Sponsored

What's the issue with Webasto exactly? (ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrownCityMisfit

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus, Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1. company run by morons
2. Ford is run by fucking idiots
3. people are worthless and don't want to work.
If you truly feel that way, it makes zero sense to give them a penny of your hard earned money. And if you do, who's to blame then?
Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
1. company run by morons
2. Ford is run by fucking idiots
3. people are worthless and don't want to work.

MANY of us regardless of when we ordered are going to get fucked out of a 2021 because of the above.
1. Maybe
2. Really over 100 years old...but ok
3.. people are worth more and will not work like a dog for what these companies want to pay.

SO, don't blame the people, the companies are the ones who make the choice to outsource for a lower wage and lower the wages themselves. It was all a choice they made. Now they have to live with it and so do their customers, So maybe point 2 is valid after all.

Maine-Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger XLT 4x4, 2018 Fusion Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Original Bronco had HORRIBLE water leaks. Maybe someone at Ford remembers, and does not want to repeat?
I owned a '66 and the hard top never leaked. Not once. Ever. It was solid and sealed like King Tut's tomb when bolted down.
Just sayin'

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They cut it way too close, probably share price related. Penny pinching over going over and above and making sure they hit a home run.
Period.
As soon as Ford knew about when Webasto was planning warehouse assembly (RIGHT before launch), they should have had a back up plan.
In fact, Webasto probably bid on this contract, no?
So who did they bid against?
Webasto fails to meet needs, Ford reworks the contract and sub contracts to other providers, to MEET DEMAND.

why was the bronco sport released no problem?

why are there 2021 wranglers with white hard tops on lots now?

seriouslt, way to be on the right side of history, how dare you take the side of a huge arrogant builder? Please.
I donā€™t understand what you are saying. There is no alternate supplier now. I donā€™t disagree Ford screwed up. They made mistakes on several fronts, including chip orders and how they treat suppliers in general. Many of the auto manufacturers have worked in a similar fashion and now Ford, among others, are paying a price. They are working to correct the Webasto issue through very direct investment and control of the process at Webastoā€™s plant. I am not on any side other than wanting my Bronco. I donā€™t think itā€™s helpful to speculate and manufacture conspiracy theories from a place of emotion or ignorance. I donā€™t know all the details, but I have paid attention, live in metro Detroit, often run across people working inside the industry and occasionally directly on the Bronco or for Webasto. I have followed Ford and the industry closely most of my life. I am sharing my knowledge and perspective, limited and biased as it is. Others may have specific knowledge or details they can share. I am open to listen and understand.

Last edited:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I owned a '66 and the hard top never leaked. Not once. Ever. It was solid and sealed like King Tut's tomb when bolted down.
Just sayin'
My 1990 didnā€™t either, but the top was pretty simple and more of a bed cap on that generation šŸ™‚ They were notorious for not sealing if you removed the top regularly on those models.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford runs a JIT process therefore vendors would know this and contracts would be established . I still suspect the forecast was missed by a lot and Ford has stated investing millions to upscale it. Do I think there are other factors applying pressure sure, but Ford tried to delay as much to get the pipeline going and here we are.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just sayin'
I bet that windshield frame leaked though. šŸ˜‚

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My recollection of BroncoGuy's participation on this forum is quite different than yours, but I freely admit that I didn't see everything that occurred. However, if you really insulted him -- you did say, "we", didn't you? ;) -- and I simply missed it, then you shouldn't have done so, and hopefully you learned from the experience. šŸ˜œ

All kidding aside, what I remember about BroncoGuy was a person who publicly stated that he worked at Webasto and wanted to be acknowledged as an expert, without being challenged about the source of his insider knowledge. He frequently got annoyed when people didn't immediately accept his claims, and posted about how frustrating that was for him.

Let's be frank... he was walking a tightrope, acting as an expert with inside information, but also trying to maintain anonymity on social media, when he was likely putting his job at risk by posting inside information often critical about his employer's product on a public forum in violation of the supplier's &/or buyer's policies.

Towards the end of his membership, he got into a pissing match with a well-known member and MAP employee. His comments were both critical and insulting, questioning whether this member even worked at MAP or had any knowledge or influence on the subject matter. Shortly thereafter, his account and posting history vanished in a puff of smoke.
Another classic post by you my friend. Truly cooking with grease out of the can on the stove brother.

That's about the best and thorough of an explanation of that entire "thing" as one could expect.

You could be a journalist. He was giving us smoke signals late last year and I guess we didn't want to accept it. He said a lot more also, but, yeah.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.