First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In all seriousness, I think this last change finally broke me. I am switching to a Badlands. I just have to decide which color. Carbon Grey vs Race Red ......

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the FE was something I was all about until I learned the carpeted flooring was a thing. Why not have the wash out flooring as an option. Between that and the limited color options I dropped back to a Badlands. Saved 10k+ doing so

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When I come out of my state of shock from the bad news about the MOD tops I plan to reassess my FE reservation. I just don't feel like it's smart to make a rash decision at this point. Hell we have until April 8th so who knows what else will change by then.

Sponsored

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As far as we know ford isn't giving them a unique build number which is unfortunate. They are all going to be 1 of 7000. If they did the collectability(?) Would be more significant IMHO.

As stated above, just because lightning blue is unique to the bronco doesn't make it unique. Ford used to have actual unique colors for special editions like the '96 Mystic Mustang and the '04 Mystichrome Mustang (which were also individually numbered).

But who knows. I've seen cars sell at auction for $$$ just due to the rare option combos even though the car was a relative POS.
I have a friend that flew cross country into a snowstorm to buy #628 of 650 1982 Jeep Jamborees. Painted white, maybe one of only 5-10 in that color. Maybe 50 total confirmed Jambos still exist.

Numbering is important, and there is a bet on future collectibility just like you said. Will the VINs even be sequential?

Who among us wants a garage queen might be a better question. I've already got one, I want something I can get dirty and not wash, ever.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have been excited about the new Bronco since I first got wind of a potential launch. I was glued to my screen on the reveal night constantly refreshing the page until I was able to secure my FE reservation. I have rode the wave of emotions since early July of last year. I followed cryptic messages from Mike Levine on Twitter, speculation from ā€œknowledgeable employeesā€™, and inside scoops from industry insiders. I am still excited about getting my FE even though I vacillated between colors, tops and interior colors. Less than 3% of the current reservations are FE so I would say there is some exclusivity, and there will NEVER be another First Edition 6th Gen Bronco.

By the end of the summer many of us will be driving, and enjoying our new Broncos, and all of this pain and suffering will be forgotten. :cool:

Architect

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you can get a black dash on FE versus only light grey dash on BL. Similarly frustrating, you can get black paint & seats on BL, but you canā€™t get black paint, black seats & a black dash on BL. Whatā€™s with the light grey dash? The black interior & black dash on FE looks so good, why donā€™t they offer it on every model?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It secretly has a V8 engine. Oh and a bar that blocks the logo.

Sponsored

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're all forgetting about the best interior offered on bronco, and only available on FE šŸ˜Ž
I share your view that that the FE has the best interior! Black interior with lightning blue paint is the way to go! If anyone doesn't want their FE PM me :) I'd love to get an FE with that combo.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The point is only 7000 people will own one. šŸ¤£

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am struggling with keeping my FE with the lack of anything that makes the trim unique. What is the point of getting a first edition when I can spec a badlands in a copy cat FE build and its ~$3k less?

4-door First edition ~$64k (includes destination and fees)
4-door Badlands w/ sasquatch, MIC top, leather, 2.7L, 10-speed, luxe package ~$61k (includes destination and fees)
Letā€™s just be honest and say that Ford dropped the ball of the Bronco First Edition.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Letā€™s just be honest and say that Ford dropped the ball of the Bronco First Edition.
There has definitely been some bumps in the road, but I'm still all in on purchasing my two First Editions. As far as the the Black MOD top is concerned I did the math and purchasing a Black MOD top in 2022 isn't that bad. Saving $1895 (Difference between two hard tops), $495 (Headliner Credit), $1000 (Credit value in Ford Points) and $700 (Selling Gray MIC Top). Totals $4090. I'm guessing a Black MOD Hardtop from over the counter will cost around $4000. Problem solved. I just have to wait a few months to order a Black MOD top, but in the mean time I'll be cruising around in my FE's.

Last edited: