Sponsored

What's Up With The Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner Option?

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Mark, does the floor package makes a big difference in sound insulation, or is it more the headliner/top package?
Sponsored

Deleted member 14617

I had a 97 TJ with a hardtop in upstate NY. I never noticed it being especially loud or hot/cold. I hate being cold, but the heat worked fine. My Escape with winter tires bothered me for noise, but the Jeep (with Wrangler mud tires) never did. It's really going to depend on what you expect and/or how much this kind of thing bothers you.

I was going to go with the MIC top because I'm not too worried about the color and it's cheaper, but then I realized the rear windows were fixed in that one for the 2 door. I'll get the molded top so I can pop out the rear windows.

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi Mark, does the floor package makes a big difference in sound insulation, or is it more the headliner/top package?
Because the hard tops are fiberglass with no insulation, adding a headliner will be the most noticeable difference. Sound Assassin is a great addition if you want to do all you can to mitigate road noise & improve thermal insulation.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't get it. Many people probably feel similarly about their pet options. If they want to pay for it, then everybody should be forced to get it. If I'm driving always with the roof off. You want me to pay for sound dampening material to sit in my garage?

Sorry, just not a big fan of people lobbying for less choice.
I feel like a lot of people don’t understand what they are buying here. I’m sorry for those people, it’s not going to ride like an Explorer or a Hylander. It’s ment to be rugged. I think it will ride much better the a wrangler but still going to have a truck feel and sound to it.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the shout out. We are excited to say that we will be making our Hothead Headliners for the new Ford Bronco as soon as possible.

We have a contact form up on our website if anyone would like to be notified once we do have them available. Click the below link and give us your contact info and you'll be the first to know.

Get notified when Hothead Headliners are available for the Ford Bronco

In the meantime, we'd be happy to answer any headliner questions. Just let me know.

-Mark
signed up, thanks.

Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

swagner2

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you've ever had a removable top, then you some idea of what to expect. They are usually made to be lightweight so you can easily remove them. Kinda like a well made cap for the bed of a truck. Usually one thin wall with no headliner or insulation. They aren't loud, but they aren't luxury SUV quality either. Some people who have never had a real off road vehicle are going to complain about the road noise. The tires will be louder. The top will be louder. It is what it is. They offer an option to make it quieter for those who don't want to use it for what it was intended.
- you bring up a very good point about expectations. High quality sound deadening is heavy. Racers - remove this first to cut weight out of their cars.

If these panels were as well-insulated as a premium roof - it will increase weight and thus not be easy to remove. Bronco is aimed at youth movement and they specifically sought small women in the design to ensure it can be used by any size/strength.

- Factory liners are usually better than aftermarket for fit and finish - but have realistic expectations for sound proofing. Drive a modern hard top convertible and they are all louder than coupe version.

MamaD

Badlands
First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 IH Scout 80, 48 Ford Coupe, 2014 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I try and add the headliner on the B&P it says I can’t because I selected the 2.7. Why is that? Why should it matter?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I try and add the headliner on the B&P it says I can’t because I selected the 2.7. Why is that? Why should it matter?
That sounds like a glitch of some kind. I was able to order the headliner on my 2.7 2dr unless it comes standard with that engine choice which I don't think it does.

When you place your order, that's a good question for the dealership. I got it to have somewhere to put patches from places I go wheeling and mod manufacturers I love.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you get a 4-door with either the 2.7 or Sasquatch, there are several things you can't add. Headliner and roof rack being notable ones. This is not a glitch. Ford just won't let you do it, apparently due to GVWR issues. No, it doesn't make sense. The only option is to order it through parts and install it later.

Sponsored

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every Bronco Model has the "Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner" as an option under Interior. Also the High Package includes "Additional Sound Deadening Materials".
On another forum, a dealer commented that the “Additional sound Deadening Materials” in the High Package were actually under the hood. Tried to get confirmation, but my dealer was clueless. 🤷🏼‍♀️

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On another forum, a dealer commented that the “Additional sound Deadening Materials” in the High Package were actually under the hood. Tried to get confirmation, but my dealer was clueless. 🤷🏼‍♀️
So headliner is 1 thing... The additional with the high does include some sort of material against the firewall, and might also be on the inside of the hood.

There are pics and videos from BN I believe that show it.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The F150 emblem removal video shows the thick foam. Looks like a sponge.

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Same issue building some different variants this morning. I fail to see how changing the engine from the 2.3 to the 2.7 without changing anything else automatically makes it to where I can't have sound deadening option on the roof. It even said I couldn't have paint protection as well when I picked the 2.7 option which makes no sense.
Sponsored