Sponsored

What's the practice on tipping Off-Roadeo guides?

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious - for other trips, tours, etc. where there is a guide involved, typically they are tipped.

Is there a policy or practice for the Off Roadeo?
Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone tried to tip our guide in Moab. He tried to turn it down a couple times but gave in and accepted their twenty dollars 😆.
I think they're already being paid decently by Ford from what he was saying.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if there is a policy, but Last Sunday after lunch I was talking to Corey, our guide at the Texas site, and one of our group members came up and asked him if tips were appropriate and he said sure, if you feel like we went above your expectations etc. The guy tipped him and his assistant $100 each. EDIT: I did not tip. It never crossed my mind.

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking back I probably should have tipped them as I felt like they did an amazing job. At the time I didnt even think about it. Dammit self.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Might depend on how you did driving the course. If you put the fear of God into your guide, then please, give her $100...or more. Consider - was the event worthy of you spending the $250 equivalent of the voucher if you did not have the voucher?

OP
OP

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might depend on how you did driving the course. If you put the fear of God into your guide, then please, give her $100...or more. Consider - was the event worthy of you spending the $250 equivalent of the voucher if you did not have the voucher?
Lol. I don't plan on scaring anyone. But yeah - I'm amazed at the people who complain about the price. Just renting a SxS for a day can easily cost $500 - without a guide. There is a place n Southern Utah that add a tip in the cost of their tours, on top of pretty rich tour costs - and tell you to pay it in cash!

Pretty sure you can tip them with a running start...
HA! That took me a second. Funny boy.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would imagine most people don't tip there. Unless they really went above and beyond, I assume Ford is paying them pretty well. Unlike a restaurant server who may be making a less stellar wage, where tips are expected/customary - At least in North America.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
No tipping. They’re paid to be there.

Sponsored

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tip them. I tipped my guide. Can you imagine spewing the same thing over and over to noobs and have to play nice? Answering your stupid questions? Come on you tight wads. FoMoCo is not paying them what they are worth.

Lakeman77

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tipped my guide today because she made it a great experience for me and got my wife confident behind the wheel on the course.

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After my Nevada experience I think it was only one guy and myself that tipped. The rest didn't. There was no feeling of obligation and nothing awkward about not. But I know he appreciated it.

I believe it was received as a tip should be: graciously and not expected.

Last edited:

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After my Nevada experience I think it was only one guy and myself that tip. The rest didn't. There was no feeling of obligation and nothing awkward about not. But I know he appreciated it.

I believe it was received as a tip should be: graciously and not expected.
Well crap. I didn’t tip. I didn’t even think about it. And I should have. I always tip. I was just having too much fun. If my wife has been with me she would have reminded me. Nevada was a great experience! Much more challenging than expected!

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tip them. I tipped my guide. Can you imagine spewing the same thing over and over to noobs and have to play nice? Answering your stupid questions? Come on you tight wads. FoMoCo is not paying them what they are worth.
Do you tip at amusement parks? Of course not. And you’re not dropping 50k on a roller coaster in order to attend. And it doesn’t cost hundreds of dollars for admission. Get outa here with that nonsense.
Sponsored