Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This all sounds very Jussie Smollett…

Or you're misunderstanding a wave or a Shaka for being flipped off. Very unlikely your family happened to run into every single jeep jerk alive in the first week of ownership. Not an indictment of you, I can see it easily being misinterpreted when you’re not used to them waving all the time.
Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just want it noted for the record that the east side of Washington state and the west are two SIGNIFICANTLY different places. Don't know the OP and it appears they take the weirdness in stride, which is the right approach. I'll be on the west side this weekend at UWs graduation and will have my head on a swivel.
Right on. 🤘😎🤘

Concur 100%... I work on Joint Base Lewis-McChord near Tacoma (WEST of the Cascades).

Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys Screenshot_20220607-134218_Gallery
Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys Screenshot_20220607-134245_Gallery

I just came back from Yakima Training Center (East side) training a Stryker unit. Wish I had my Bronco out there instead of my Dodge 1500 4x4 work truck... but not an option. Most people seem to have no idea that central Washington state is a freaking desert.

Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys 20220606_142406
Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys 20220606_145726

... and in between... Mount Rainier and the Cascades.

Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys MtRainier-1200x800

Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys 20200221_081143

Totally different type of people you'll find on each side... just sayin'.

Last edited:

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Going out on a limb here, but are you sure they aren’t giving you their jeep wave? A one or two finger wave is common.

bmuelz3

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bro the same thing happened to me I'm in New York and a jeep sped up around me hit the breaks and drove off while flipping me off. They're fucking assholes

robertccribb

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I traded in my JL for my Badlands... so I just keep doing the Jeep Wave whenever I see a Jeep. I don't get a lot back... but I have gotten a few.

Sponsored

aewhitehouse

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I do ever end up with a Wrangler, I'll never participate in that cockamamie personality cult weirdness of Jeep owners.

SgroiRoy

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2-Door Flame Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long time Jeep Guy here (decades).

I've seen only a handful of Broncos in the wild, but everyone of them got a 2 finger & thumb wave and an enthusiastic thumbs up from me!!

I just don't understand these Jeep Guys that have to be an @$$ to the Bronco 🐎 Gang; competition is good for both!

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I do ever end up with a Wrangler, I'll never participate in that cockamamie personality cult weirdness of Jeep owners.
What, going off road?

Ford Bronco What's up with Jeep guys 1654733090392

OP
OP
Freedom5

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most of the Jeeps I come across also either stare or intentionally look away. A couple of them have actually waved.
Had one wave and then he got closer with a very confused look on his face lol

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see 15-20 Wranglers a day and have never had a negative interaction with a single one. Land Rover Defender guys.... different story! 😂
Same here. Actually starting to get some friendly waves.
I'm not used to doing that yet, so there may be a few over on the Heep boards bitching about the snobby Bronco guy. LOL
Sorry fellas, I wave when I see ya!!!

OP
OP
Freedom5

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just want it noted for the record that the east side of Washington state and the west are two SIGNIFICANTLY different places. Don't know the OP and it appears they take the weirdness in stride, which is the right approach. I'll be on the west side this weekend at UWs graduation and will have my head on a swivel.
Like two different states for sure. Love the east side. I'm in Republic Washington quite a bit at the in-laws.

OP
OP
Freedom5

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a current Jeep owner, owner of multiple classic Jeeps and current reservation order holder hoping to one day get my Bronco here is my take. I have gone to recent Jeep shows with my CJ7 and have be accused of bringing a Mahindra to the show. It seems like there are a group of current Jeep owners who are more interested in the number of rubber ducks that they can collect versus what their Jeep represents. I have never owned a JK or a 4 door Jeep , but when it came time, I ordered a 4 door Bronco. With that said, I will always love Jeep, I loved them when it wasn't cool. All the "Jeep" people I know love what Ford has done and can't wait for what improvements competition will bring to both brands. Here are some of the collection and the Bronco will fit right in.

One last comment, you can thank JEEP for the current Bronco, without Jeeps success with the 4 door variant the bean counters at Ford would have never greenlighted the reboot, and let's be truly honest, in 1978 when Ford switched to the Bronco competing with the K5 Blazer it was not the same. Cheers, this Jeep guy won't flip you off, but I am in Texas, so there's that.
I had a 00 tj wrangler on 40s , big axles, atlas t-case, armored up with a 5" stretch.
Still never acted like a fool.

OP
OP
Freedom5

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My experience was one guy specifically. He's seen me a few times and has 1) flipped me off, 2) stuck his tongue out while wildly flailing his arms, and 3) tried to throw his gum at me (he missed) 🤣

Enjoy the Badlands! Definitely stop in Wall Drug and check out the Badlands Saloon!

I was there last year lol. Not in the bronco though
Sponsored