Sponsored

What's the point of First Editions?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9490
  • Start date
  • Watchers 10

Deleted member 9490

I am struggling with keeping my FE with the lack of anything that makes the trim unique. What is the point of getting a first edition when I can spec a badlands in a copy cat FE build and its ~$3k less?

4-door First edition ~$64k (includes destination and fees)
4-door Badlands w/ sasquatch, MIC top, leather, 2.7L, 10-speed, luxe package ~$61k (includes destination and fees)
Sponsored

Sponsored

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You didnt spec the same build, thats your problem. Its impossible to spec the same build. Dont forget the cost of the door bags, roof bags, hood and door graphics, painted grill, painted mirror caps, painted door handles, appearance package (black bronco/beauty rings). There is no FE tax, its all there. The real question is do you want any of that stuff enough to pay for it.

Last edited:

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as we know ford isn't giving them a unique build number which is unfortunate. They are all going to be 1 of 7000. If they did the collectability(?) Would be more significant IMHO.

As stated above, just because lightning blue is unique to the bronco doesn't make it unique. Ford used to have actual unique colors for special editions like the '96 Mystic Mustang and the '04 Mystichrome Mustang (which were also individually numbered).

But who knows. I've seen cars sell at auction for $$$ just due to the rare option combos even though the car was a relative POS.

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It didnt make sense to me either. Had they made the FE with some truly special options, LIKE A WHITE TOP or something that greatly reduces its commonality, then, sure maybe why not.. but as it is? FUCK NO! I think FORD's team dropped the ball on the release. With confusing reveal trucks, confusing leaks etc etc. Thats my opinion. As of the last few years, I am mystified as to how certain people keep or have the jobs they do. In all industries! People have just degraded for whatever reason. When you do find someone with actual talent who knows and excels at their position, it's noteworthy. That shouldn't be the case.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bragging rights at this point. Has Ford come out and said that the FE are being produced first? I know there was some confusion about this but if true... you get bragging rights for being one of the first to acquire it. (This is assuming you are sticking with Navy Pier and don't have the late availability black interior)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm wondering since the mod top issue and Ford inviting (perhaps encouraging) FE folks to down grade to a lower trim will all 7000 be built?, sending any cancelled to dealer stock? Or will build numbers be reduced to match converted FE orders?
Sponsored