First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a current Jeep owner, owner of multiple classic Jeeps and current reservation order holder hoping to one day get my Bronco here is my take. I have gone to recent Jeep shows with my CJ7 and have be accused of bringing a Mahindra to the show. It seems like there are a group of current Jeep owners who are more interested in the number of rubber ducks that they can collect versus what their Jeep represents. I have never owned a JK or a 4 door Jeep , but when it came time, I ordered a 4 door Bronco. With that said, I will always love Jeep, I loved them when it wasn't cool. All the "Jeep" people I know love what Ford has done and can't wait for what improvements competition will bring to both brands. Here are some of the collection and the Bronco will fit right in.
20220604_172917.jpg

Resized_20220521_104646.jpeg

20220501_163909.jpg
20220423_161112.jpg
20220529_203531.jpg
One last comment, you can thank JEEP for the current Bronco, without Jeeps success with the 4 door variant the bean counters at Ford would have never greenlighted the reboot, and let's be truly honest, in 1978 when Ford switched to the Bronco competing with the K5 Blazer it was not the same. Cheers, this Jeep guy won't flip you off, but I am in Texas, so there's that.
Nice GW, i had it's pickup cousin , a 1986 longbed J10 with the 360 v8 & auto and a 1979 shortbed J10 with the 258 straight 6 & 3 speed manual
Sponsored

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice GW, i had it's pickup cousin , a 1986 longbed J10 with the 360 v8 & auto and a 1979 shortbed J10 with the 258 straight 6 & 3 speed manual
Here is my current project. Jeep SJs are awesome. This one is going full on Honcho mode.

Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys 20220508_162626

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s funny, usually jeep owners think Iā€™m a jeep and wave at me if I catch them off guard around a corner. I havenā€™t had any issues with the off-road community thankfully

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So here in upstate NY you have a lot of reasons to buy a Jeep, mainly about 120ā€ of snow in the winter. But you can sort keepers into 3 categories:

1. Non wranglers: oblivious to the lifestyle, waves, do not care. Iā€™m ok with these people.
2. Wranglers: start to wave and quickly stop. Iā€™m ok with these people.
3. Gladiator trucks: try to run you off he road/ race and are permanently pissed that you have a hotter vehicle than them. Even in my prior car these guys just are never happy. I had a guy speed up to deny me from merging and scraped up my car ā€¦ full Patagonia outfit. Jeez. These people just need to go off-roading and learn to chill.

My theory: When you buy a vehicle and donā€™t take it off road you realize that you gave up comfort for a capability you will never use. You donā€™t own up to that decision. So every time you drive your vehicle you get a little more pissed at those who doā€¦

edit: I now refer to these guys as ā€˜full Patagoniaā€™

Last edited:

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1. Itā€™s Washington State
2. They are bitter, jealous, and pissed that ever other person owns a Jeep.
3. Itā€™s Washington State.

This is why all the good families are leaving.
Did a little work in Washington and had to drive between Vancouver and Pasco a couple nights. My god, it's a 70 and I'd pass numerous cars doing 45 with their high beams on. So many people drive like they've literally never operated a car before.

Had a good belly laugh when I saw a semi tractor with a rear-mounted LED light bar flash cars with their highs on.

With the amount of attention Broncos get, there's no reason not to have at least a front and rear dashcam with a parking mode. I have a Thinkware F200 Pro ready and waiting for when i take delivery.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm 100% sure that they aren't flipping you off. When you flip someone off, you make a fist, stick your middle finger straight up in the air, and extend that in the other persons direction with the BACK of your hand facing the individual. You describe that their hand is on the steering wheel and the PALM of their hand was facing you. That's simply not how you flip the bird, and there is no way three completely different individuals flipped you off in this same strange way in two days time.

To me, I think its pretty obvious that wrangler owners are waving at you with their "Jeep wave". This is the group of people who do their wave so consistently at each other that the wave has become part of the Jeep brand. This is the group of people that leave cute little duckies on each other's cars and notes that they hoped they made them smile. Of all the different car cultures, Jeep has to be the friendliest. Doing "the wave" is their friendly way of saying " hey, we both have ORV's. We want to include you".

Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys 1654743794989
Lest we not forget jeepers are the ones that started this.
Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys Screenshot_20220609-050811_Gallery

Sponsored

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everyone is snarky and assumes I am an idiot who paid a rediculous ADM for a gimmickee jeep wannabe, but haven't had an issue with people just being jerks about it.
Haters gonna Hate
I paid MSRP for my base and it is awesome.

Attachments

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thought I was seeing things and my wife was crazy.

A week ago here in the great northwest my wife was driving the bronco. A jeep 4 door wrangler pulls up next to her and stays at her side for a little while, suddenly he pulls away and gets in front of her then hits the breaks. Of course speeds away afterwards. I don't think much about it really Because I figured my wife did something goofy that upset the fool.

Yesterday I'm coming back from my son's flag football game and Pass a wrangler going the opposite direction. The guy flips me off I think.. He's holding on to the wheel and drops the middle finger down. Not positive that's what he's doing but pretty sure lol. The wife says I'm just looking into it wrong. Maybe so..

Well today the wife was flipped off twice by two different wranglers the same exact way I was lol. She tells me I'm not crazy lol.

So what's the deal with the wrangler folks acting like fools towards bronco owners.
Dude. Your in Washington State. Yā€™all cray cray.
I got the finger! :ROFLMAO: I drove down to Death Valley (from Washington) in late Match and 1 in 5 Jeep guys gave me the finger. I thought I was seeing things, then thought it must be the ADVrider salute (since I was towing a dual sport motorcycle). Once in DV, I told my Jeep friends and they laughed, saidā€¦ā€¦yup, some A-hole feeling threatened because heā€™s not special anymore.

if it makes you feel better, Iā€™ve had one 4Runner guy give me a thumbs down(n) while driving next to me.šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

I think at this point, all the Jeep and 4Runner peeps want to keep reading about our engines having bad valves and the wrong dipsticks, It makes them feel justifiedā€¦ā€¦.to what they bought. People are really something theses days. Ohhhhh well.

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right on. šŸ¤˜šŸ˜ŽšŸ¤˜

Concur 100%... I work on Joint Base Lewis-McChord near Tacoma (WEST of the Cascades).

I just came back from Yakima Training Center (East side) training a Stryker unit. Wish I had my Bronco out there instead of my Dodge 1500 4x4 work truck... but not an option. Most people seem to have no idea that central Washington state is a freaking desert.

... and in between... Mount Rainier and the Cascades.

Totally different type of people you'll find on each side... just sayin'.
Beautiful pics!!! Regardless of the knuckleheads, this state is unique and gorgeous. Both sides (and the Mts in-between) have their own beauty. My dad was stationed at Ft. Lewis right after i was born. This is my second stint here (20 yrs now). When the bronco comes in (soon?!?!), I'll be wheeling all areas - no waves necessary.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live in Chicago and it seems like I pass 8-10 Wranglers every time I get in my Bronco. All but one of them have every done anything, and the one that did gave me the peace sign....so...idk.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the finger! :ROFLMAO: I drove down to Death Valley (from Washington) in late Match and 1 in 5 Jeep guys gave me the finger. I thought I was seeing things, then thought it must be the ADVrider salute (since I was towing a dual sport motorcycle). Once in DV, I told my Jeep friends and they laughed, saidā€¦ā€¦yup, some A-hole feeling threatened because heā€™s not special anymore.

if it makes you feel better, Iā€™ve had one 4Runner guy give me a thumbs down(n) while driving next to me.šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

I think at this point, all the Jeep and 4Runner peeps want to keep reading about our engines having bad valves and the wrong dipsticks, It makes them feel justifiedā€¦ā€¦.to what they bought. People are really something theses days. Ohhhhh well.
Next time give 'em back one of these šŸ¤ and a big-ass grin šŸ˜.
Sponsored