Sponsored

What's the part number for black Bronco tailgate emblem?

OP
OP
Compta38

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was it easy to remove the existing badge? Only double sided tape and you can pull off w nothing inside the tailgate you need to get behind. Thanks
there is only double sided tape on new emblem so I assume it's just heat up the old badge a little and use the fishing line or dental floss behind it to remove. I don't have my Bronco yet but it seems straightforward.
Sponsored

Bronco Hink

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
there is only double sided tape on new emblem so I assume it's just heat up the old badge a little and use the fishing line or dental floss behind it to remove. I don't have my Bronco yet but it seems straightforward.
Thank you! I appreciate! Iā€™m guessing if itā€™s that way the Ford emblem is probably the same. Thanks!!

OP
OP
Compta38

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you! I appreciate! Iā€™m guessing if itā€™s that way the Ford emblem is probably the same. Thanks!!
The Ford emblem has 2 pins or something. There is a thread here somewhere that somebody removed and painted theirs.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just attempted ordering this emblem last night from Ford parts online, and the order immediately went though, only to be cancelled this morning due to a "national backorder" from the manufacturer. Bummer.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered mine from my dealer ($31.94+tax), had it the next week when I went to pick up my Bronco! Replaced it easy, used a little heat and floss to remove the old one, came off easy. New one went right on. I just taped all around the old one before removing it so I could line up the new one.

Interesting that the new Black one is not as heavy or 'solid' as the Silver one that came off. Still looks WAY better with the Black one and I am glad I swapped them!
Ford Bronco What's the part number for black Bronco tailgate emblem? PXL_20211014_002215692
Ford Bronco What's the part number for black Bronco tailgate emblem? PXL_20211014_004000423

Sponsored
OP
OP
Compta38

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered mine from my dealer ($31.94+tax), had it the next week when I went to pick up my Bronco! Replaced it easy, used a little heat and floss to remove the old one, came off easy. New one went right on. I just taped all around the old one before removing it so I could line up the new one.

Interesting that the new Black one is not as heavy or 'solid' as the Silver one that came off. Still looks WAY better with the Black one and I am glad I swapped them!
Ford Bronco What's the part number for black Bronco tailgate emblem? PXL_20211014_004000423
I was wondering how I was going to line up the new one. I love the tape thing, brilliant and simple. Did the old one leave any residue and did you use hair dryer or heat gun?

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering how I was going to line up the new one. I love the tape thing, brilliant and simple. Did the old one leave any residue and did you use hair dryer or heat gun?
I used the heat gun a little, and some floss, but I think fishing line would work better. Badge came right off, but most of the tape was left on the Bronco. I just pulled that off by hand, easy enough. Then cleaned the area with some detailing spray and stuck on the new one.
It went better than I expected, and the tape worked out slick for lining it up.

OP
OP
Compta38

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used the heat gun a little, and some floss, but I think fishing line would work better. Badge came right off, but most of the tape was left on the Bronco. I just pulled that off by hand, easy enough. Then cleaned the area with some detailing spray and stuck on the new one.
It went better than I expected, and the tape worked out slick for lining it up.
Thanks, I've heard how easy the fender badges are to remove but I think you're the first that's posted about the bronco. I'll keep your posts in mind the month of Foreveruary when my Bronco arrives.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hoping this badge had guide pins since I'll be removing mine for full PPF.

Does anyone know of a template out there for positioning?

OP
OP
Compta38

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was hoping this badge had guide pins since I'll be removing mine for full PPF.

Does anyone know of a template out there for positioning?
I'm interested as well but you might have to make one yourself or take alot of pictures and eyeball it

Sponsored

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm interested as well but you might have to make one yourself or take alot of pictures and eyeball it
I'm thinking I may just skip the tailgate. Just looking to protect it from trail stripes

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And for folks like me interested in the chrome one, the part number is M2DZ-9942528-A

Katehilmes

Big Bend
First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For what its worth - I couldnā€™t find a bucking bronco anywhere that didnā€™t have insane shipping costs. Plus, I wanted matte black instead of gloss black. I asked my dealer and he said heā€™d paint it for me. I figured if we were going that route, Iā€™d just dip mine.
I have a 2022 shadow black big bend. I swapped the fender badges for the Bronco Script badges from Bronco Depot USA - theyā€™re matte black as well.
I could not be more pleased with how it turned out. Its not a permanent solution, I know that. But I donā€™t mind it for now until a find a matte black emblem that doesnā€™t cost $15 in shipping šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«
Sponsored