Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have both. I have zero brand loyalty and never have. I buy vehicles because I like them, not the brand; most brands make stinkers of vehicles from time to time, and most certainly Jeep and Ford are among them.

The Bronco is off to a decent start. I frankly like my Wrangler a lot more, but it's not a fair comparison given it's been built up over time to be a serious wheeling machine. The Bronco can't even get past the gatekeepers for trails that are a breeze for the Wrangler.

Also, my Bronco (Badlands, Sasquatch, 2.7L, Lux) just broke down and it's at the dealership so I'm not super hot on the Bronco lately to be honest. It broke down the first time I took it wheeling on a pretty moderate trail, too. Not exactly inspiring compared to the Jeep. But my wife likes it so we'll keep it. With 37s and some aftermarket improvements to the weak points (front suspension mainly) I'm hopeful it can be a fun little part-time wheeling machine.
Sponsored

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agreed. I'm a car guy, and Jay Leno is my freakin' hero with his wide assortment of rides. No reason to hate just to support one's own choice, when there's so much to choose from and have fun with. I haven't received any negativity yet for my not-Jeep choices. In fact, I have a hard-core Jeep and Jeep crawler owner in my neighborhood that fawns all over my rides when I run into him, and I slobber all over his rides. I love checking out well built Jeeps whenever I see them, and don't understand Brand fanboys/girls.

1654698973850.png
I LOVE the FJ40!! It was a coin flip between a FJ and an early Bronco back in the day for me. The EB won out, but I will always love the FJs and wish I had one in the fleet.

Back on topic...I ignore juvenile behavior - cause damage to my ride then it's game on.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Must be a "great northwest" thing. Nothing like that has happened to me in Texas. Most Jeep guys like the Bronco.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm currently a Jeep driver. When I see a Bronco out on the road, I typically gawk awkwardly and then follow them uncomfortably close so I can check out their ride until we veer off in different directions.

I would imagine the average Bronco driver finds that way more annoying than getting flipped off. Ha.
I was in my Samurai yesterday and was gawking and waved at a 1G Bronco. Guy probably thought I was some kind of weirdo too.

Sponsored

hkbooner

Wildtrak
First Name
Hallie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Wildtrak (4-dr)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I never understood that attitude at all from people. harley riders vs sport bike guys or mustang v camaro v challenger v vette, etc.... you're all enjoying the same damn thing, the jeep guys should be on the same page as the bronco guys, same goes for the samurai and defender guys. all have the same goals and stuff. when i had a sportbike i always made a point to talk to the harley guys (and eventually became one), i have mustangs and always love talkin to the guys about their vintage camaro's and other classic/muscle cars. we're all cut from the same cloth, makes no sense to not be absolutely cool with each other because of the vehicle you're driving.

now... if you're gonna be a dick once you step outside of the vehicle, that's different. :p

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a current Jeep owner, owner of multiple classic Jeeps and current reservation order holder hoping to one day get my Bronco here is my take. I have gone to recent Jeep shows with my CJ7 and have be accused of bringing a Mahindra to the show. It seems like there are a group of current Jeep owners who are more interested in the number of rubber ducks that they can collect versus what their Jeep represents. I have never owned a JK or a 4 door Jeep , but when it came time, I ordered a 4 door Bronco. With that said, I will always love Jeep, I loved them when it wasn't cool. All the "Jeep" people I know love what Ford has done and can't wait for what improvements competition will bring to both brands. Here are some of the collection and the Bronco will fit right in.
20220604_172917.jpg

Resized_20220521_104646.jpeg

20220501_163909.jpg
20220423_161112.jpg
20220529_203531.jpg
One last comment, you can thank JEEP for the current Bronco, without Jeeps success with the 4 door variant the bean counters at Ford would have never greenlighted the reboot, and let's be truly honest, in 1978 when Ford switched to the Bronco competing with the K5 Blazer it was not the same. Cheers, this Jeep guy won't flip you off, but I am in Texas, so there's that.

Attachments

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They're just jealous, but I did hear Jeep has a hot model coming out soon

Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never understood that attitude at all from people. harley riders vs sport bike guys or mustang v camaro v challenger v vette, etc.... you're all enjoying the same damn thing, the jeep guys should be on the same page as the bronco guys, same goes for the samurai and defender guys. all have the same goals and stuff. when i had a sportbike i always made a point to talk to the harley guys (and eventually became one), i have mustangs and always love talkin to the guys about their vintage camaro's and other classic/muscle cars. we're all cut from the same cloth, makes no sense to not be absolutely cool with each other because of the vehicle you're driving.

now... if you're gonna be a dick once you step outside of the vehicle, that's different. :p
Exactly! For bikes I've had Hondas, Suzuki, Kawasaki; for cars/trucks I've had Fiat, Fords, Pontiac, Chevys, Dodges, Toyotas. I hope to live and drive long enough to add more Brand diversity to the list.

BluBronco

First Edition
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'76 Bronco, '86 Bronco, '08 R6, '21 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have had jeeps and tacomas look and stare some actually smile though and are interested. Some people are just dickheads and that's true for everything.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just want it noted for the record that the east side of Washington state and the west are two SIGNIFICANTLY different places. Don't know the OP and it appears they take the weirdness in stride, which is the right approach. I'll be on the west side this weekend at UWs graduation and will have my head on a swivel.
lol this sounds like the argument for Northern versus Southern California :D

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its a version of the 70's Ford vs Chevy rival... Often, a Ford owner would pass by a Chevy stuck in the mud, etc and visa versa...

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven't met a single jeep who wasn't interested and fascinated with our Bronco yet.

Half of them at stop lights ask so many questions or want to take a look at it in parking lots.
Sponsored