Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am struggling with keeping my FE with the lack of anything that makes the trim unique. What is the point of getting a first edition when I can spec a badlands in a copy cat FE build and its ~$3k less?

4-door First edition ~$64k (includes destination and fees)
4-door Badlands w/ sasquatch, MIC top, leather, 2.7L, 10-speed, luxe package ~$61k (includes destination and fees)
Nothing more than to say "I'm special and you aren't", to which I say, "meh, I gave up my "I'm special" Bronco for one I actually wanted that had a MT.
Sponsored

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That decision aged well based off the craze for that trim.
we shall see in a few years, still kind of early on, I can't imagine being disappointed with this thing in 1, 2, 5 or 10 years! ;-) it is a ton of fun! Already had it down in Johnson Valley CA running around like a champ! All good/great!! My new profile photo is at the coordinates.

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Saw the Lightning Blue yesterday and it was F***ing Awesome.
Oh yeah, I had a meet up with a Lighting Blue 4 door FE in Medford as I was driving down to Johnson Valley, two thumbs way up!!
Ford Bronco What's the point of First Editions? IMG_4668

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It guaranteed delivery before the end of 2021 and the opportunity to get Navy Pier colored lather interior and Lightning blue.

Kevers

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Usually...it's not the special editions that command the highest prices in the collectors market. It is the random build that is even rarer. i.e. a 2 Door with discontinued Antimatter Blue which somehow got the vinyl washout floor or some accidental factory mismatch.

https://www.hotcars.com/special-edition-cars-worth-a-fortune-and-those-that-werent-worth-it-then/

https://www.hotcars.com/5-collector...eld-their-value-like-gold-5-no-one-collected/

That being said it doesn't hurt to hedge your bet either.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MMBrodsky

First Edition
First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 turbo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Usually...it's not the special editions that command the highest prices in the collectors market. It is the random build that is even rarer. i.e. a 2 Door with discontinued Antimatter Blue which somehow got the vinyl washout floor or some accidental factory mismatch.

https://www.hotcars.com/special-edition-cars-worth-a-fortune-and-those-that-werent-worth-it-then/

https://www.hotcars.com/5-collector...eld-their-value-like-gold-5-no-one-collected/

That being said it doesn't hurt either.
Rarity is the key. And also super important to leave as many things standard as they come from Ford. Anyone who makes major modifications to an FE will love them while they enjoy it but will suffer when they try to sell it.

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nothing more than to say "I'm special and you aren't", to which I say, "meh, I gave up my "I'm special" Bronco for one I actually wanted that had a MT.
Boooooo, you just sound like a sourpuss, just a different limited trim/edition, there will be many many many more in the future (more "I'm special"), heritage edition, everglades edition, etc, etc, etc.

Don't worry you can be an "I'm special" too!! Give me a break!!

Last edited:

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The FE is a damn cool ride. The loaded Badlands is also a cool ride.

99% of them will see some dirt or gravel road, or the local Mall, and some will put angry eyes on them and call it a day.

It's all good. If I had a FE, I'd sell it on Ebay to some sucker for $100K, and go from there...

Good luck with your sweet ride.

MMBrodsky

First Edition
First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 turbo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

99% of them will see some dirt or gravel road, or the local Mall, and some will put angry eyes on them and call it a day.

It's all good. If I had a FE, I'd sell it on Ebay to some sucker for $100K, and go from there...

I’ve done the math for shits and giggles. Once you sell it for 100k you end up with somewhere between 14-20k profit depending on your tax bracket (in and out). Then you have no bronco and if you want one again u need to overpay someone else.

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve done the math for shits and giggles. Once you sell it for 100k you end up with somewhere between 14-20k profit depending on your tax bracket (in and out). Then you have no bronco and if you want one again u need to overpay someone else.
LOL - I would write a clever response to counter your assumptions, but meh.

Good luck in your endeavors...

Sponsored

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Oh yeah, already been to the coordinates in Johnson Valley!! Johnson Valley has some brutal terrain and the Bronco manages like a champ. Whichever one you choose. Lockers were super helpful in a number of low traction situations!!! I would always get a trim with lockers! Just me
Ford Bronco What's the point of First Editions? IMG_4758

350DGRZ

First Edition
First Name
Nilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh yeah, already been to the coordinates in Johnson Valley!! Johnson Valley has some brutal terrain and the Bronco manages like a champ. Whichever one you choose. Lockers were super helpful in a number of low traction situations!!! I would always get a trim with lockers! Just me
Ford Bronco What's the point of First Editions? IMG_4758
Nice ride...It was my original color choice until they offered LB. Will probably see you at some point being that I live on the peninsula.

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice ride...It was my original color choice until they offered LB. Will probably see you at some point being that I live on the peninsula.
Were you in Tacoma on Friday the 19th? I saw my first Bronco (other than mine) in Washington on 11/19! It looked like a LB FE too! I have not seen another full size Bronco on the road in my area. A ton of Bronco Sports, the Sport seems to be popular with the right type of buyer/consumer.
Sponsored