Sponsored

What's Up With The Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner Option?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think all are removable, MIC 3 Parts (2 over driver-pass and rear clam shell) painted has an extra "donut hole" over rear passengers (look at colorizer illustrations)
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you've ever had a removable top, then you some idea of what to expect. They are usually made to be lightweight so you can easily remove them. Kinda like a well made cap for the bed of a truck. Usually one thin wall with no headliner or insulation. They aren't loud, but they aren't luxury SUV quality either. Some people who have never had a real off road vehicle are going to complain about the road noise. The tires will be louder. The top will be louder. It is what it is. They offer an option to make it quieter for those who don't want to use it for what it was intended.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A little background viewing on the subject:

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My JL rubicon has a hard top. Stays cool in the summer in 95 degree heat and warm in the winter at 10 degrees. Road noise isnā€™t too bad.

Of course it is not as quiet as the wifeā€˜s full size SUv land barge (Nissan Armada Platinum)

It Is quieter than my GTR With an enclosed carbon fiber underbody. Everything gets transmitted through the cabin In that car.

You guys/gals will be fine With the Bronco. Now my old TJ with worn mud tires - that thing was loud.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now my old TJ with worn mud tires - that thing was loud.
Reading this thread conjures memories of a buddy's TJ soft top with mud tires. I would lose my voice on long road trips. None of the rest of the gang would even ride with him.

No matter what, the Bronco will be no worse than that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ride Em Bronco

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
will there be a 2-door version with NO removable roof?
If you've ever had a removable top, then you some idea of what to expect. They are usually made to be lightweight so you can easily remove them. Kinda like a well made cap for the bed of a truck. Usually one thin wall with no headliner or insulation. They aren't loud, but they aren't luxury SUV quality either. Some people who have never had a real off road vehicle are going to complain about the road noise. The tires will be louder. The top will be louder. It is what it is. They offer an option to make it quieter for those who don't want to use it for what it was intended.
What would that option be? I see the F E comes std with a hardtop sound deadening headliner.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What would that option be? I see the F E comes std with a hardtop sound deadening headliner.
Under Interior Features ->> Comfort and Convenience it's called "Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner". It's categorized as optional for the Badlands.

OP
OP
Ride Em Bronco

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tha
Thanks for the video - after watching it I will be going with a hardtop headliner. If Ford does not offer one for the Bronco I am sure an after-market company will. And Ford most likely will as the F E apparently has hard top sound insulation std.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want the Bronco styling with the comforts of the Explorer. :-(

I donā€™t want it loud going to the mall! Lol

The right tool for the job, and as much as I like the Bronco....I might have to go explorer. Oh well, it is a first world problem, unlike not having running water. Ha!

OP
OP
Ride Em Bronco

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Under Interior Features ->> Comfort and Convenience it's called "Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner". It's categorized as optional for the Badlands.
I am looking at the Big Bend which does not offer it as an option but I am sure Ford will eventually offer it as an accessory or parts item. Hey by the time I order mine maybe I can make a deal with my dealer. ;)

Sponsored

cowgoesmoo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mustang v6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

off topic but if anyone goes to build a ford ranger and scroll to the accessories tab we can see a preview of everything that will probably be available for the bronco, like bike racks, roof racks, kayak carriers, etc... LOTS of options

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the Bronco styling with the comforts of the Explorer. :-(

I donā€™t want it loud going to the mall! Lol

The right tool for the job, and as much as I like the Bronco....I might have to go explorer. Oh well, it is a first world problem, unlike not having running water. Ha!
It's a lot harder to take the top off of an Explorer. And even harder to put it back on.