Sponsored

What's Bronco missing that "high tech / lux SUVs" have?

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On second thought, I would like the option of one of the AUX switches to be able to launch a drone to fly ahead and scout the road ahead and display it in my 12 inch screen. Then, it comes back and lands in its cradle to recharge to get ready for the next mission.
Sponsored

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On second thought, I would like the option of one of the AUX switches to be able to launch a drone to fly ahead and scout the road ahead and display it in my 12 inch screen. Then, it comes back and lands in its cradle to recharge to get ready for the next mission.
Ford Bronco What's Bronco missing that "high tech / lux SUVs" have? Spinner-2049-Finished-1

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any high tech/luxury features on the Bronco are just a bonus. None of it should be expected.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No they don’t. That’s absurd. It’s a lie. Show me where they claim them to be hose out...or have drains...or MGV. Let’s have it.
Did you ever take a marketing class in school? About all automotive grade vinyl is water and sun resistant already.

And work trucks and vans are certainly all hose out if they have rubber floors. People have been washing work truck floor boards out with hoses where I live for decades....this is not an new concept except to naive people who don’t know any better lol.

Jeep’s have had drain plugs for as long as I remember too. This is literally just the marketing team taking old ideas and making them seem new and special.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you ever take a marketing class in school? About all automotive grade vinyl is water and sun resistant already.

And work trucks and vans are certainly all hose out if they have rubber floors. People have been washing work truck floor boards out with hoses where I live for decades....this is not an new concept except to naive people who don’t know any better lol.

Jeep’s have had drain plugs for as long as I remember too. This is literally just the marketing team taking old ideas and making them seem new and special.
Super cool story dude. You don’t have to buy it. I want it...like many others, it is clearly a good thing to have in a vehicle like this. You can’t grasp the concept and think it’s your pappy’s vinyl interior, then rock your power seats and carpet with pride in whatever you end up buying.

Sponsored

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll miss the power folding mirrors on my King Ranch because they narrowly miss my garage door tracks if I do not fold them in . I also like to get really close in to the drive through windows and folding them in helps . I haven't complained about the Bronco not having them because I understood where they are mounted . There are other ways around the problem of folding front to back though ;)
OIP.jpg
Hadn’t considered that. They could even fold downwards into a secret door and completely disappear.

Last edited:

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Heated, cooled, massaging seats (didn’t know I needed cooled seats til I drove my dad’s grand Cherokee, never had massaging ones but...)

Heated rear seats

Rear view camera that projects in the interior rear view mirror (ala new Defender)

Heads up display

Last edited:

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was the first person in this thread to bring up power folding mirrors. To be clear, I was not requesting them. I was just answering the OP: identifying lux features are on other luxury vehicles that aren't available on the Bronco.

I have them now on my MKZ. I rarely use them.
I used them all the time on an Acadia. It was was the only tech on that POS that worked.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Missing luxury options :

1. ventilated seats. It’s honestly rediculous this is not included with the $2200 up charge for leather trimmed vynil on a $60k truck.
2. Built in keyless entry pad using hidden buttons.
3. insulated glass.Every little bit helps, and it’s a standard thing on cars in this price range.
Except most cars do not have removable roof panels that have to be carried off by the person removing them. Insulated auto safety glass is heavy.

Sponsored

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It isn't a debate about the purpose of the vehicle. But rather the minimum standard features that are expected when paying $50K.
It is the debate.
Otherwise you should also ask what off-roading capabilities do you expect from a 50k (convertible) SUV...

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You can handle that...but people who intend to run them hard, or like knowing that they can might not. So you have your OBX with power and leather, and I have the perfect interior for me...MGV and hose out. That hose out feature is a LOT more sought after based on what people talk about on here than power seats on a topless 4x4. If I wants power seats I can buy any 25k sedan or crap mini SUV....I can only get wash out and MGV if I buy a Bronco. I’ll take that.
Thats where ford is in the tricky spot of catering to the enthusiasts and also the common buyer. Whether any one wants to admit or not there will be more casual buyers then enthusiasts and Ford needs to lean more towards the casual buyer if they want the bronco to stick around.

To the power seats thing, I get it on the washout interior versions. But my 46k OBX doesn't have a washout interior and it also doesn't have power seats unless I spring another 2100 for the leather. Thats where my problem is, to me thats an oversight

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats where ford is in the tricky spot of catering to the enthusiasts and also the common buyer. Whether any one wants to admit or not there will be more casual buyers then enthusiasts and Ford needs to lean more towards the casual buyer if they want the bronco to stick around.

To the power seats thing, I get it on the washout interior versions. But my 46k OBX doesn't have a washout interior and it also doesn't have power seats unless I spring another 2100 for the leather. Thats where my problem is, to me thats an oversight
This

Something doesn't sit right with the 4 door not having power seats unless you go leather. The obx is the best example of this

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree that most will be casual buyers...but they are not in a tricky spot. They have a perfect business case to look at in Wrangler. Everyone buys Wrangler because of what it is...an off road open air vehicle. That is whether they are off roader a or not, and just want the image. If Jeep had watered that down and tried to cater, they would have lost them both and Wrangler would be long gone. Instead, they stuck to their principles, didn’t compromise, and it sells like crazy. Amazingly well. If Ford weakens their offering to cater...then you have something no one wants. People will buy Bronco for 1) Image 2) Capability....whether they ever use it or not. No one is buying it for power seats, and people who were really going to buy one to begin with aren’t skipping it because of a lack of power seats.
Sponsored