Sponsored

What's everyone doing with their antenna?

Badlux

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Knew this girl, had an abusive boyfriend. One day they had a blowout fight while traveling in his van. At one point he ripped the antenna off and beat her with it. Later I learned she died of Van-Aerial disease !
Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went with the CravenSpeed stubby. Theyā€™re about $25 and come in a few different lengths/flavors.

A10969D7-4164-4D32-9DBF-85C3DBAAA451.jpeg
I returned this one - it decreased reception by 90%
So I bought a Cravenspeed Stubby for my F150, so I wouldnā€™t have to take it off to go through the car wash. Well, I couldnā€™t get AM reception at all (I like to listen to sports radio sometimes), and on FM, a couple of stations were sketchy (and yes, I still listen to radio. Sue me). I was about to return it, but I thought Iā€™d try it on the Bronco. Turns out, it works fine. Go figure. So Iā€™ll just keep it, but I still need something for my truck.

Reviews, as usual, are all over the map. Every antenna out there gets some reviews that say they work perfectly, as well as people who say itā€™s crap. Some people will tell you it fits their vehicle, while others will say the same antenna doesnā€™t fit. In reality, thereā€™s no reason a Bronco antenna wouldnā€™t work on a late model F150, and vice-versa, beacuse they use the exact same mount - female 1/4-20 thread on the vehicle.

Ideally, I would like a fairly short, flexible antenna that still gets halfway decent reception. Anyone have any suggestions? (And for those of you who like the stock antenna, and/or donā€™t listen to radio, Iā€™m happy for you, but you neednā€™t reply. Thanks.)

Sassy BD

Black Diamond
First Name
DD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Grand Wagoneer, 16 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Builtright seems to work fine.

TheRealJyushi

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigvalleyford.biz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BuiltRight Industries Stubby Antenna. Came free with their License Plate Bracket as an apology for the shipping delays.

Ford Bronco What's everyone doing with their antenna? 1642721436270

Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I bought a Cravenspeed Stubby for my F150, so I wouldnā€™t have to take it off to go through the car wash. Well, I couldnā€™t get AM reception at all (I like to listen to sports radio sometimes), and on FM, a couple of stations were sketchy (and yes, I still listen to radio. Sue me). I was about to return it, but I thought Iā€™d try it on the Bronco. Turns out, it works fine. Go figure. So Iā€™ll just keep it, but I still need something for my truck.

Reviews, as usual, are all over the map. Every antenna out there gets some reviews that say they work perfectly, as well as people who say itā€™s crap. Some people will tell you it fits their vehicle, while others will say the same antenna doesnā€™t fit. In reality, thereā€™s no reason a Bronco antenna wouldnā€™t work on a late model F150, and vice-versa, beacuse they use the exact same mount - female 1/4-20 thread on the vehicle.

Ideally, I would like a fairly short, flexible antenna that still gets halfway decent reception. Anyone have any suggestions? (And for those of you who like the stock antenna, and/or donā€™t listen to radio, Iā€™m happy for you, but you neednā€™t reply. Thanks.)
I put this antenna on my truck and it works good. Loses a little from the stock one but I listen to FM station daily and it is 52 miles away. I tried the craven and could not pick up the station at all.
Rydonair 13ā€

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I put this antenna on my truck and it works good. Loses a little from the stock one but I listen to FM station daily and it is 52 miles away. I tried the craven and could not pick up the station at all.
Rydonair 13ā€
Good to know. I've seen that one mentioned before and wondered if it was any good. I'll put that one on my short list... šŸ‘

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I use a shorty antenna around town. Put factory back on for road trips.
I could see that. Or, for that matter, just keep the stocker stowed somewhere in the vehicle just in case you need it...

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Knocking sparrows out of the air.......one flew up from the side of the freeway, clipped the top the antenna with a solid "thonk" and at 75mph it was Bronco Antenna 1, Sparrow 0. Like bullseyeing womp rats with a T-16........

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Knew this girl, had an abusive boyfriend. One day they had a blowout fight while traveling in his van. At one point he ripped the antenna off and beat her with it. Later I learned she died of Van-Aerial disease !
That would explain why he wanted to hit her.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@cigartexan how did this antenna work out for you?
So far so good. Still evaluating, gotta drive out in the sticks some more. My AM improved for sure! FM in the SA area is also great, I even get a couple Austin stations I could not before.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All my vehicles have their antenna mast unceremoniously unscrewed and a 1/4-20 button head cap screw threaded as a replacement. I bring all my audio to the head unit via phone or tablet. I will not abide terrestrial interference.

adk749

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All my vehicles have their antenna mast unceremoniously unscrewed and a 1/4-20 button head cap screw threaded as a replacement. I bring all my audio to the head unit via phone or tablet. I will not abide terrestrial interference.
What app/apps do you use to pull your radio?
Sponsored