Sponsored

What's Up With The Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner Option?

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
yuuup..the extra sound come with territory. I will say I put AT's on my honda element. the tire sound is pretty loud, and the mileage dropped quite a bit as well. seems like every year I get older the sound gets louder..

too bad the bronco and sasquanch package didn't come out 20/30 years ago when I would have appreciated it...now i'm happy with the base/bb providing I can get a few things added on......a lift and monster tires is not one of them.
An Element is a unibody vehicle, the body is just above the road, I can assure you a BOF vehicle with the same tires would be signficantly quieter, being further off the ground and having a reinforced frame that eliminates a lot of NVH issues a similar setup on a unibody would have.

Now all that is moot if you can’t tell any difference coming from the floor because of wind noise from the windshield and roof...

As I mentioned I’ve been running 37” KO2s for a while. The first 20k miles they were completely silent, as they age I can faintly hear them, and I’m sure near the end of their life the noise will obvious.

Also depends on brand, if you get the LingLong Crosswind tires yo-yo.
Sponsored

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

because i don' want a removable roof. i want a normal hardtop roof.
I'm in the same boat. I would never use the vehicle with the roof off so for me it is just extra annoyance to have to deal with those 'issues'.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. I would never use the vehicle with the roof off so for me it is just extra annoyance to have to deal with those 'issues'.
What "issues" are you referring to? You realize you don't have to take the top off, right?
If you never take the top off, I would imagine you wouldn't ever have to worry about it leaking.

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What "issues" are you referring to? You realize you don't have to take the top off, right?
If you never take the top off, I would imagine you wouldn't ever have to worry about it leaking.
More nose, more heat/cold coming through, potential rattles, potential leaks and less load capacity for a tent etc. They may be fine at first but over time seals will degrade in various ways.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More nose, more heat/cold coming through, potential rattles, potential leaks and less load capacity for a tent etc. They may be fine at first but over time seals will degrade in various ways.
Ahh, Ok. I will have to admit that I am somewhat concerned about rattles. I definitely have OCD concerning any kind of interior rattles. It drives my wife crazy when I start trying to find sources of rattles while I am driving. ?

Sponsored

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahh, Ok. I will have to admit that I am somewhat concerned about rattles. I definitely have OCD concerning any kind of interior rattles. It drives my wife crazy when I start trying to find sources of rattles while I am driving. ?
Yeah I really hate them. I've managed to get rid of all the internal rattles in my current rig but nothing I can do about all the lifted suspension noises. :))

Mine

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want the Bronco styling with the comforts of the Explorer. :-(

I don’t want it loud going to the mall! Lol

The right tool for the job, and as much as I like the Bronco....I might have to go explorer. Oh well, it is a first world problem, unlike not having running water. Ha!
I think you just described word for word what the Bronco Sport is(y)

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As a former Jeep owner of 10 years, I’d never use a soft top on the regular and will certainly get the sound deadening headliner. It’s a must for me. I plan to overland and trail ride at different parks around my state, which could take my 2-3 hours of highway driving in some cases. I don’t want to give my kids something else to bitch about during the drive.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks like it may have the removable panel over the rear seats. That will leave you with very little to remove in back
Even if I did opt for the 4 piece, "modular", painted top, I'm guessing that I would frequently want to remove all four pieces, not just open that little "donut hole".

At this point, I'm planning to stick with the gray molded plastic 3 piece top. Though I wish it was more black than gray. I'm fairly sure that both tops will have the same accessory mounting notches, though I'd need to scan some images to be sure of that.

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Options like that annoy me. Why wouldn't we want the sound deadening material? No thanks, I want the extra road noise and poor temperature control.
I agree, or at least it would be nice if the "additional sound deadening" were available without having to commit to the whole HIGH package (which requires at least Outer Banks trim, if I am reading correctly).

I would really like to know what the High Package "additional sound deadening" is, if it's related to the top (and then probably easily substituted with something aftermarket) or if it's body-related.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yep seals go bad

https://ispot.tv/a/7ecQ

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe you should buy a civic

KaneNorth

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I imagine it will be comparible or better than the roof on my jeep. I driver a 2015 wrangler. I have driven in temperatures from 116 to -49 (it regularly gets as cold as -40 where I live in the winter) and only once have I had any problems with leaks and it was my own fault for not re-seating the roof panel over the drivers seat correctly when I put them back in quickly during a storm and it only took me 30 seconds to correct. No temperature problems either except for driving through death valley in the summer and the AC was icing up. Load capacity hasn't been an issue either. I have a rhino rack pioneer platform on my jeep and my rooftop tent stays on it full time, only issue is reduced fuel economy. I have no doubts that rhino rack or other aftermarket companies will have something in the works for the bronco given that we have already seen several examples of factory option roof racks.
Sponsored