Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As an early day 1 reservation, and #4 of my dealer's allocation, I'd had expected to be one of the first. But my "Wildtrack" order stacks the deck against me. I didn't get a build date last month, and from the ongoing announcement about shortages, I'm skeptical that I'll get a build date email this month.

And that's when real frustration is going to set in for many, many people.

Few people assumed that they would be in the first wave, but a LOT of people expected to get into the second month (july build), which means August delivery. But if that fails, which now seems likely, all these people will now be looking at September as the earliest possible delivery. And that means summer is over, hard tops matter more, and 2022 is only a few months away.

I predict that next week, when a lot of people will let down again, they will start becoming more active about pushing to MY2022 to take advantage of the improvements to the car/options/accesories.

What happened to that email that everyone was supposed to get in May telling us when we should expect our car to be built?
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It means Ford isn't telling the public the entire story so they don't scare investors. There are still 2 weeks left in May before Ford is no longer in good faith with most buyers, considering most dealers took a deposit, as did Ford, they will have a responsibility to deliver as promised or make good. But not until then. Investors are their top priority.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're probably one of the last people who should be panicking about this, but... here we are.

You're #4 at your dealer and if all 3000ish dealers got their first four built in the same time period that would be 12,000 Broncos and yours could be #12,000. They haven't built or scheduled 12,000 Broncos yet. Please, be patient.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What happened to that email that everyone was supposed to get in May telling us when we should expect our car to be built?
I was recently wondering this myself... We all know most are getting pushed back and likely won't get a build email the next 2 Thursdays. So will Ford sent out another email updating us? So far we got points & a headliner... What are we gonna get for free this time?

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I mean, Ford is still at least within their initial communications window for having everything notified 'by may'. Have to at least give them credit for that.

But given how much progress we're all collectively seeing, I'm really starting to wonder how much they're sweeping under the rug to not anger all the res holders, or as mentioned above, spook investors.

I'm still fully expecting to get at least SOME kind of communication by the end of may, no matter how disappointing the content of it is.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I already did the next step. Bought a new truck. I am same as you.. #4 at a large dealer, very early day 0 reservation (about 2 hours from launch).

I have a 2.7 4 door Badlands/squatch with lux and leather on order. I purchased a Ranger Tremor and after seeing the bronco today, they are incredibly similar vehicles.. which makes sense, since they both use the Ranger platform. A lot of shared components.

That’s a good thing - my ranger tremor does amazing off-road and it’s a baby compared to the bronco.

I’m not expecting my Bronco until MAAAAAYBE last month of 21 model year at this rate. At best. I’m thinking I’ll be a 22 despite being super early to order.

Midlife Crisis

Badlands
First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing my 86 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May isn't over. There are still 14 days left in this month. I don't think some of you are gonna last.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the words of Ace Ventura..... if I'm not back in 15 minutes....wait longer.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was recently wondering this myself... We all know most are getting pushed back and likely won't get a build email the next 2 Thursdays. So will Ford sent out another email updating us? So far we got points & a headliner... What are we gonna get for free this time?
When do we get the points my account still shows nada I think we have to take delivery first for the points to be added

Last edited:

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would settle for them to extend (and keep) the promise that no dealer stock would be made until all the reservations are completed (within reason), not just the 2021 MY ones they make. I am not holding my breath though. I recommended giving up and as there is really nothing to be done on our end that will speed the process. Once you give up and let the malaise wash over you, there is no stress, just a chuckle each time Ford reinterprets the process. My prediction is that they give dealers three units a week as stock in 2022 and work on the reservations after that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Captain obvious - it's gonna get increasingly frustrating seeing people driving around in soft tops for the next 5 months, owned by people who placed their reservations months after I did. Arghhh.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Day 0 reservation, #2 allocation at a dealer with 152 orders and 39 allocations. Loaded OBX sasquatch MIC top. They have already been assigned 11 builds, with 28 allocations left.

Now with priority builds getting polished off on this weeks announcement, and moving on to more non FEs for the following announcement, it will then become a race to not get skipped by enough people to get you kicked off the 2021 dealer allocation list. I could easily see 10+ of the next assigned builds going to later simpler / soft top builds. Does that become 20? Or all of the remaining 28? That's the question.

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7/14 reservation. I switched to a soft top yesterday on my Lux 2.3/7MT non-sas Badlands to get as non-constrained as I could.

If I don't get an email in the next three weeks, I'm going back in and adding 2.7/auto and Sasquatch.
Sponsored