the door. Only option for power folding mirrors would be to have them rotate towards the front of the vehicle. That would be a first.
They should fold Lamborghini door style!

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would beg to differ on that, but sure probably not for everybody. And depends what ya mean by “cool” night(plenty people I know would consider 65 degrees as a cool night). I’ve regularly driven convertibles with the top down as low as 40 degrees out(once or twice even below freezing), both with and without heated seats and the heated seats def make a big difference. I also own a motorcycle with a heated seat and have ridden in well below freezing temps. Though for that low on a bike I do also have heated jacket/gloves/pants. But at like 50-60 degrees even just the seat does pretty good. And on a bike 60 degrees can actually get pretty chilly when the suns down and you’re moving at 50mph or more, know a few riders that won’t even ride below like 65 degrees. The broncos got heat to come out the vents and the whole front end blocking the brunt of the wind so likely warmer than the bike even with top and doors off. I’d have no problem roofless and doorless on a cool night with heated seats. Without heated seats I’d probably have the doors on, but still likely roof off.
I elaborated more in a different thread, but have two convertibles now, one with heated and one without heated seats. I'm a life long motorcyclist 40+ years and rode a lot in my youth in the snow on dirt bikes, and rode year round in my 20's to college in the mid Atlantic. And I owned a YJ for 14 years with plenty of door/top off travel at night. Any extended travel without doors and a top in cool weather will be uncomfortable even with seat heating on.

As a person ages, his tolerance for cold decreases. I'd bet most Bronco owners are over 40. They'll try the heated seats with top/doors off a few times and then not.

Last edited:

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rear climate control.
Rear cup holders.
Rear heated seats.

Basically the whole rear seat experience in 4-door is sub-par for the price range.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have anything specific to add, but for the detractors of this thread, I have had similar debates with myself.

Judging from pictures alone, I feel that jumping from my 2010 Tacoma into a 2022 Bronco (at twice the price) isn't going to feel like much of a tech/interior upgrade, minus the screen.

Including all of the Bronco delays, this concern is my only real problem with the Bronco... and it isn't really that great of a problem, just an annoyance.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I adamantly hate leather (heat) after being stuck with it for 10 years so I'll be going cloth on the Bronco, but the idea of cooled seats sounds pretty sweet. I had no idea that existed.
Cool seats will have you constantly checking your pants, feeling like you just wet yourself.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easier to just go yourself to the website of the Lux SUV builders and see what's available and then ask yourself it that's something you can get on a Bronco (or Wrangler). For an actually capable SUV like MB's G-wagen you can start with a twin-turbo V-8, massaging and ventilated seats, 3 locking differentials, an actual high-end audio system, . . . Now, do even 1% of G owners actually use the hard core off-road capabilities of the G? Doubtful, but so what - it's their money. If the focus is really on the "Lux" for things that are technically SUV's but really not designed to be seriously off-roaded (yeah, not a word, I don't care) take a gander at what Bentley, Rolls, Aston Martin and Lambo are offering. Hell, even Ferrari is developing an SUV - Enzo must be so proud. :rolleyes:

Amubu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How about a feature where you order a vehicle, and it's actually delivered in the same model year that you reserved it for
Sponsored