What's up with Jeep guys

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To me, it's more that the Prius is an awful car to drive and worthy of ridicule on that merit alone.
Gotcha. I have a family member who owns one (my gosh... I want to say at least eight years or something) and they absolutely love it. It's been up and down the east coast and has more miles on it than I care to acknowledge lol

Anyway, something in my brain just kind of cracks every time an overused expression gets shoehorned into an otherwise intelligent discussion. The internet is definitely not the place for me haha
Sponsored

Alfabeast

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Giulia Q4 Sport Ti, 1983 Alfa GTV6 2.5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So goofing aside. How do you like the Bronco compared the the YJ? I had a '95 YJ for 14 years. An elemental vehicle to say the least, loved it. The Bronco must feel like a Cadillac in comparison; at least that is what I am expecting.
I had a 94 YJ, loved the half doors and the inline 6, great engine. It was quite the bucking bronco on a long ride on concrete highways, ka thunk ka thunk. My Bronco feels much better, kind of between a wrangler and a F150. It steers nice and I just like cruising slow on backroads.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought I was seeing things and my wife was crazy.

A week ago here in the great northwest my wife was driving the bronco. A jeep 4 door wrangler pulls up next to her and stays at her side for a little while, suddenly he pulls away and gets in front of her then hits the breaks. Of course speeds away afterwards. I don't think much about it really Because I figured my wife did something goofy that upset the fool.

Yesterday I'm coming back from my son's flag football game and Pass a wrangler going the opposite direction. The guy flips me off I think.. He's holding on to the wheel and drops the middle finger down. Not positive that's what he's doing but pretty sure lol. The wife says I'm just looking into it wrong. Maybe so..

Well today the wife was flipped off twice by two different wranglers the same exact way I was lol. She tells me I'm not crazy lol.

So what's the deal with the wrangler folks acting like fools towards bronco owners.
Theyā€™re afraid of a little competition, not educated enough to know thatā€™s why their own rigs are getting better. Wife/we bought a new Rubicon because she didnā€™t want to play the waiting game anymore, but even the day she picked up we test drove a Wildtrak at the same dealer and she already plans on trading the Rubi as soon as you can normally acquire a Bronco. I have no problems with Jeeps, this is actually our 3rd, but Iā€™m a Ford guy and viciously defend the Bronco when itā€™s brought up on their forums.

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yesterday I'm coming back from my son's flag football game and Pass a wrangler going the opposite direction. The guy flips me off I think.. He's holding on to the wheel and drops the middle finger down. Not positive that's what he's doing but pretty sure lol. The wife says I'm just looking into it wrong. Maybe so..

Well today the wife was flipped off twice by two different wranglers the same exact way I was lol. She tells me I'm not crazy lol.
I'm 100% sure that they aren't flipping you off. When you flip someone off, you make a fist, stick your middle finger straight up in the air, and extend that in the other persons direction with the BACK of your hand facing the individual. You describe that their hand is on the steering wheel and the PALM of their hand was facing you. That's simply not how you flip the bird, and there is no way three completely different individuals flipped you off in this same strange way in two days time.

To me, I think its pretty obvious that wrangler owners are waving at you with their "Jeep wave". This is the group of people who do their wave so consistently at each other that the wave has become part of the Jeep brand. This is the group of people that leave cute little duckies on each other's cars and notes that they hoped they made them smile. Of all the different car cultures, Jeep has to be the friendliest. Doing "the wave" is their friendly way of saying " hey, we both have ORV's. We want to include you".

Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys 1654709269182

Big Barney

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Escape, 2000 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As a current Jeep owner, owner of multiple classic Jeeps and current reservation order holder hoping to one day get my Bronco here is my take. I have gone to recent Jeep shows with my CJ7 and have be accused of bringing a Mahindra to the show. It seems like there are a group of current Jeep owners who are more interested in the number of rubber ducks that they can collect versus what their Jeep represents. I have never owned a JK or a 4 door Jeep , but when it came time, I ordered a 4 door Bronco. With that said, I will always love Jeep, I loved them when it wasn't cool. All the "Jeep" people I know love what Ford has done and can't wait for what improvements competition will bring to both brands. Here are some of the collection and the Bronco will fit right in.

One last comment, you can thank JEEP for the current Bronco, without Jeeps success with the 4 door variant the bean counters at Ford would have never greenlighted the reboot, and let's be truly honest, in 1978 when Ford switched to the Bronco competing with the K5 Blazer it was not the same. Cheers, this Jeep guy won't flip you off, but I am in Texas, so there's that.
Love the CJ5, brings back a lot of good memories

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
One last comment, you can thank JEEP for the current Bronco, without Jeeps success with the 4 door variant the bean counters at Ford would have never greenlighted the reboot, and let's be truly honest, in 1978 when Ford switched to the Bronco competing with the K5 Blazer it was not the same. Cheers, this Jeep guy won't flip you off, but I am in Texas, so there's that.
Thank god for Jeep. Glad the new Bronco is here (well kind of here in terms of availability). But Ford was MIA in the rugged open-top 4x4 game since 1978. Anyone who missed out on open-top fun driving CJs/Wranglers during that time, due to some misguided brand loyalty/grudge, was foolish.

Also this thing where some Bronco owners are imaging Jeep owners all driving around unhappy wishing they owned a Bronco. That's bizarre. Not sure why some Bronco owners feel the need to imagine that.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone that can't appreciate another 4x4 because of a brand falls into the d-bag category. They exist behind the wheel of every kind of vehicle.

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love the CJ5, brings back a lot of good memories
That little 5 is awesome, one of the best driving ones I have ever had. It it so fun to cruise around in. It's off roading days are behind it now and it enjoys a nice retirement getting lots of attention when its out and about.

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i live in Massachusetts and people here are nicknamed MASSHOLES for a reason and i must say, i have not had anybody say anything but nice things about my Bronco. i have had many wrangler owners come up to me in the supermarket or liquor store parking lots and talk for about 10 minutes each. i have been pulled over twice so the police officers could check it out. lol. the only thing i have been subject to is at a stop light and the jeep owner initially looks at me and then immediately looks away or down as to not make eye contact with me. so weird.

Sponsored

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To me, I think its pretty obvious that wrangler owners are waving at you with their "Jeep wave". This is the group of people who do their wave so consistently at each other that the wave has become part of the Jeep brand. Doing "the wave" is their friendly way of saying " hey, we both have ORV's. We want to include you".
I had this same thought initially. I was wondering if maybe they're just doing the "jeep wave" and it appears like a flip-off to the uninitiated.

I have to admit... one of things on my "cons" list of getting a Bronco would be losing out on the Jeep wave. I've gotten so used to doing it... I'm not sure I could drive without it. I get genuinely stressed out if I get distracted and miss a wave. I don't want other Jeepers to think I'm a jerk!

The duck thing is dumb. But if the Jeep wave were to extend to Broncos as well, I'd be all for it. Heck, I wave at things like XJs, FJ Cruisers and Tacomas sometimes too if it's obvious they're lifted/modded. (They never wave back, though...)

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see 15-20 Wranglers a day and have never had a negative interaction with a single one. Land Rover Defender guys.... different story! šŸ˜‚
Hey now, the Defender people are jerks to everyone - even other Defender drivers! It's harder to flip anyone off though, as proper driving style is pinkies out! ;)

In reality, I don't care what anyone drives and like seeing Broncos on the road, which is slowly becoming more common. I'm hitting the road in just over a week headed for the Badlands (original plan was to take my Badlands to the Badlands, but things changed...). I'll be happy to wave to / chat with any Jeeps, Broncos, Defenders, or whoever on the trip!

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey now, the Defender people are jerks to everyone - even other Defender drivers! It's harder to flip anyone off though, as proper driving style is pinkies out! ;)

In reality, I don't care what anyone drives and like seeing Broncos on the road, which is slowly becoming more common. I'm hitting the road in just over a week headed for the Badlands (original plan was to take my Badlands to the Badlands, but things changed...). I'll be happy to wave to / chat with any Jeeps, Broncos, Defenders, or whoever on the trip!
My experience was one guy specifically. He's seen me a few times and has 1) flipped me off, 2) stuck his tongue out while wildly flailing his arms, and 3) tried to throw his gum at me (he missed) šŸ¤£

Enjoy the Badlands! Definitely stop in Wall Drug and check out the Badlands Saloon!

Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys 20220307_105829

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My experience was one guy specifically. He's seen me a few times and has 1) flipped me off, 2) stuck his tongue out while wildly flailing his arms, and 3) tried to throw his gum at me (he missed) šŸ¤£

Enjoy the Badlands! Definitely stop in Wall Drug and check out the Badlands Saloon!

Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys 20220307_105829
That guy seems... not right. o_O

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to the trip! There will definitely be at least one night spent in Wall before heading to an AirBnB in the Rapid City area. Well, assuming i don't end up broken down, as I've been warned about driving a Land Rover, but I have a satellite messenger and supplies just in case. :ROFLMAO: